Largo Medical Center Employee Reviews

Was ok
Dietary Cook (Former Employee) –  Largo, FLMay 5, 2018
I worked here for 3 years. Only thing i didnt like about it was that the kitchen was right accross from the morgue and seemed unsanitary to cook food there and kind of disrespectful.
n/a
Service Line Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Largo, FLMay 2, 2018
I would like not to provide feedback. Largo Medical Centers great for some people but not for others. I have been there for almost 3 years and had an opportunity to grow.
High turnover.
Largo, FL - Telecommunication Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Largo, FLMay 1, 2018
I was promised so many opportunities and was never given any. There was so much turnover and no continuity. I saw so many people come and go. My own Director promised to help me and got rid of my position with no opportunity for another position.
Pros
Some good people
Cons
Eliminates positions, with no remploymemt help, high turnover.
largo medical center
some Medical assistant work (Current Employee) –  Largo, FLApril 3, 2018
i enjoy working at my job best choice i made but looking to work in a field in witch I got my degree witch is business administration i overall love helping people in need cause someone helped me
Pros
fun place to work for staff are great
Cons
could get paid more
Good place to learn
Certified Nursing Technician (Current Employee) –  Largo, FLMarch 30, 2018
As being a male constantly pulled away from given assignments for lifting purposes or for tasks nurses Could Complete themselves. Teamwork depends on the person you are on the unit with. If you have a partner sometimes just you and nurses. Luck of the draw Either way.
Pros
Advancent possibilities
Cons
Alot of work not enough pay for experienced employee
Love lmc!
Director Med-Surg/Tele/Oncology (Current Employee) –  Largo, FLMarch 27, 2018
Love my job at LMC. Really enjoy my coworkers!
We have a family culture at Largo Medical Center. Our mission statement is Our Family Caring for Your Family; Your quality of life our passion!
house keeper
house keeper (Former Employee) –  largo flMarch 10, 2018
Feel that this hospital has nice management. I feel that the pay for the amount of work is not fair. Housekeepers deserve $15 an hour for all the work they are required to do. I heard phlebotomists start out at $13... Healthcare workers deserve pay!!!! Also co workers can be rude speaking Spanish infront of you and nothings understood. Kind of uncomfortable. This is a level entry job but I know retail that pays more.
Pros
Foot in door
Cons
low pay
Working at LMC
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Indian Rocks Beach, FLFebruary 20, 2018
Housekeepers are definitely overworked at LMC. There are not enough housekeepers and too much work to do. Also, we went through directors like crazy. The insurance was not that great but we have everything.
It was very stresfull because the hospital is understuffed
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Largo, FL 33770February 8, 2018
I was supposed to work 11:00am- 7:00 pm end up working to 11:00 pm almost everyday. After 5:00pm it was only 4 people in busy X-ray department. I stayed to help them because they were desperate. I never had brakes in this place.
Pros
Nice coworkers
Cons
No brakes during work, overload. I didnt see my son to much.
It's alright
Externship (Current Employee) –  Largo, FLFebruary 8, 2018
It's an okay place. Lots of different specialties to choose from. And most of the people are welcoming and willing to teach. Even most of the residents are easy to learn from.
Stressful and very fast-paced
Aministrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Largo, FLFebruary 6, 2018
A typical days includes paperwork and answering any questions from the prior work day. Taking calls, doing payroll, managing employees and anything else to do with HR paperwork related duties. The management team in the department is amazing, we work together very well but we are only as good as our employees. Unfortunately the housekeeping department is looked down upon in a lot of ways, and we don't receive a lot of the respect we deserve for how hard we work every day; which i would say this would be the hardest part of the job. I enjoy working hard, and its disappointing that a lot of people don't share the same point of view. All and all i love doing my job and every aspect of it, but I need somewhere fresh and new. Somewhere I can expand my experience and put my skills to a better use.
Pros
Breaks, coworkers on the management side
Cons
Hard to climb the ladder unless you know somebody
Productive and quick-moving scene
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Largo, FLJanuary 23, 2018
At Largo medical I was able to learn more patience because I was wheeling the elderly around back and forth in wheelchairs and they taught me patience to be able to handle any difficult situation or any difficult people.
Low Paying
Med/Surge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Largo, FLJanuary 18, 2018
Pay very low for nurses in comparison to competitors. Very busy and fast paced. Great place to start (for the learning experience) not an ideal place to stay.
Management abusive verbally.
Transplant Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Largo, FLDecember 11, 2017
I was a great contributor with excellent reviews. Things changed when I addressed a safety concern and reported documentation deletions without an audit trail. My intention as a team member was to be part of the solution but instead was forced to resign. I sought guidance in HR which I did not receive. HR increased the level of conflict so resolution was impossible. I loved my job and my patients but was forced to resign. My area was not part of the union.
Healthcare Profession
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Largo, FLDecember 5, 2017
If you enjoy caring for others a hospital setting can be very rewarding. I started out as a CNA and worked my way up the ladder over the past 10 years to Coordinator.
Pros
Co workers
Productive work place with many opportunities to learn and engage in various medical experiences
Registered Medical Assistant / Ekg Tech (Former Employee) –  Largo, FLNovember 28, 2017
Typically 12 hour work days with one 30 min break. Good management style and fun work place, but for EKG position no chance for advancement. Most enjoyable part of the job was being able to be part of a team and genuinely make people feel better. The hardest part of the job was working back to back 12 hour shifts.
Pros
new and interesting experiences.
Cons
12 hour shifts, 30min break, understaffed
Stressful environment and turnover rate is high
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Largo, FLNovember 26, 2017
Largo medical center is a stressful environment and their turnover rate is high. They provide multiple services but lack the space to provide it efficiently. The hospital is small yet they expect so much from their employees at the cost of employee satisfaction.
Great staff, difficult to advance
Clinical Dietitian (Current Employee) –  Largo, FLNovember 20, 2017
Lots of teaching/learning opportunities, however some areas lacking. Great staff. Some benefits to working in FANS dept. Best director. Great team members who are always willing to help.
Registered Nurse on Progressive Care Unit (Current Employee) –  Largo, FLNovember 16, 2017
Most days at work are too stressful and busy to enjoy what you do. Always feels like there is not enough staff, even on fully staffed days. Too many "marginal" responsibilities falls on RN's (unit secretary's work, housekeeping, stocking etc.)
Pros
Mostly nice, hardworking staff
Cons
Very stressful environment
Review
Registered Nurse (RN) (Current Employee) –  largo, floridaNovember 16, 2017
Manager was great. working in this field was rewarding. Fast paced, working environment. Staff were great to work with. Everyone worked as a team. Sad to be leaving them
Pros
People you work with
Cons
Short Staffing

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Largo Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.