Larsen Manufacturing Employee Reviews

Management is very poorly educated
Engineering Manager (Former Employee) –  Mundelein, ILAugust 26, 2019
This is a good old boys network with ego's so large that it is surprising the GM and President can get the heads through the entrance door. Very disorganized and customers pickup on the irony that that the employees work in a sweat shop and the President surrounds himself with purchased awards. The GM is just as bad. Oh well thank goodness for daddy who started the business.....
n/a
Machine Operator, Die Setup (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJuly 17, 2019
Operated 100 - 600 ton die presses , comparing first pieces to master and blueprint, coordinating with qc & tool maker when major defects arise and cleaning dies for minor defects, feeding new roll of material when material runs out and change outs, and changing out dies when switching to new product
lots of overtime and teaching
Production Supervisor/2nd Shift (Current Employee) –  Mundelein, ILMarch 26, 2019
great place to work all the ot you could want, you can learn alot there. good benifits good pay. good management. workers are friendly and will help whenever needed
Pros
learning
Cons
alot of hours if you have a family life
Excellent place to work
Process Engineer (Former Employee) –  Mundelein, ILFebruary 28, 2019
Good vision and plans for growth. Very comfortable work environment. Great open door policy. Monthly progress meetings give good picture of progress to vision.
I love working here!!!!!
Sales Intern (Current Employee) –  Mundelein, ILJune 26, 2018
Everyone in the Larsen office is passionate about their jobs. They are all very helpful and very welcoming to new workers. I have never encountered anything bad here and would recommend working here. The business is family owned and is true to its roots. This business is growing and is moving into the right direction!
July 11, 2018

Thank you for your positive feedback! Thank you for being part of Larsen Manufacturing!

Relaxed and Fun workplace.
Assistant (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXMay 8, 2018
Working at Larsen has been a learning experience since day one, there is something new to work on everyday apart from the usual daily tasks. I have had the freedom and trust from my manager to work independently when needed. The hardest but most rewarding part of the job is getting out of my comfort zone, which at the end lets me learn more about what I am capable of doing. The workplace is fast paced, relaxed and fun at times.
June 19, 2018

Thank you for your positive feedback! We are constantly looking for ways to improve as an organization, and will take your comments into consideration for future initiatives. We are happy to have a team of hard working and passionate individuals like yourself. Thank you for being part of Larsen Manufacturing!

Excellent place to grow
Training Coordinator (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXMay 8, 2018
Working at Larsen is a rewarding experience. A typical day consist of a quick pace environment. I have learned the flow of the organization, as well as the metal stamping industry.

Management team is great, a lot of experience and they work together to provide a comfortable environment for the employees. The culture is one of happiness in the work place, and employees are motivated to grow within the organization.

The hardest part of the job is staying on schedule. The most enjoyable part of the job is working in a office environment, where smiles and laughter are a daily routine.
Pros
Fulltime, Benefits, Opportunity for Advancement.
Cons
None.
June 19, 2018

Thank you for your positive feedback! We are glad that Larsen Manufacturing is a place that you feel encouraged and motivated. It is because of our dynamic team including yourself that we are successful. Thank you for your hard work!

Great group of people working there from laser to turret to assembly and break press machines.
Q.A. Inspector (Former Employee) –  Mundelein, ILMarch 26, 2018
Overall not a great experience there, i will say, working there will teach you a lot about inspecting parts. So if you know a little bit and want to learn more, this is the place to really get inspection experience. There really isn’t any advancement opportunities at Larsen. If i could, i would rate quality management no stars, poor leadership but great quality engineers there.
Pros
Fun environment, great people
Cons
Unorganized, poor leadership from top. No sense of urgency or direction. No real advancement, they lie when told there is. They take advantage of people especially when i first started
June 19, 2018

Thank you for your feedback, we do appreciate you taking the time to review our company. We are constantly looking for new areas to improve and will take your comments into consideration. Thank you for your time at Larsen Manufacturing and for all of your hard work.

Horrible place to work
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Mundelein, ILFebruary 17, 2018
If you do not know how to speak Spanish it is the worst job ever and would not recommend. They talk about you behind your back. They treat you like a kid when you are actually 20 yrs older than them.
June 19, 2018

Thank you for your feedback, we do appreciate you taking the time to review Larsen. We are disappointed that you feel this way, as this opinion is not representative of the culture of teamwork and passion that we stand for. We wish you all the best in the future.

Decent place to work
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mundelein, ILJanuary 30, 2018
Horrible management. They don't know how to train and expect you to finish things fast even if it's only your first day. I definitely do not recommend.
Pros
No working on weekends. Early hours. Decent pay
Cons
Management and training
June 19, 2018

Thank you for your feedback, we do appreciate you taking the time to review our company. We are disappointed that you feel this way. We are always looking to improve and will take your comments into consideration. We wish you all the best in the future.

Great place to work and the starting pay is wonderful this place is very good to work for if you're looking for long hours as well.
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Mundelein, ILJanuary 15, 2018
Did like working there friendly environment, fast paced work fair leniency in work mistakes would recommend anyone who has experience working in metal stamping or driving.
Pros
Good pay, can work additional hours.
Cons
No vision insurance.
June 19, 2018

Thank you for your positive feedback! It is because of our incredible team that we are able to be successful. Thank you for your time on the Larsen Manufacturing team and for all of your hard work!

Working hard and a fast-paced environment
Packer (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXNovember 28, 2017
Learned how to work fast and checking the product as I pack them. Making sure the product isn't scratch or anything that doesn't look right. Worked with the machines was trained to be an operator as well.
June 19, 2018

Thank you for your review of Larsen Manufacturing, we are happy that you felt fulfilled in your time with us. Thank you for your time on the Larsen Manufacturing team and for all of your hard work!

Nothing to say
Janitorial Worker (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXAugust 29, 2017
Nothing to say. It might be a fine place to work for other people. I am looking for a job in a more respectable work environment where I feel safe and have a future.
June 19, 2018

Thank you for your feedback, we do appreciate you taking the time to review Larsen. We are disappointed that you feel this way. We are always looking to improve and will take your comments into consideration. We wish you all the best in the future.

Entry Level Job
Production Operator (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXApril 19, 2017
Great job for entry level and door way to better opportunities in larger corporations help develop skills for warehouse and team environments. Would highly recommend this type of job to anyone going to school and willing to use this as a stepping stone for a better future.
June 19, 2018

Thank you for your positive feedback and recommending us as an employer, we do appreciate it. Thank you for all of your hard work!

Good mediocre job
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Mundelein, ILJanuary 2, 2017
Busy, office environment can be fun but management does not care much for any of their employees. Work ethics are poor. Moral is poor. Many double standards.
June 19, 2018

Thank you for your feedback, we do appreciate you taking the time to review Larsen. We are constantly looking for new areas to improve and will take your comments into consideration. Thank you for your time at Larsen Manufacturing and for all of your hard work.

Family owned
Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  Mundelein, ILJune 30, 2016
Family owned company great place to work for plenty of hours with overtime nice insurance package average wages
Pros
Family owned
Cons
N/a
June 19, 2018

Thank you for your positive feedback! Thank you for your time on the Larsen Manufacturing team and for all of your hard work!

Fun Always looking forword to see what to do
Press Operator, Quality Control (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXMarch 14, 2016
Typical day of work repetitive fast work
I learned a lot about sheet metals and presses/dies
Management awesome personality's
Co-Workers funny great hard workers in general
Hardest part of the day there is not really a hard part of my day I just make a good rhythm an keep it all day
Most enjoyable part of my day is working side by side with my Co-Workers
Pros
Great Bosses Great Co-Workers
Cons
Healthcare
June 19, 2018

Thank you for your positive feedback and for providing specific examples of what makes working for Larsen Manufacturing an enjoyable experience for you. We are happy to have a team of hard working and passionate individuals like yourself.

Good Place to work
Fabrication BU Director (Current Employee) –  Mundelein, IL.January 22, 2015
Medium Sized Family Business. Good company to work for. A lot of good people working there.
June 19, 2018

Thank you for your positive feedback! We are happy to have a team of hard working and passionate individuals like yourself. Thank you for your hard work!

Management has no clue.
Engineering (Former Employee) –  Mundelein, ILAugust 4, 2013
A typical day is putting out fires created by poor planning, Do anything to get a new order and work out the details after you get the order. I learned that politics plays a higher role than actually doing your job. The hardest part of the job is putting up with people pointing fingers. The most enjoyable part of the job was quitting time.
Pros
Many good people, nice equipment.
Cons
Top management don't know what is going on at the manufacturing level.
June 19, 2018

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Larsen Manufacturing. Our community is ready to answer.

Larsen Manufacturing Reviews by Location