Laser Shot Employee Reviews

Not a good place
Laborer/driver (Former Employee) –  Richmond txMarch 29, 2018
Not a good place to work treat workers bad
Don't give u tpo when u have worked hours for it don't pay right for the type of work they have u doing wouldn't recommend anyone to work here
This was a horrible company to work for
Executive Assistant / Inside Sales (Former Employee) –  Stafford, TXNovember 10, 2017
This company has two owners that bicker and fight all the time. They don't know how to manage personnel. They fire people for no reason. This is the worst company I ever worked with.
Important Work
Sales (Current Employee) –  Stafford, TXSeptember 6, 2017
I love what we stand for, as a company.

What we do not only makes a difference in the end users lives, but also in lives all around the world.

It takes a special kind of person to endure our culture.
Great co workers and overall great expirience
Intern (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 1, 2016
I was 16 when I interned at Laser Shot and it really opened my eyes to the real world. What I learned from the job and the experiences I had will stay with me forever and I'll bring them to my next place of work.
Learning Experience
Executive Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Stafford, TXMay 11, 2016
Company provided a wide ranged learning opportunity. Offered advancement within the privately owned place. Worked with hectic schedule.
Great market products
Gov't & Military Accounts Manager (Former Employee) –  Stafford, TXDecember 23, 2014
This employer does not seek long term employees; extremely high turn-over rates.
Pros
Exposure to larger organizations
Cons
Extremely large employee turn-over rating
one year and counting
Shipping/Logistics Specialist (Current Employee) –  Stafford, TXDecember 10, 2014
I enjoy working at Laser Shot because the people are friendly and always willing to help you. We have a great product that helps our military and law enforcement, Each day we have our assignments and have fun doing them. Most of the the day there is no stress from our manager. We are given what we need to do our job and the training to succeed.
Pros
Great working hours - no weekends. works with you to meet family obligations
Cons
Could improve giving employees information
Not a good fit.....for anybody!
Former Staff Member (Former Employee) –  Stafford, TxNovember 22, 2014
A typical day at work involves hiding from the wrath of the COO. Regardless of department, employees work around the clock trying to excel at their jobs all the while having the COO invade your work space and micro-manage your department day in and day out. His tactics are typically sheer manipulation and employees try to stay below the radar but can never stay above water.

I learned there are some executives out there that just view your employment as an expendable number. Unfortunately, at this company, your not going anywhere fast! I learned that greed and contempt for employees is the fastest way to loose the respect of your employees. We couldn't depend on the executives, we could only depend on each other and despite the austere conditions we pushed through the ups and downs.

Quite simply, there is no management. The direction of the company is disseminated down to department managers by the CEO and COO. Unfortunately, the department managers have very limited powers and the sole manager of the whole company is the COO.

The co-workers were some of the most kind-hearted and friendly professionals I have ever had the pleasure to work with. Most of them though are battered, bruised, and tired. With negligible pay, benefits, and verbal abuse, many of them are forced to show up to work just to get a pay check and handle their financial obligations. Many are getting updates on new job opportunities daily and waiting for the grace of God to get out of there.

The hardest part of the Job is communicating and working with a COO that is on a blind war path. He has good
  more... intentions, but he lacks compassion and he harbors a pompous attitude toward all employees under him. He berates employees on a daily basis, and will never admit to being wrong. He thrives on manipulating everybody, and threatens termination often.

The most enjoyable part of the job is working with fellow co-workers. Because of the working conditions, employees develop a tight camaraderie. For many employees, daily work life is equivalent to working in the trenches while World War III is going on. The COO is firing shots at you all day and just when you think your position is fixing to get overrun, your co-worker steps in to get your back.
Pros
Co-Workers......thats about it.
Cons
Fire Breathing COO, embarrassing pay, substandard benefits, harsh working environment, etc. etc.
Learned a lot and increased my skill experience
Sales Administration (Former Employee) –  Stafford, TXJanuary 16, 2014
Create sales quotes for sales representatives, communicate with warehouse for filling orders, process orders, create sales reports for individual sales representatives. Learned multiple databases. I learned the importance of my role to customer service through all stages from first contact with customers through the shipping and follow up in customer satisfaction. The co-workers had a good camaraderie and planned after hours happy hours. Hardest part of the job was when there wasn't inventory to fill orders. I really enjoyed attending and representing the company at trade shows
Pros
plenty of work and functioned in multiple departments
Cons
no advancement opportunities, conflict between owners created hostile atmosphere
Steer Clear
former employee (Former Employee) –  Stafford, TXMay 6, 2013
Also taking the almost as high road. Dysfunctional management, broken promises, lousy work environment, yet some great people there.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Everything else.

Want to know more about Laser Shot?

Ask a question
Cool place to work - great products, great people
Minion (Current Employee) –  Stafford, TXMarch 8, 2013
Everyone is proud of the awesome systems we provide to law enforcement and military. Not an easy place to work sometimes- but accomplishments and hard work are recognized and rewarded. Incompetence and laziness are exposed pretty quickly, so not a great place if you just want to slide by.
Pros
great co-workers, flex-hour program, good benefits, pride in the products.
Cons
semi-controlled chaos sometimes, lots of deadlines, cheap coffee
Stay away unless you really need a job.
Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  Stafford, TXJuly 13, 2012
The management are a bunch of yes-men to the owners. One owner is good but you never see him. The other one is a harassment, equal opportunity claim waiting to happen and is not business savvy at all. He treats all employees like dirt. Work is at a high rate of speed with no fore sight to actual business plans. Severely underpaid and under appreciated employees are awesome to work with but not worth the head aches. Shoddy business practices could put you in a spot to be in serious trouble with the FBI or IRS should they ever catch wind of the practices performed here. Lack of imagination and routinely will react to competitors by revers engineering their products rather than developing their own.
Pros
great co-workers
Cons
everything else about laser shot.
Do not work for this company!
xy (Former Employee) –  stafford, txJune 14, 2012
This company is the worst place I have ever worked for. They do not appreciate hard work. You will not be promoted or make more money...
The COO is the most disgusting person you will ever meet in your life.
A typical day at work: clock in and try to do your job while hoping that you will not have to clean the COO's SUV, clean his pool or do personal stuff for him for special assignment regardless of your job description. Also make sure you do not have any good ideas that can help the company because common sense is not welcome! Keep all of your ideas to yourself....
Management: do not expect to be appreciated...they will take all the credit for everything you do...
Co-workers are great for the most part, that is the reason why some people are sticking around and the reason why this company is still operating.
Cons
benefits, compensation, management, job security/advancement, culture/values, work/life balance
Agree with what the compnay stands for; Awesome co-workers
Buyer (Current Employee) –  Stafford, TXMay 21, 2012
A typical day is purchasing and interacting with vendors and sales team. I have learned a lot from purchasing raw materials to build guns for our simulators. Management has certainly improved since I started working there but they are limited on how they are allowed to manage their departments. The hardest part of my job is dealing with (2) CEO's that are inconsistent with their abilities to run a company and keep good people. The turnover is pathetic. So many great workers leave after their 90 days because they are lied to about pay increases. The most enjoyable part of my job is the different products that I get to buy. I also love communicating with vendors that I have built great relationships with...
Pros
great boss and coworkers
Cons
being lied to by the owners about pay increases
No Comment
Regional Sales Manager - LE (Former Employee) –  Stafford, TXMay 18, 2012
Taking the higher road on this one. Recommend steering away from this place.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Laser Shot. Our community is ready to answer.

2.4