Las Vegas Pain Institute and Medical Center Employee Reviews

2.8
Ratings breakdown
Run from this place!
Office Worker (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 2, 2018
The owner/medical director is a dictator! He berated staff in front of patients and other coworkers. This place will eventually have to close its doors due to poor management, unethical practices, and lawsuits. DO NOT work here!
Pros
Done
Cons
Scam place
I'm very comfortable with my job and coworkers
Diagnostic Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 3, 2018
I've been at LVPI for 3 years now. I love it but like anywhere, contentment is a state of mind. No place is perfect so I choose to focus on the many positives. I love my coworkers and the proximity to my home, I love my job and I like and respect our owner. I plan on staying for a long while.
Pros
job security, allowed to work independently, friendly atmosphere, professional coworkers
Cons
pay and benefits are on the low end of the scale
Fair Warning from Former Employee
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 28, 2017
This company is going downhill. Working here I felt that I was just a slave to them. They do not care about their employees and work us to the brim. It became a constant put down when no one appreciated the work a location did. There were no employee of the month times, or free lunches, or venues to show appreciation. The appreciation locations received were from patients' survey forms. I doubt the company actually read those, but employees did and most were very positive of the physicians, nurses, techs, and front desk staff. No one voiced our employee concerns..no one cared about us. The only thing that is keeping us together is each other. The coworkers/friends have an unbreakable bond as we work together and suffer together. This is a warning to those who need a job...know that if you're going to work here, they expect you to work HARD. No excuses even though you're new, and be nice to the veterans there. They will help you survive.
Pros
Great team of coworkers
Cons
Short staffed, Treated poorly, Hardly any PTO, No overtime pay (yet work overtime), Not guaranteed hours (if census low), Low hourly pay, Expensive benefits, Company unfair to employees
Stressful
MA (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 28, 2017
You had to have thick skin to work there. The medical director yells at his managers and staff even in front of patients. But the employees are amazing and team players. The pay was horrible for what you are required to do daily.
Good teamwork.
Nurse Practitioner, Primary and Urgent Care (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NV 89149January 8, 2017
Job location is very accessible to me and my family. My co-workers are helpful and I considered it the most enjoyable part of my job. I also learned a lot from my superiors.
Productive Work Place
Benefits Specialist (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 22, 2016
Days consist of verifying insurance and submitting authorization for medical procedures. I have learned how to Triage patients, check patients in and out. Schedule appointments, answer phones, interact with patients. My co Workers are nice. Hardest part of the job is everyone is treated based upon how they look. They don't look at how well you do your job. The most enjoyable part about the job is the patients.
Pros
guaranteed your hourly pay
Cons
healthcare, no overtime, no paid holidays
It starts from the top.
Management (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 15, 2016
Low pay is not worth it. They require many employees to work salary 6days a week. The most unfriendly co-workers I've ever met, Long term employees fired for going to the bathroom or questioning company policy. Management is a revolving door and the long term management is ruled by dictatorship.
Pros
5+ locations to be miserable
Cons
Low pay, negative dead end
Flexible with my schedule
Medical billing specialist (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 12, 2015
Although the compensation is probably among the lowest in the industry, the management has been very flexible with my schedule. The Owner and Medical Director is my friend, and he trusted me enough that I would learn quickly, when he gave me this job during the recession ---- and for which I am very grateful.
Pros
Flexibility with schedules
Cons
Very low compensation
Productive office setting job
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 22, 2015
checking in and out patients. triaging and taking vitals for doctor. job does require some heavy office work such as filing, faxing, and bookkeeping
Pros
free lunches and great coworkers
Cons
no opportunities for advancement
great colleagues, freindly and helpful staff
nurse practitioner (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 5, 2014
Enjoyed my time at this organization.
Left only because of sudden change in family circumstances.