Laser Spine Institute Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Interesting work/enjoyable work conditions
Medical Transcription/Quality Assurance (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 9, 2018
Company was growing very quickly when I worked there, therefore flexibility and change were an everyday part of life there. Management was involved with employees and listened to needs.
Pros
company functions/pay/work environment
State of the Art Working Environments, Amazing Culture
Web Content Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 19, 2018
The people are friendly, the working environment is world-class with amenities, at the Tampa HQ there's even an indoor half basketball court, shuffleboard, and snack bar areas on every floor. Everyone feels welcome and is encouraged to think freely and openly.
nice company
Patient Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJune 17, 2018
Company was very organized. Everyone knew what their job was and did it. Very nice people. Helped the community with volunteering.
Busy, work day flew by...
Pros
Free lunches.
Cons
Eliminated my position.
fun work place
Medical Assistant / Intake Specialist (Current Employee) –  Wayne, PAJune 15, 2018
I have no complaints I love working at laser spine.everyone there are friendly pleasant. I would say it is also a family oriented company that believe in home work life.
Pros
Laid back
Cons
there are none
ok place
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Creve Coeur, MOJune 13, 2018
They do not know how to balance the work and home life daily schedule changes hourly it seems like. You can never make appts or plan things accordingly.
Laser spine Institute was a very fun company to work for
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 29, 2018
Laser spine Institute was a very fun company to work for It was a very fast paced job the employees were wonderful to work for a very helpful and very happy
Pros
Laid back
Cons
Point system
Great place to work.
Transcriptionist (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 21, 2018
Although in the beginning it was smaller and on a more personal level, this is a great company. There have been waves of cutbacks previously but it looks like they are on an upswing in growth.
Pros
Still a fun place to be.
Cons
Cutbacks
great place to work
Family Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 8, 2018
Great atmosphere, team work approach. The company holds many different events throughout the year for employees. It is a young staff, which makes it a fun environment.
hardest part
Customer Service Inbound/Pt (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 2, 2018
no comment it was not a good place, it is not what people think they are they lie about their outcomes for surgery and have become a surgery mill for procedures
Not worth it
Physician Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 19, 2018
"There are no bad teams only bad leaders"

Even though immediate manager was good many levels and layers above show poor leadership skills. They try to lead from the rear.
It can be a great opportunity
Hospitality Associate (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZApril 13, 2018
customer service,
Professional Attitude,

Enjoying parts of the day are when I know alot has been accomplished.

Hardest parts of a job are when essential resources needed for the job are not met.

Friendly social work environments are preferable to a quite workplace.
worst place to work
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 26, 2018
they are constantly doing layoffs and have people running departments with no experience. all the great staff with knowledge was let go. benefits were taken away and there is no room for advancement.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
N/a
Patient Support Rep (Document Specialist) (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 14, 2018
The supervisor and employees at laser spine are wonderful as well as the patients who come to our facility to have surgery. Like any job you have your good and bad, but working here i have more good then bad. It's really what you make of it.
Use to be an excellent place to work
Previous employee (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 3, 2018
Laserspine used to be the place to work. It is really sad what the company had to endure these past 3 years. There is still some amazing people working there.
Benefits
A Joke
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 25, 2018
LSI used to be a great place where we helped patients and had a great work environment. This was all until management admitted to messing up and lost all of the company's money. That is when buy out after buy out happened. They cut most of the staff, but continued to hire and train time and time again; I guess they didn't get the memo on how much that alone ends up costing a company. A bunch of 25 year old sycophants acting like managers, but have no idea what they were doing. This job had a decent pay, decent hours, but no loyalty, no training and no sense of safety-and we are talking if you are doing your job. It was a cut throat place and I am extremely happy that I left. Save yourself some time and keep your stress levels down--look somewhere else.
Pros
Decent pay, benefits
Cons
Everything else
great place
Spine Care Consult Specialist (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 24, 2018
Overall LSI was the most enjoyable and fulfilling place that I have ever worked at. You always learn something and are kept on your toes. LSI is all about change, which is awesome and they are continuously growing. The hardest part of the job was the micromanaging that came about.
Pros
Great people, benefits and pay
Cons
some management
Fast Paced and Patient Centered
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 18, 2018
Laser Spine Institute is a workplace for those who like fast paced environments where their individual talents and willingness to help the patients show that they are a good fit for the company!
It was ab excellent learning experience
RN-PACU (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJanuary 13, 2018
Working at Laser Spine was an excellent experience. Excellent employees, excellent learning experience. Excellent Drs and nurses.

There was a fair amount of favoritism for staff nurses.
Pros
Great Staff
no comment
registered nurse (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 10, 2017
This was a part time position and I found it to be satisfactory. The work was average, the staff was nice, friendly and helpful. At times an employee had to stay late.
I was a temp
Spine Care Consultant (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 5, 2017
I was a temp who worked really hard to transition into a permanent position. Although I was the only temp that was still working way past my anticipated end date, I felt as though if they weren't planning on getting rid of me, why not give me the opportunity to get the same benefits as full time employees since i'd put in just as much if not more of the work. The fact that I really needed security and benefits but no matter how many attempts, applications, Wonderful reviews, and conversations I had, I could never get out of that stagnant temp status, completely discouraged me and caused me to leave. One thing that I can say is that there was obviously a reason why I wanted to be a part of the Laser Spine Family, the company culture was heavenly, nothing like I've ever seen before.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Laser Spine Institute. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.6InHerSight Score

2.6Personal Development

2.8Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight