LARKEN ASSOCIATES
Happiness rating is 52 out of 100

Working at LARKEN ASSOCIATES: 36 Reviews

United States36 reviews

Good overall

Flexible, stable, and laid back management. Respectful, overall not a bad place to workculture is good, management could be more informative on benefits and position requirements

Pros

laid back management

Cons

structure, cost of living

Ok as a starter

PTO and health benefits are average. No support from upper management. I never saw regional manager and they were never any help. Did have company events which were fun. Never any raises.

LARKEN ASSOCIATES insights

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager
  • Trust in colleagues

A complete joke! Future employees beware!

Don’t waste your time with these people! The lack of proper planning, suitable training, professionalism, common sense, respect, honesty and common courtesy is by far the worst I’ve ever seen in my entire life.

Pros

Absolutely none! They do however paint a pretty picture for you.

Cons

Snakes

Upper management the issue

If your not a favorite of the director you have no job security. You can go above and beyond and there is no gratitude. You have an issue you bring to upper management, they gossip about it. Pay is ok, pto is standard. Health insurance could be better.

Not what it seems..if you need money for a while do it..there is no future in it...

Most of the "5"reviews were written by new employees as asked to by management and they later became 1 or 2.The work is interesting but there is no job security unless you are one of the top 5.

Pros

Pay every week

Cons

Poor communication, favorites, job insecurity

Larken Associates is the best company I've ever worked for!

Larken has exceeded my expectations as an employer. Although they are a fairly new company, hard work and a constant progressive attitude are a few of the many things I enjoy about working for this company. There is never a day I don't have someone knowledgeable to turn to in times of uncertainty. They are not afraid to go above and beyond for employees and tenants alike! I have read the other reviews and can't imagine them being true with the wonderful staff we have now. The benefits are great and they treat your employment as EVERY company should; with consideration, understanding and respect. We are all here to make a living and then enjoy our time outside of work... Larken makes that easy as ever! This is wonderful company to work for and there is (seriously) ALWAYS opportunity for growth!

Pass this by

There are a lot of issues with this place hopefully they will figure this out and make changes and improve in the future There are good things about them too

Worst Employment Experience

Having worked over 40 years, this place is the absolute worst I've ever been at. I had to rate it one star since there isn't an option for no stars. The Regional Supervisor was unpleasant, cold and very unprofessional - no warm greeting or receptiveness - always seemed bothered rather than attentive or supportive. Was provided with a company vehicle that looked like it should have been scrapped a long time ago - no power steering fluid, re-treaded tires that went flat and a failing battery that was refused to be replaced. They're all about doing things as cheaply as possible, Regional Supervisor is on a power trip and doesn't hesitate to show it. Avoid this place at all costs.

Overall a good place to work

I am going on my 16th year with Larken Associates, as with any job you have good and bad days, my experience with Larken has been good. I enjoy the work I'm doing, the location where I work and the people I work with.The company has grown considerably since I started, and continues to grow. I appreciate the fact that I have not been laid off for even a day in sixteen years, even though the company has seen some tough times.

Pros

Good working environment, Benefits, Bonuses, Company sponsored events

Cons

Healthcare options and cost could be better, Job necessitates being on call

Very Poor Management

RUN!! Not a good place to work. They do not value their employees and the Regional manager has poor employee skills and a very foul mouth. Very unfair with the pay. They don’t give yearly raises so your stuck with what you start at. No room for advancement. I left out of sheer frustration a year ago and was quickly promoted to Senior Regional Manager at my new company. They make Bad decisions. Promoted the worst employee in the Bethlehem division to a made up position just to stop her from complaining. It didn’t work needless to say. I would recommend saving yourself the frustration of a poorly managed company. Medical Benefits are terrible unless you live in Branchburg NJ. PA employees have horrible medical coverage with high premiums and deductibles. You have to travel to NJ to see the doctors or have hospital procedures in that network to get the better coverage. No thanks. They don’t tell you that when you are interviewing. And finally, they Cater to the clicky Branchburg home office people.

Pros

Holiday party if you drive hour and half to NJ but again very clicky

Cons

Healthcare, poor upper management, low pay

Not the best Not the worst definitely room for improvement .

There is definitely room for improvement. You can go above and beyond with little acknowledgement or appreciation. They are really good at firing people AKA....The Firing Squad!

Pros

I have some great co-workers which help make the situation easier.

Cons

Not enough appreciation for a tough job.

Terrible place to work.

Underpaid, overworked, under appreciated. Management are liars, treat their workers like trash and try to take money from your paychecks hoping you won't notice. If I could rate it negative stars, I would.

Cons

Stabile work whit fool benefit

Easy job 7-3:30 fool benefit, The company keep people busy all year long .. The difficulty is deal whit Miserable people who trial to make u down time after time or made u miserable also ! Few workers love flowing others exchange for easy days .. They can do long coffee breaks or cigaret or just chatting whit tenants or subcontractors .. Sometimes they can cherry pick what they wanna do and U need to do what is a left over !

Pros

Company do two party per year what is nice !

Cons

Few unskilled workers whit position

Terrible place to work

No leadership in management, favoritism, retaliation, harassment, discrimination, hostile work environment. Senior management will not address these in-law facts.

Pros

Cons

Everything is terrible there

Save yourself the stress and frustration

They expect the most, but want to pay you the least. I worked a full time schedule responsible for maintaining 36 industrial warehouse buildings, was given no benefits and was paid less than you could make working as a cashier at Quick Check. I could go into full detail of the job but this review would be 20 pages long - just save yourself the trouble.

Don’t work here

Upper management is terrible Pay raises NEVER happened Employees are not skilled and they do not train Management socializes with employees creating a “clicky” environment

No thanks

Run away. The PM BG took credit for others initiatives and pointed blame at same with out internal voice within company for his own mistakes. To bad the primaries missed his incompetence.

Ok company . Management is bad! To much gossip and no advance

This company is ok! The management is bad! Not organized. You never know what your doing. I can only speak for the branchburg branch.. theres a lot of preference among employees and supervisor. If you work at the park in Hillsborough I feel bad for you.

Stay Away

There is no training; poor upper management leadership; owners work to improve moral and lower positions knock it down. Always worried about someone taking your job so no one wants to train you in anything. Negotiate your salary GREAT from the beginning since they do NOT give out raises every year and you need to beg for them. At one time this was a good company but the management has ruined it. People in non-management positions are trying to control the company. They do have nice Thanksgiving festivities. Sadly the cubicle decorating turned into an ugly competition. Finally the staff fraternizing with the management has proven to be horrible for the company but yet there is no recourse. I hope for the sake of the company it turns around otherwise all that the owners have worked for will be destroyed.

Pros

Bagels on Thursday, hours

Cons

healthcare, management, salary

high turn around in apartments

It's a good place to work , Don't really value their employees at times. Management seems to have no clue on what goes on at each complex. Too many chiefs.

Pros

good place to work

Cons

needs restructuring in the management areas.

Great Place to work

I loved working here. The commute was killing me. They are pretty good to their employees. They don’t have many holidays and you don’t get paid holidays until you have been there for 90 days.

Common questions about LARKEN ASSOCIATES

Answered by current and former employees at LARKEN ASSOCIATES

Ask a question about working or interviewing at LARKEN ASSOCIATES. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.6 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits