Larimer County Employee Reviews

Larimer County
Department Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COFebruary 8, 2019
Five years ago Larimer County DHS was a great place to work. But due to changes in upper management the culture in the office has changed so much. They are all about the numbers now & do not care if the employees are happy or not. Abd they do not want you to ask questions about how they are now running the office. They do not want employees they want drones.
Good benefits, but terrible place to work
Human Service Worker (Former Employee) –  1501 Blue SpruceFebruary 1, 2019
Super high turnover in the Human Resources Department... there is a reason!! Two of the trainers do NOT like to help people. Why they are in that job is beyond me. Not a supportive environment at all. No windows, no help, ignored people that were crying from difficulty. Think twice before applying. Sanity is more important than the benefits.
Cons
Not a supportive environment
Amazing Job
Technology Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COJanuary 7, 2019
I will always have a special place in my heart for Larimer County. I loved the people I worked with, and my managers helped me succeed in a new professional dimension.
Sr. Building Maint. Worker and Journeyman Plumber (Current Employee) –  Fort Collins, CONovember 14, 2018
Good place to work with great people. Benefits are great. Facilities are well kept. The only downside is being on call, the pay needs to be adjusted and on call emergencies are really not emergencies allot of the time.
Pros
Be your own boss
Cons
On call does not pay good.
Work Environment
Child Protection Social Worker (Former Employee) –  COLORADOSeptember 15, 2018
The people were very unfriendly and not welcoming. There were a lot of cliques as if it were high school still. Need more mature professionals working there.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
pay was not good for all the work
Professional place to work
Human Resources and Risk Management Intern (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COAugust 31, 2018
-Mostly cubicle desk work
-good internship experience
-professional culture
-local government work
-county government departments
-friendly and helpful staff
Community programs that stregthen and build upon each other
Intern (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COAugust 11, 2018
Love the community in Fort Collins. Enjoy the positive work environment and atmosphere. Would highly recommend working in Fort Collins to a friend. I enjoy a quick to casual work environment that is both challenging and stimulating. I enjoy the challenge and the ability to learn new things from experience.
Cons
health care
Progressive Government, clear plan
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COAugust 6, 2018
Well, it's government, so this can change, but Larimer County s easily one of the best run counties in Colorado. Progressive, solution oriented, fluid and always striving to make change (and succeeding sometimes)
Pros
Compensation, benefits, work, locations
Cons
some "old" guard, policies and procedures
Commercial Real Estate
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COAugust 3, 2018
I enjoyed working with Brad, the owner of Van Hull Commercial. I learned allot about the commercial selling vs. residential. I ran the office and typed contracts for Brad. It was a very busy job and I enjoyed it and got my real estate license while working for him. He was not looking for anyone else to work in his office as a sales agent so I trained a new person for my job.
stressful place to work due to poor manager
Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COApril 29, 2018
Worked with some great people, though it was a stressful place to work, due to the supervisor's approach to management. I am happy to be leaving Larimer County
Seasonal work
Seasonal Worker I (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COApril 23, 2018
Enjoyed working for bosses and work for the summer. Good place to work. Not a lot of chances to get on as a full time employee. Would work for them again.
Work was ok, but pay was not efficient
Product Tech- Colorado Interlock (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COApril 3, 2018
My everyday work was kinda of stressful dealing with DUI drivers. They seemed to be made at me a lot of the time but I was just a middle man, installing and servicing. But i like helping people so it came easy.
Pros
work started at 10 am
Cons
Id have to work at 6 different locations and get paid the same wage for driving across state.
Relaxed Fast Paced Environment
Income Maintenance Technician II (Former Employee) –  FTC COMarch 14, 2018
Providing eligible benefits to families in need was both an experience to remember and a fulfilling emloyment. While a busy environment employees were treated as individuals and with respect both by their co-workers and management alike.
Pros
Environment, Benefits, Culture
Cons
Advancement
stressful
Clerk and Recorder (Former Employee) –  Loveland, COJanuary 27, 2018
100% customer service, lot of data entry, management is difficult. I liked working with the public, helping people. The hardest part of the job is the knowing the statues of the state.
Pros
good benifits
Cons
management
Great fit for right person
Application Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fort Collins, COJanuary 22, 2018
- Good pay and benefits.

- Very secure job.

- Great work/life balance

- Culture & day to day highly depends on which department you work for.

- Little room for advancement.
Great Place to work
Maintenance Worker (Current Employee) –  Fort Collins, CODecember 29, 2017
This is a very great place to work, as long as you have a good manager. Seasonal positions do not get holidays paid, comp time, benefits or vacation time.
Dedicated staff
DEPARTMENT SPECIALIST II (Current Employee) –  Fort Collins, CONovember 29, 2017
All eleven staff members are very dedicated to the seniors in Larimer County. They provide 100%+ effort on getting needed information and services to any and all people 60 and over in Larimer County.
Pros
Talented Staff
Cons
Government
High School Management
Human Services Income Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COOctober 27, 2017
Larimer County DHS does not care about clients at all. They are more concerned with gossip and lies. Everyone that works here is unhappy with their work and management. They don't even pay enough for their own workers to get off benefits. Terrible place to work.
Pros
breaks and lunches
Cons
terrible pay, no support, management is all about gossip
Fast-paced, challenging positions
Income Maintenance Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Collins, COSeptember 11, 2017
The world of public assistance includes ever-changing policies from a federal level to a state level. Analytical thinking is a must. Being able to work with change at various levels is important.
Pros
It's Larimer County
Cons
Lack of family-friendly work policies.
Great Tax Assessor's Office
Assessment Specialist, Assessor's Office (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COJuly 7, 2017
Great team of people serving the community, county and state. Good opportunity to use my communication and people skills. I supported a team of appraisers by drawing buildings with computer aided design, updating property information and prepared property packets.
Pros
Great team of folks!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Larimer County. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.5InHerSight Score

2.2Personal Development

2.8Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight