Las Palmas Medical Center - El Paso Employee Reviews

Worst employment place
PT (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXOctober 15, 2018
Middle management was a nightmare and looked the other way when blatantly wrong things were occurring on a daily basis. Therapists are unethical and always on their phones. The hospital does not care about you, its all a numbers game as like any for profit hospital. Terrible work environment created by middle management.
Pros
Good working hours
Cons
Terrible middle management.
fun place to work at
ER Technician (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXAugust 1, 2018
it was great place to work at co workers were great and working with ER doctors was a blast. working with the fire department was fun as well when they would bring in patients
Pros
great benefits
Cons
I worked from 530am to 130pm with out break then haf half hour lunch, then half hour clean up.
Cook (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJune 16, 2018
While I worked 8+ hours with out break other cooks took two 15 min breaks and 46 min lunch. Same cooks who took 4 hours to do 2 hours worth of prep. Managers took a breakfast break and lunch break while I was only person in kitchen working.
Pros
Benifits.
Cons
Favouritism
Fast-paced, understaffed, poor access to and quality of supplies
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  El PasoMarch 11, 2018
I did not enjoy my work experience at this hospital. No assistants, poor leadership, dangerous for patients. Would not work for the again. Be cautious.
Run the other way
Social Worker (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXFebruary 1, 2018
Case Manager supervisor will make your life miserable and back. She will never be satisfied no matter how hard you work. She will bully you and harrass you like crazy. Every day you will feel like walking on eggshells. Horrible work environment, I think I even have PTSD from working there.
Pros
Cons
Mean, bitter horrible supervisor
Fast paced, always something going on
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJuly 25, 2017
Direct Management is bittwersweet, a lot of superiority conplexes. Lower raking employees made to feel insignificant & disposable at times. (ie housekeeping, maintenance, cnas) Understaffed and hospital stays packed with admissions. Great for overtime. Coworkers are amazing and help each other out a lot, so good place to see and learn about a lot of medical procedures and diagnosis. A lot of flirting between doctors and nurses so sometimes people get catty with each other.
Pros
Employee engagement activities, overtime
Cons
Short breaks
Short staffed
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXMay 30, 2017
Wide patient load and not enough staff. Lots of overtime or not enough days in the week to make 40 hours. Point system for tardiness and call-ins but not excused with doctors note.
Good hospital to work for for the most part.
Pediatric Nurse (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXNovember 20, 2016
I enjoyed patient interaction and skills I got to learn. It was difficult to work such long hours since would work up to 15hrs per day most of time since shortage of nurses and CNAs was always an issue.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
Shortage of nurses, low yearly merit increase, 12 or longer hr. Shifts
Orientation HORRIBLE
Case Management (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXSeptember 14, 2016
Case Manager Supervisor a BULLY, Reason for high turn over! Training period totally backwards and expect too much with such little time and minimal tools.
Pros
Cons
No time for lunch, breaks, supervisor
Er rn
Nurse (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXMarch 12, 2016
Nice place to work if you enjoy being overworked, underpaid and understaffed. Electronics are in very poor condition. Lack of team work.
Pros
Younger crowd
Cons
Pay, unit setup
Las Palmas ER Nursing Life
Las Palmas Emergency Department Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXJanuary 3, 2016
I love going to work! Everyday is something different and I love the team I work with. It's a great place to work and the only reason I am leaving is to move to another city.
Pros
Great teamwork
Awesome place to work at
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXOctober 13, 2015
I love working here! Unfortunately I will be moving out of city soon so I will have to say good bye. Working night shift was great! The staff is always friendly, caring, and understanding. From my first day of work to my last I was well respected and appreciated, I really felt as if I was apart of a huge caring family.
Terrible, Backwards
RN (Current Employee) –  N. Oregon StreetJune 10, 2015
-The place was usually CRAZY busy, patient loads of 1:5-1:6 and most times no Tech
-Some charge nurses never wanted to be fair and take patients
-Working out of scope of practice
-Some employees were not so helpful
-Basically no training
-Back stabbing when staff realize you will not be a push over
-Homogenous (Mexican environment)
-Twilight zone
Pros
one can ask for help
Cons
No diversity, not enough help, not enough training, people working out of scope of practice, Caddy

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Las Palmas Medical Center - El Paso. Our community is ready to answer.

2.4