Las Palmas

Working at Las Palmas: 37 Reviews

United States37 reviews

peoplemanagementworkenjoygreatworkingdayjob

Somewhat Fast paced workplace

Management was terrible. Duties of the host were taking on the phone orders inputting them in the computer and sometimes you have to prepare food for your to go ordered.

Pay is good, ownership and management is terrible

Toxic work environment, highest turnover rate for servers I’ve ever seen, people would work for 2 weeks and never come back to work because it was so bad. Training to be a server takes 2 weeks way too long for how simple the menu and drinks are. The management team has their heads so far up the owners butts that the servers and other workers suffer because of it. The favoritism is strong as well, new rules made up out of the blue that only the ones who aren’t favored are penalized for. Don’t even get me started on the double shifts they force you to work and don’t even respect your availability. I could go on but overall -0/10 wouldn’t recommend working.

Pros

Breaks and a free meal when working double shifts.

Cons

No benefits, long hours, worked to death.

Las Palmas insights

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Energizing work tasks
  • Ability to learn new things

Great hospital

It was a great place to work with a diverse environment. The patients are friendly. Attentive management. I worked here as a traveler for 13 weeks on med surg and it was great

It was all the way in Fresno and it was unprofessional

They would make me feel less evacuase they would constantly tell me I’m self contracted not from company , they wouldn’t promote me to company because they dident want to “waste “ any more money , there was also favoritism because there was family members working together and would always cover up for each other , no sick days , no over time , no benefits,

Pros

Cons

No overtime, no benefits, no professionalism

you need a lot of time.

you need to be mentally and physically prepared. This job you work every day from 2-10pm. Your lucky if you get a day off. Its a bit tiring but then you'll get use to the hours. Its a pretty easy job!

Family oriented work place

Has been a while since I have worked there but was happy while there. Close to home. Property manager was very helpful and knowledgeable of what the company had to offer. Pool, laundry room and community center available.

Family orientated business

What I enjoyed most about working in Las Palmas is seeing how many of our customers would become regulars. Seeing their faces often, how they enjoyed the food and atmosphere of the restaurant. I learned how to use the software Toast, which is the backbone of the restaurant. It is use to customize the menu, check sales, revenue of the day or per employee, as well as help maintain our staff in a productive schedule.

Enjoyed my time there

I enjoyed my time there. I met a-lot of great customers, that became regulars. I was able to work there while finishing highschool. I made some great friends there.

good area of town

Good menu. not innovative. typical mexican restaurant. dont let em fool ya, they can speak english, but would rather not. free chips and salsa cant go wrong.

Good restaurant

It was a family restaurant they were joined. The good people manager and the waiters also the customers. We give a good service. very good chefs too

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Las Palmas?

Highly Recommend

It's a very hispanic cultured restaurant, but everyone treats another as if they're family. It's fast paced and can become chaotic at times. I would either serve or host. Serving required a lot of your attention, and ensuring the customers happy departure was important. Having everything done in a timely manner is also vital. Management is awesome. If you are learning or falling behind, management jumps in and is ready to help. Coworkers are patient and supportive. Overall, it something I highly suggest for driven individuals.

Cleaning tables

It's fast you have to stay on ur feet all day but its fun at the end of the day , you get great tips and the people you work with are fun , you eat free if u work morning shift

Fun working environment

I enjoyed working with the staff, and management, but no benefits were available. Learned a little Spanish along the way from coworkers. Owners, managers, and staff treats you like part of the family.

Pros

Discounted meals

Cons

Couldn't take smoke breaks

Fun place to work

I really enjoy working at las Palmas, I meet new people that will become long time friends. I liked meeting new customers and welcoming them. They enjoy the food and time there.

muy buen ambiente de trabajo, puntuales en pago, solo medio turno. Asistencia en equipo para las eventualidades presentadas,

muy buen ambiente de trabajo, pagos puntuales, medio turno, excelente equipo de trabajo

Laid back atmosphere

Met some really nice people and made a lot of friends with the residents working as a security guard. Management is somewhat lacking in backing its employees when the need arises otherwise management is ok.

Pros

Good hours

Cons

No health care provides, no lunch breaks during a 8 hour shift.

The Board was horrible

I worked here for seven months. The board kept giving me raises, yet they kept adding way too much things to do to my daily duties. People can't believe what I did there by myself.

Pros

Great benefits

Cons

Board

Company has a lot of potential, but no clear leadership

Owners don't care about management and how the employees feel. Management has no communication with employees. While the work environment is mostly positive, management offers no incentives.

Pros

Flexible schedules

Cons

No incentives beside horrible discounts, poor management

Unfortunate Management

Diverse and authentic Cuban restaurant with wonderful food, however the aggressive management allows for quick escalation in tempers and quality of service drops comparatively.

Fun workplace with great coworkers bad management

stressful at time with very little help, servers and employees treated poorly, not fair, poorly ran. I did enjoy it enough to stay 2 years just because my coworkers became my best friends and I loved the regulars but the cons began to outweigh the pros

Pros

good coworkers, food discount, nice customers

Cons

management, hours, stress

Busy place have to be quick

Its a fun place to work . But also very busy. Especially sundays. Sometimes you cant even find the time to sit down and eat cuz its just so busy. Overall ypu have to be quick and efficent

Pros

Discounts

Cons

Shifts of 10 or more hrs

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Las Palmas. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Las Palmas reviews by popular job title

• Las Palmas
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?