Larry North Fitness Employee Reviews

Not a place to move up.
Assistant Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXAugust 2, 2018
If you're looking for an easy job where you won't have any real responsibility or gain any skills, this is the job for you. Management is just friends of Larry North, not actual leaders.
Pros
I like to wear black.
Cons
Low pay, no chance to advance, not a career choice.
Low salary
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXOctober 16, 2017
Stocking towels, checking in members, answering phone. The pay isn’t worth it, all they care about is making money...........no benefits. This place is not worth your time
Pros
Free gym
Cons
Low salary, no benefits
Positive company atmosphere
Marketing/Sales Intern (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 14, 2015
Larry North Fitness is a luxury health and fitness club. Working with educated managers and fitness directors helps me learn and better my ability to make sales. Larry North is a small company so generating business is crucial, this is where marketing to the Dallas area becomes important and is one of the most enjoyable parts of the job. Friendly company environment and continuous positivity is what keeps our members happy.
N/a
Receptionist/Secretary (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 22, 2015
The management is fun and uplifting. Unfortunately, because of it being a small business, employees should watch the steps they take since they could be fired at any moment without warning. The company hires all around good people. It is a fun environment as long as boundaries are not crossed.
Pros
Good place to work for students
Cons
Small businesses do not operate as well as corporate businesses do
Respected gym with great reputation, great people, positive atmosphere
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJanuary 27, 2015
A typical day at work involved answering phones, folding towels, keeping the gym clean and interacting with members in a positive and friendly atmosphere.

A professional environment, but upbeat and energetic.

Management was agreeable most of the time, occasionally interactions could be tricky.

Co-workers were all great people hard working and fun to be around.

The hardest part of the job was the monotony.

For the most part I enjoyed almost all aspects of the job but especially interacting with the members at the gym.
Pros
Fast Moving, Lots of public interaction, positive upbeat working environment
Cons
Not really
Great Boutique Gym and Loyal Members
Receptionist/Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 14, 2013
Great gym for those serious about health and fitness. Very small and exclusive but highly regarded for their training staff. I learned a lot about what it takes to be a successful personal trainer. Everyone was very nice and accommodating and I would have stayed had there been more clients for me to train.
Pros
fun, family oriented environment
Cons
lots of trainers so opportunity was limited
Fun place to work
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee) –  fort worth txApril 28, 2012
I enjoyed greeting the members each day that I worked. I answered the phones, and took detailed messages. I logged all daily sales. I also did laundry. I worked with a great team of people.
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
not enough hours