Las Vegas Sands Corp. Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Great benefit but horrible management
Table Games Dealer (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 21, 2018
I work for sands corporation for over ten years, they have great health benefit and decent meal program for the employee, however management is another story. Most managers I work with are uneducated, over paid, arrogant, pretentious, sanctimonious and very corrupt. Favoritism is rampant, advancement is nil unless you are brown noser in management circle. Remember this is the company where low level hourly service employee shot two executive managers and kill one. Many employees are marginalized unless you are managers.
Pros
Great benefit
Cons
Poor management
Great company
E-4/MAINTENANCE ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 17, 2018
At times, very high paced, fast action scenarios, with multi tasking problem solving situations. Enjoyed comradery, Hands on experience. troubleshooting with fix resolutions.
Pros
free meals and beverages
Cons
wearing (FR) fire rated full sleeve uniforms in 115 degree heat.
A great company to work for....sad that I had to leave. Darn heat
Sweeper Driver (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 13, 2018
A great company to work for....sad that I had to leave. Darn heat. Otherwise I would have gladly stayed on for as long as needed or a dozen or more years at least. Loved Vegas, loved the job, and even loved the "night shift".
Pros
Management, autonomy, equipment
Cons
none...maybe vegas heat....lol
Faced paced and demanding
Sr Global IT Compliance Manager (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 17, 2018
Corporate demands late hours and a demanding culture of perfection.

In an attempt to be a lean organization, the workload can be overwhelming if you're not a total expert in your field.
Exciting place to work
PROJECT MANAGER - INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 10, 2018
Experience was great for career development.Collaboration between IT department and business. Company had great reputation and many repeat clients. Team members always willing to assist.
Pros
2 Free meals per day, onsite fitness center, benefits
Cons
Change in Management
Miy buena
Del taco (Former Employee) –  Vegas, NVMarch 19, 2018
Ecpetacular atención y el ambiente de trabajo muy buenos resultados
Pros
No seguro mefoco
Cons
Y si hay tiempo para un cafe
Laid back work place
Poker Dealer, Supervisor, Tournament Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 12, 2018
pretty relaxing workplace as a dealer. decent tips, easy to get EO, management is generally nice and understanding; also flexible. hard to get full time status (most dealers start off as on-call).
Internship
Cyber Security Analyst Intern (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 1, 2018
Great place to intern. Pay is really good for all positions including entry level. Benefits are free meaning the company covers the premium costs. Las Vegas traffic can be a hassle getting to work everyday.
Pros
Free meals in the employee cafeteria's
Cons
Las Vegas traffic
A Great Experience
Beverage Director (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 22, 2018
While sometimes stressful, definitely a great place to work. Great sense of family and community. The benefits are outstanding. Career advancement is there for the taking so long as you put in the work.
HR blows
Table Games Dealer (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PADecember 6, 2017
I found the management generally ignorant. The operation is so large and unwieldy that the book is the book. "Here is the book and it says this, see ya."
Pros
Good free food for employees. The other dealers were in general friendly.
Cons
VERY cliquey

Want to know more about Las Vegas Sands Corp.?

Ask a question
Overall great place to work
Manager (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 12, 2017
Mostly good things to say. Can only speak for my position, but advancement opportunities are limited. Like most other places, co-workers and management are a mixed bag. Seems like the company overall looks out for the hourly workers more than they do middle management. My experience in my department is good, in my opinion very talented co-workers, both line and management. Very high expectations, but still hard to get rid of entrenched employees with sub-par ability/work ethic/attitude.
Pros
Pay, benefits, experience, talent, fast paced, rewarding
Poor Governance
Executive (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 9, 2017
I am speaking from my personal experience and others who worked in my role. I was fired without a stated reason. I received no feedback prior to losing my job. My five year pin was practically tossed to me. No loyalty to their employees. No respect for those who are looking out for the company. Most of the bad actors are gone. Maybe things are different now, but I doubt it.
Pros
Over paid
Cons
No place to build a career. Could be fired and you won't even know why.
High energy, diverse work environment
Player Development/Tournament Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 20, 2017
My typical day at work involves managing tournaments ranging from 40 to 4,000 entries and a staff of as many as 6 Tournament Coordinators and 100 dealers. I'm also required to help develop new tournament ideas as well as control labor costs. I am involved in targeting higher revenue generating events and tracking our guests play in cash games before and after tournaments. I am also involved in the discipline process as well as training and hiring of new employees. My typical day also includes constant review and creation of upcoming Deepsatck Extravaganza schedule of events and structure sheets.
Pros
Free Health Insurance, Paid Vacation Time, 401K Match
Cons
Non Traditional Work Schedule, Days Off, and Holidays
Solid company
MBA Strategic Marketing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Ithaca, NYSeptember 7, 2017
Fun company to work with, however I was not employed by the company. This was an academic project that involved market research based on the companies sustainability program.
productive. get to learn new thing everyday
Network Engineer (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 31, 2017
Typical day at work usually starts with any issues regarding checkpoint firewalls or any switch related issues mostly.Work environment is usually corporate style focusing on the issues with utmost care to ensure that the company management rules are met and satisfied by making sure the clients are given high priority regarding any issue related to their networking outrages.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
little stressful managing work and personal life
Subpar Working Environment and Poor Leadership
Prefer not to say (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 11, 2017
The management staff does not build their employees up for success and instead enables an unprofessional working environment in which staff and managers continuously talks negatively about each other. Feedback from long term employees who are negative and stuck in their ways is what is valued most because "they can't change how they act". Many of the managers are immature and would not be managers in otner companys. Las Vegas Sands prides itself in claiming to be the best resort to work at but it is far from that. Extrememly unprofessional working environment.
Pros
Free cafeteria food for employees, beautiful resort, some good employees
Cons
Unprofessional management, lack of structure, negative culture
Construction Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 2, 2017
Was a contract position, which I was never able to complete. I would say the company as a whole is a great place to work. As like most places there are a few bad apples.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Contract cancelled before project completion
Management and HR are horrible at their jobs, unprofessional staff
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAApril 18, 2017
Terrible company to work for that does not value their employees. Incompetent managers that treat most staff horribly. Some of the security staff (who think they're police officers) are unprofessional and rude, and managers/ supervisors do nothing about it. There is plenty of favoritism within the department. Seemed to be no room for advancement.

I completely understand why there is such a high turnover rate for this department. Human Resources that I've dealt with are absolutely incompetent as well. Hopefully MGM straightens these problems out.
Pros
free subpar lunch
Cons
incompetent managers and HR, horrible workplace culture, standing in one spot for hours
productive and fun place to work
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 12, 2016
Working here has been a real good experience for me,its a good place with great benefits ,managers treat people with ethics and respect,coworkers make the place a good teamwork
Pros
free lunches that work 24 hours
horrible place. to work
Food Server (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAJuly 19, 2016
I worked here i only lasted two months.the managers have no respect for you .and over work you.this place lives for drama