Las Virgenes Unified School District Employee Reviews

4.6
Ratings breakdown
3.7Job Security & Advancement
Teaching
Functional Academics Program Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Calabasas, CAMarch 20, 2018
Lack of control within your own classroom, constant intrusion of administration to try to catch you doing something wrong, No communication between teachers and administration.
LVUSD has a fabulous English program.
English Teacher (Former Employee) –  Agoura Hills, CAJanuary 18, 2018
Teaching English at Agoura High was a privilege. The teachers are collaborative, prepared and dedicated. The students were eager to learn, and the community promotes education.
Friendly and productive work environment.
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Calabasas, CAFebruary 22, 2017
Working at Las Virgenes Unified has given me the oppurtunity to gain experience in working with many great people as well as diverse, and friendly students. I have had experiences in working with grades K-12 and in subjects ranging from Social Studies to Biology. The hardest part of the job could sometimes be working as a rover where you have to move from one class to another in one workday. With all jobs come some hardships but that does overshadow all of the great experience it is to work with Las Virgenes Unified.
Pros
Great colleagues, students, and good place to gain a lot of experience.
As a clerical substitute, was at different locations and the district office.
Clerical Substitute (Former Employee) –  Calabasas, CAOctober 16, 2015
Enjoyed working with a variety of personnel and different jobs. Enjoyed the atmosphere. Worked in all the business offices of the District and at the local school level worked with staff, teachers and students.
Pros
Meeting different people
Cons
Not a permanent position
Teacher
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Westlake Village, CAJuly 12, 2015
The people in LVUSD are hard working, dedicated employees who are there to serve children and their families. Employees are generally upbeat and positive in my interactions with them so far.
Excellent School System, fun place to work
Substitute Elementary School Teacher (Former Employee) –  All Las Virgenes Elementary SchoolsApril 28, 2015
This was one of my most favorite places to work because every day was different and I love to teach children who love to learn. I made sure learning was fun and interactive.
Pros
Highly rewarding; small class size
Cons
Not high enough salary
Good school district, but better communication needed between regular teacher and substitute teacher.
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Calabasas, CAJuly 21, 2013
Often, when in the lunchroom, the regular staff ignored the substitute teachers. They were not very friendly.

Most assignments were good. Teachers left good detailed lesson plans and were well-organized.

During the last year, often I was called at 7:00 AM for an assignment that began at 8 AM.

Although I left notes about what was accomplished and how the students behaved, often there was no communication from the regular teacher after an assignment if they were unhappy.

Also, substitute teachers were expected to complete a form about how each assignment was. There did not seem to be anything for the regular teacher. If there was, there was no way for the substitute teacher to access it.
Pros
Great district: good schools, high expectations.
Cons
See comments regarding communication in 'Your Review.'
My time in the Las Virgenes USD (LVUSD) has been exciting and rewarding.
On-Call Sub Campus Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Agoura Hills, CAJune 29, 2013
After relocating to Agoura Hills from Riverside Count, Temecula CA for a baseball related coaching job. The Agoura High School Admin via the LVUSD accommodated my baseball schedule by establishing hours that were compatible with baseball/PE 6th period while still allowing me to work addition hours on campus as a Campus Supervisor
Pros
Agoura High School Admin and LVUSD made me feel welcomed
Cons
My schedule would often change without notice
substitute teaching
Substitute Teacher/Home teacher (Former Employee) –  Las Virgenes USDJuly 23, 2012
high quality public ed., excellent schools, teachers, well-behaved students for the most part, good support, variety, spontaneity
Pros
excellent staff
Cons
lax support