Las Vegas Valley Water District Employee Reviews

More positions
Intern - Management Services (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 28, 2018
I enjoyed working for them. They are great when it comes to allowing interns to try new things. I wish they had more positions open, but I guess that's a good thing because it is a great place to work.
Great Company
Environmental Monitoring and Management Secretary (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 2, 2018
It's a great company to work for! Opportunity for advancement and they have a very good pension plan. Employees are treated with respect and their opinions are valued.
Great Place to work
Sr. Accounting Assistant (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 18, 2018
Typical day starts at 6:00 am and ends at 5:00 pm.
Learned many skills(Microsoft Office), Oracle, Avantis, Global 360, Unclaimed Property.
Workplace culture is very diverse with employees coming from different backgrounds. .The hardest part of my job is getting up at 4:30am, but the most enjoyable part of my job is the satisfaction of what was accomplished during the day.
Pros
Love my work, great benefits
Overall good place to work
Senior Benefits Analyst (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 2, 2018
Good place to work depending on department. Good presence in community and amazing technology. Good location, campus. Participates in local community sports event each year.
Pros
Pension plan, 4-day workweek
Cons
long days
Wonderful place to work. Endless opportunities available if you desire. Benefits were excellent.
Development Services Associate II (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 16, 2018
On a daily basis, provide information to local developers, engineers and property owners on the availability of water and nearest distribution system access, review water plans and water commitment requests, while assuring both high quality customer service and calculation of water fees were paid prior to final approval. Supported three engineering supervisors and maintained their calendar of appointments and meetings.

I learned how to read water line quads (maps), identify water locations, size of lines and meters, well locations and well conversions, which allowed me to assist local developers and engineering firms with new development or re-modification of existing developments for the City of Las Vegas and Broward County, NV.

Every aspect of this job was different. I enjoyed the team concept that four division had. Being part of a team, made it easier to do our job. We always had someone to go to if we had questions or needed information.

The most difficult part of my position was when rate changes occurred. Everybody wanted their plans approved yesterday!
Pros
Flexibility, exercise independant judgment, team concept.
Cons
You never get caught up or run out of work.
Jack of many trades
LEAD GUEST SERVICES ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 7, 2018
I am hard worker and able to learn anything. I have experience in many aspects from bookkeeping, budget tracking and accounting. I really enjoy my job, but would like to earn additional income.
Pros
Benefits, culture and work environment
Cons
N/a
Great place
Mail Technician Summer Intern (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 25, 2017
A wonderful place to work. I began here in high school and the assistance and support they have given me in terms of my future at the company, and my educational pursuits, have been substantial.
Pros
financial security and experience
Cons
no benefits for interns
Long time ago
Technical Writer (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 17, 2017
Worked as a consultant in an IT department. Management not really on top of things. Probably has changed quite a bit since I was there. Nothing more to say.
scanned and archived files
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 7, 2017
just a relaxed day in the engineering department scanning files to be archived, no phone answering, just filing, it was a great place to work, and met alot of great people
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
no cons
Employee friendly busy workplace
secretaryr (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 8, 2017
The Water District offers great benefits for it's employees, including computer training for beginners as well as experienced employees. The hours are 4 tens, which can be tiresome. Ten hour days are long.
A typical day at work would include signing on to the system, checking email, clearing out in basket to start the day. We were all very friendly with each other, so we may catch up over our morning coffee. Then it was off to work on assigned projects.
Pros
Great benefits
Intern in Research and Development
Water Quality and Treatment Research Intern (Former Employee) –  Lake Mead, NVJanuary 29, 2017
Experience was great. Great pay especially while in college still. Was able to learn a lot and gain hands on experience in the field. Management was good. Everyone is different and are going to act differently. Workplace was professional and was able to gain insight about other professions within the district. Everyone was always helpful towards one another, and I never experienced much drama while I was there.
Pros
Holiday parties. Main holidays off.
local government utility -- lot's of politics
Control Systems Engineer & Programmer (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 24, 2016
This was a local government / utility company type of job. The people and co-workers were nice enough. The management was average and the benefits were average. I learned a lot on this job because I was working with some knowledgeable contractors.
Good as far as Govt Employers go
Customer Services Care Manager (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 25, 2016
Competitive in many ways with private industry - still has some remnants of bureaucracy and political bias driving decisions but not at all what it used to be.
Excellent
Custodian (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 8, 2015
The Las Vegas Valley Water District is such a huge company with dedicated employees. Everyone at the company are friendly toward one another the company takes care of their employees.
longevity is good
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 23, 2015
Great pay and benefits. Met a lot of awesome co-workers that I have continued to remain close with even after my departure. My only reason for leaving the company was that I was ready for new endeavors and the opportunities for advancement became stagnant as the company has been downsizing in many departments.
Las Vegas Valley Water District
Senior Designer (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 24, 2014
Obtained master specifications; AutoCAD standards, NEC standards record information from other utilities to research utility line locations; researching files, drawings, survey maps and parcel information, gathered measurements and other necessary data to verify and review compliance with District specifications and standards and provide consistency with previous designs.
Productive and energetic environment
Office Assistant/ Propagations Lead (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 10, 2014
Great experience, learned a lot of organization skills. I loved working with the volunteers as they made my job more enjoyable to meet different types of people.
Fun job! Lots of variety!
Clerical Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 2, 2013
I learned how to perform lots of different clerical tasks in an office setting. I took inventory. I worked on spreadsheets. I scanned a lot of mylars. I learned a lot about all sorts of things.
Likes / dislikes
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 21, 2012
The language barriers. Being in las vegas there was a large spectrum of people.