Laramie County School District #1 Employee Reviews

Laramie county school district 1
Sub Custodian (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYFebruary 26, 2019
Before we had a change in supervisor I was happy at this job, when the new supervisor took over I felt like he had a vendetta toward me and was trying to fire me
Varies day to day
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYNovember 19, 2018
Expect a new school or new position daily. Jobs are not guaranteed daily. It is tough to go into a room for a day and manage it for students when you are not their normal teacher. Does provide for variety at work.
Great School District
Elementary Teacher (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYOctober 17, 2018
Overall, LCSD#1 is a very good school district. The overall culture and 'feel' of teaching day to day is directly related to the quality and personality of the individual building principal. My last principal was of the highest quality, and it was the most positive experience of the last 25 years.
The hardest job I have ever loved!
School Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYFebruary 19, 2018
I love my job! I love working with the kids! Most of my co-workers are likeable people to work with. Some, not so much! Management needs an overhaul. They don’t have the interest of their employees in mind and they are difficult to work with sometimes. Recent budget cuts have had a negative effect on the overall morale within the district. Despite the many challenges this district is facing,I still believe in what we do.
Pros
Providing an invaluable service to the communities and students.
Cons
Budget cuts, cranky management, unprofessional behavior of some fellow employees
Supportive
Fourth Grade Teacher (Current Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYJanuary 15, 2018
Your peers are very supportive of each other and always willing to work. Understanding when time off is needed for personal or family. Budgetary issues cause job security to be low
A challenging environmentfocused on preparing future generations.
Technology Education Facilitator (Current Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYDecember 17, 2017
A challenging environment where the honest focus is on preparing future generations to be productive members of the community.
The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the passion of young learners as they pursued the possibilities of what technology extends to them.
Great place
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYDecember 4, 2017
Great place to work, always a different day, keeps you on your toes. There is a lot of job competition, you are kept to high standards and the students are great.
Excellent
Head Custodian (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYJune 27, 2017
Learn all that you can keep your mind strong all ways ask questions.the school district is a very goos job to have I enjoyed being around children and the teachers I enjoyed careing for the building and staff.
Pros
Having the same days off as kids.
Cons
Benifents
Fun
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYJune 13, 2017
This district really cares about the wellbeing of the children. It is so nice going into a work place and seeing how much care there is for all of the people around.
Opportunity to groom the next generation
Paraprofessional Educator (Current Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYDecember 20, 2016
Working for LCSD1 gave me a chance to integrate into the Cheyenne community, since my husband is active duty and we move every couple years. Every school is very different; people, personalities, etc. Working as a part-time para, I created my own hours and schedule.
Teenagers are fun and hard to work with
Marketing Teacher (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYMarch 3, 2015
Never have being a teacher before I found it was harder than I thought it would be, however it was also fun. The other teachers were really nice and I am still a substitute teacher.
A warm place to work!
RN, BSN (Current Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYMarch 1, 2015
I enjoy working for LCSD #1 because I am with like minded people who have made a career out of loving children and helping them to succeed and achieve their dreams. This is not an easy task as some children come from neglectful and abusive homes. It is difficult to learn that some children are never going to have a fair chance at "life" but it is rewarding to greet them with love and support and positivity. I feel that I am making a difference...even if to just offer a smile or word of encouragement to a child that receives none at home. Every day that I walk away from a school, I am grateful for the opportunity to have left my "mark" there (and I feel that I have).
Pros
The opportunity to touch the life of a child.
Cons
I wish I could make more of an impact.
working with public
School Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYSeptember 7, 2013
positive work environment
being outdoors
split shift
management was on hand
Lcsd 1
Substitute (Current Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYJune 6, 2012
This job was very interesting and fun. I enjoyed having a different experience everyday!
Pros
new people on a a daily basis.