Largo Medical Center Employee Reviews

good place to work
travel nurse (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLFebruary 7, 2019
This was a very busy Emergency Department I worked for while on a travel assignment. I finished my assignment to come home and take care of my husband who was seriously ill at that time. Enjoyed working here. Good staff but always short staffed
Pros
at the beach
Cons
far away from home
My current employer allows growth through their many apprenticeship programs. The company is innovative and maintain patient relationships.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Largo, FLJanuary 23, 2019
My typical day at work is always acknowledging the value of patient and staff alike. Utilizing teamwork to provide effective patient care. Taking advantage of all the nursing education opportunities that offers nursing growth . Every day is rewarding as a nurse to promote a patient's quality of life.
very educational
Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Clearwater, FLJanuary 17, 2019
working for a teaching hospital is always good, very educational. Learned a lot in my time here at this hospital. Got to see and participate in a lot of different types of patient care.
great place to work
Registered Nurse Med/Surg (Current Employee) –  Largo, FLDecember 19, 2018
First understand that ANY Hospital Nursing is always very busy & you will probably always feel overworked & corporate is always trying to save some money somewhere.
Nursing: They try to hire nice people, promote from within, even sending out emails when jobs will be coming available.

All new hires (even experienced nurses) are given AMPLE time to precept and become comfortable, you are not left on your own after 2 weeks like some hospitals.

Management is top notch and easy to talk to.

No place is perfect and there will always be something not nice about working in any hospital, including sometimes some not nice co-workers, but for sure they value their nurses. I've worked at another hospital and I've seen how much worse it can be.
Pros
Friendly atmosphere, ample training & opportunities to learn & grow
Cons
terrible charting system
would be a great place to work after doing my clinicals there.
Student Nurse/Clinical Rotations (Former Employee) –  Largo, FLDecember 18, 2018
I was able to due my clinical rotation at Largo Medical Hospital and learned a lot from fellow nurses who were very willing to teach students like myself. I also was able to get a lot of experience with my skills.
Pros
Fellow nurses willing to teach
Cons
Difficult to get employment when not currently employed at Largo Medical
Largo Medical Center provides both a challenging and rewarding work environment.
Social Work Intern (Former Employee) –  Largo, FL 33774December 14, 2018
Largo Medical Center provides both a challenging and rewarding work environment that enables one to feel like they are making a difference in individuals lives.
Hierarchy Environment
N/A (Former Employee) –  Largo, FLNovember 11, 2018
The environment within largo medical center is one that is built on a platform that exemplifies a hierarchy. Departments are cut-throat competitive and blame is always shifted to those below. Pay is minimal and bonuses are unfairly distributed.
Pros
good food
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Ambulatory SurgeryNovember 9, 2018
long shifts, at time of employment turnover of management. Fast paced with good team work . Good orientation. High standards of care. Nurses were caring and compassionate.
Pros
teamwork
Cons
poor management / lack of growth with in the company
Team Lead/Insurance/pre-cert specialist/Registrar (Former Employee) –  Largo, FLNovember 7, 2018
poor managment
lack of growth
staff turnover
amount of hours per day
no communicationI
I cross trained in multiple departments, however I was only utilized in the department mangars didn't want to work.
I enjoy working with the staff at Largo. We have a great team.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Largo, FLOctober 9, 2018
We have a great team at Largo Medical. I like being able to make my own schedule. I work 3 12hr shifts a week. I feel like they could be paying their cnas more money.
Pros
Great team work.
Cons
need better wages for cnas/techs.
Could be nice place to work
Medical Technologist (Former Employee) –  FloridaSeptember 25, 2018
Could be a nice place to work, if the workplace culture would be peaceful. Unfortunately, coworkers disrespectful behaviors are acceptable by the management. Disrespectful behavior could be considered normal for some individuals; however, it could be harmful to others, especially when it reaches the point of bullying and verbal harassment. Usually, it happened during the evening shift (few workers and no leaders, meaning no witnesses or no one want to be involved).
Pros
good benefits, rotating benches
Cons
poor culture, disrespect in the workplace
great place to work
Surgical Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Largo, FLSeptember 11, 2018
Family atmosphere everyone there is great caring people. For a busy hectic work environment everything seems to flow exceptionally well, all the surgery's start on time and flow smoothly because of the well rounded team.
Okay Job
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Largo, FLSeptember 1, 2018
I did housekeeping while in college. It was an okay job for a college student. Most co-workers were very nice, but I mostly worked by myself. I had weekends off which was pretty good.
Pros
weekends off
Cons
pay
opportunity to grow
Certified Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Largo, FLSeptember 1, 2018
you can learn there. The nurses and Techs are very helpful to a new comer. the call was a lot. you always worked on the weekends. they have a separate floor for ortho
Poor management, not appreciated
ER REGISTRAR (Former Employee) –  Largo, FLAugust 30, 2018
I worked there for almost 4 years and was terminated based on lies from management. They never came to me about the "situation". They lie about things to get rid of employees, saw this many times, and then I fell victim to this as they "cleaned house".

Before this happened, I loved the registration job that I did, it is the only reason I stayed as long as I did.
great place to work temporarily.
Mental Health Technician (Current Employee) –  Largo, FLAugust 7, 2018
i would say my experience at largo medical was great being that it was flexible with my school schedule and the hours for my position consisted of 12 hr shifts which was great to come and do my my job and go home. But... the staffing company they use is horrible! they would change my schedule without my knowledge. staff would manipulate the schedule and talk the supervisors into placing them in someone else's scheduled dept and get so upset about moving employees would then walk out while on the clock AND NEVER GET PENALIZED. Administration is a joke being that they have informed their employees a time or two "they can easily be replaced". and they under staff ALL THE TIME making it a huge safety issue for staff and patients. I wouldn't recommend this company to anyone unless they absolutely needed job to survive.
Pros
hours and flexible work days
Cons
staff, management, and growth
Work/life balance
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Largo, FLJuly 27, 2018
After having my first child i found it increasingly difficult to consider staying employed here as the work/life balance was almost none existent. Not even a full year after having my baby, I had to quit because of the crazy, inconstant scheduling.
Great
Weekend Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Largo, FLJuly 10, 2018
I enjoyed my time at this hospital. Staff is very friendly and helpful. Doctors were good to their patients and listened to nursing concerns. Covered parking was provided.
Pros
Staff
Cons
Hurricane season
Best rated hospital
Clinical Nurse Specialist (Former Employee) –  Largo, FL 33770July 3, 2018
HCA hospital group is one of the best in the country. I began my nursing career there and trained on a Progressive Care Cardiac Stepdown Unit. I learned valuable lessons at HCA that I carried throughout my career, Excellent Cardiac Facility, I became telemetry certified there.
Pros
Bailer Program-Weekend insentives
Cons
pay limited
Workplace Culture
Transport Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Largo, FLJuly 2, 2018
Some of the staff are very kind and appreciate the work you do whereas others will be very self-centered and without a collaborative mentality which is crucial for hospital work. Also be prepared for extreme dichotomies in work pace; it oscillates from really slow to "more than you can handle" quickly throughout the day as well as throughout the work week.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Largo Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.