LAREDO MEDICAL CENTER Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Priductive and fun to work at.
Scheduling Specialist (Current Employee) –  Laredo, TXMay 16, 2018
It is an amazing place to grow and polish your tools and job habits. They will help you succeed and will work with your life demands. Overall great place for a career
place to work
typical days at work
crowded ED
Enjoyable
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Laredo, TX 78041April 4, 2018
While my coworkers are great, they workload may at times be overwhelming. Demands may be reasonable at times, but unreasonable at others. Just like all places, there are pros and cons.
Unsatisfactory setting
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Laredo, TXMarch 27, 2018
This is a hospital that is apparently on the border. I did not find the management staff as supportive as needed, but the working staff were very helpful. This hospital should likely be re-evaluated as to the level of cleanliness, budget overruns, and level of expertise at the staff level.
Productive and fun workplace
PC Technician (Former Employee) –  Laredo, TXMarch 15, 2018
I worked there as a PC Technician and would start the day off by taking phone calls from the end users. Dealt with a wide variety of problems from software, hardware, to Cerner, which are programs in a Citrix environment. Colleagues where great. They would help whenever they can. Management was also great. Always had your back and would always be there for you when you needed them.
very friendly people always working as a team
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Laredo, TXMarch 12, 2018
I loved my job at Laredo care clinic it was a fast paced job also had to be in charge of labs and take patient vitals there was a misunderstanding there for it was led to me being laid off
learning environment
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Laredo, TXFebruary 4, 2018
Patient bed side care, multiple task to accomplish, care coordination , management of time , work culture is fantastic with , hardest part of the job is lack of help always short staff , but what hospital isn't. most enjoyable part of the job helping the patient s
Pros
leave work at work
Cons
productive and fun place to work
Staff Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Laredo, TXJanuary 30, 2018
Great place to work.
Excellent management team.
Compassionate environment.
Chance to make a positive impact on patients and community..
Great training of new employees
Pros
discounted meals
Cons
difficult working hours
Nice place of work
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Laredo, TXJanuary 25, 2018
A typical day at work a fast past environment.
you learn something new everyday.
great management, open door and reachable at all times.
work culture is nice all staff helps
Pros
food is good in the cafeteria
Cons
SHORT breaks, you eat when they let you eat.
unenjoyable place to work. theres a big turn around with nursing staff
Technician (Former Employee) –  Laredo, TXNovember 6, 2017
poorly run hospital, look elsewhere, always short staffed and a big turn around with nursing staff. lots of work though. its fast paced because of the lack of staff
fun working with patienc
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Laredo, TX 78040November 6, 2017
very proffesional enviroment. You get to learn very new things and smetimes work behind the scenes of examine test for patientse ans creating a sweet environmetn.
So much responsibility for little pay
Plant Operator lll (Former Employee) –  Laredo, TXSeptember 29, 2017
Maintenance supervisor is constantly trying to make workers look bad jorge. Plant supervisor is very easy going very helpful and knowledgeable. This job is only if you're ready for retirement. 12 to 13 an hour is so little for so much responsibility. It's so surprising that a job at a clothing outlet pays 18. 20 an hour. And an important job like plant operator with vital equipment pays only 12 hour. The plant is in very bad condition do to neglect from administration not approving equipment and work needed. I think I rather go fold clothes for 18 an hour..
Pros
Good kitchen that's it
Cons
Low pay. Bad upper management
its good job
Phlebotomist/Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Laredo, TXSeptember 2, 2017
high paced job. good hours. you draw alot of patients daily. you get alot of overtime. good coworkers. ...........................................................
Pros
good hrs. overtime
Cons
short staff. people call in alot
Good place to start off
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Laredo, TXAugust 30, 2017
Good place to get experience. Great work environment and co workers. Pay can be better for nurses for the long hours worked. Over good place to start and gain experience
Poor respiratory therapy management
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Laredo, TXAugust 22, 2017
Respiratory therapist manage more than 10 ventilators on a daily basis and even more so during busy season. Management in that department has poor communication skills with Administration and with other department directors.
Pros
People work at that hospital that deserve to be recognized
Cons
Bilingual skills from the director prevent him from communicating with his staff.hi
Staff
Certified Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Laredo, TXJuly 20, 2017
Staff is a plus
Management is a plus
Long and heavy work load
Pay is low
No real incentive to advance
But in a small city not many choices or room to move
Pros
Staff
Cons
Many
great first job
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Laredo, TXJune 26, 2017
This hospital pharmacy is a good place to start in the field because of the relatively low volume and nurturing environment. Training was available at my request when I felt ready to learn something new. Otherwise, it is easy to stay in a position that is comfortable. Management was supportive of staff.
Pros
good managers
Cons
limited growth
Lmc
ER Admitting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Laredo, TXJune 12, 2017
good team
good management
had fast paced

I learned how to register patients , I would work around nurses and dr. I had a lot of experience at the hospital, I enjoyed learning you things during the time I was at emergency room.
Pros
everyone would help you out
Cons
more pay
Very productive...Environment.
Log analyst (Current Employee) –  Laredo, TXJune 4, 2017
I like working at LMC...Everyone is friendly from employees to all our doctors in our facility. I love my job. I look forward to working there. Great
Pros
Hospital is close. We have awesome doctors. We have a great cafeteria. We have a gift shop.
Cons
More handicap parking is needed.
Coworkers made the position worthwhile
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Laredo, TX 78041January 26, 2017
In many cases healthcare is taxing work and those that accept its challenges are largely unrewarded. A 12$ hourly pay is rather insignificant compared to the work load and one could in theory earn more waiting tables. I could give that review, but information can be found on any job sight or blog complaining about the nature of the profession. The various departments would be put to capacity on a regular occasion therefore putting a large burden on the pharmacy. I rarely had moments to breath. Without a certification in sterile compounding, I was hired purely to stock floors with their respective medications. This helped to foster an intimate relationship between bagged ice and my sore calves. But that is not to detract from the positives. My coworkers were easily the best part of the job. They almost always had a positive attitude and were always watching out for one another. The pharmacists and technicians would check to see if workloads were manageable and spirits were high. I could have always used more pay, but I would not have given up my staff.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Compensation

Ask a question about working or interviewing at LAREDO MEDICAL CENTER. Our community is ready to answer.

LAREDO MEDICAL CENTER Reviews by Location