Laser Spine Institute Employee Reviews

LSI is out of Business now
manager (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 20, 2019
no longer open, went out of business 3/1/2019. great to place to work, great company. heartbreaking to see it close so abruptly. Amazing work environment
Coworkers made the job
Registered Nurse-Ambulatory Surgery Center (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 13, 2019
A culture built on the foundation of patient centric care and wonderful employees! People worked well together despite company management changes. Management issues and insecurities led to many good employees seeking other employment. Despite the changes, a company with that type of close knit group of employees is difficult to find.
Pros
The people
Cons
Poor management, insecurities, lack of communication
They closed without notice
Medical Insurance Subject Matter Expert (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 12, 2019
They closed without notice while we were working. Business was carrying on as usual at the time they had a meeting to tell us all to go home. Need I say more?
Used to be a great place to work
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 12, 2019
Company closed without notice. When I started almost five years ago, the company was a great place to work with a great culture. Sorry to say it went down hill fast and closed.
Pros
Pay and culture
Cons
Closed without notice
Loved it
Patient Consultant (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 12, 2019
I absolutely loved this job and I am extremely thankful for it. Everyone in the building was working towards the same goal, we all wanted to help as many patients as possible.
Company Closed
SPINE CARE CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 10, 2019
Company Closed due to improper investment, all employees laid off in march 2019, would not recommend future investment or other opportunities with this company
Great Opportunity
Senior Human Resources Generalist (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 9, 2019
The culture was great and I had an amazing team. They made it fun to come to work everyday. The hardest part about my job was having to close 3 sites and close our entire company. Even though I was in HR for only 2 years, I learned more than some may learn in 5-10 years. It was an amazing experience and I will miss my team.
Company shut all facilities without notice. No severance, no COBRA
Spine Care Consultant (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 8, 2019
The company shut down with no notice, laying off almost 600 professionals, including doctors & nurses, without the 60 day WARN notice required by federal statute.
Laser Spine Institute is a great company to work for.
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 7, 2019
I contacted medical insurance companies by phone and via their websites to obtain claim status and payment information on delinquent claims. Also appealed denied claims and provided requested information to insurance carriers, as per their request. I learned to use new software applications. Management was very helpful and professional. The overall atmosphere was very warm and welcoming. The hardest part of my job was convincing an insurance rep to send a claim that denied for no apparent reason back to be reprocessed. The most enjoyable and rewarding part of my job was getting a denied claim that I appealed overturned and paid.
LSI is closed permanently
Senior Medical Coding Expert (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 7, 2019
LSI has closed permanently due to bankruptcy. While employed as a coder, the culture of my team was extremely positive, supportive, provided educational seminars, materials to help improve my surgical coding skills.

My star ratings above were based on my coding team, not the company as a whole.
Difficult to write
Regulatory Compliance Manager and Privacy Officer (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 6, 2019
The past few years have been a roller coaster; it is difficult to write this objectively at the moment. Company went under, this does not matter anymore.
Pros
Teammates
Cons
Company went under, this does not matter.
Laser Spine Was the best
Patient Empowerment Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 4, 2019
My time at laser spine was incredible, we are a family the only reason I am no longer with them is due to the closure of its facilities, I grew a lot in the little time I was with them.
Wow
Patient Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 2, 2019
The environment and my coworkers is what made LSI a great place. Everyone was like a family. Helping one another and encouraging one another to fight through hardship. The culture started to disappear when massive changes occurred and everyone felt like they were being lied to. Its unfortunate the company was shut down. Helping patients get back on their feet and through their struggles and pain made my day that much brighter.
Pros
Family like coworkers
Cons
Unfair pay, benefits taken, company shutdown with no warning
Used to be great
Revenue Cycle (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 23, 2019
The company is not the same as it was 10 years ago, and not for the better. People are leaving in large waves due to the lack of stability and uncertain future of the organization.
Pros
Was a great place to learn
Cons
Everything else
February 25, 2019

We appreciate your feedback and are sorry you did not enjoy your experience at Laser Spine Institute. We are always striving to create an environment where our team members can excel and enjoy their work.

When it's good it's good, when it's bad it's bad.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 17, 2019
LSI was a great place to obtain experience, but definitely not a stopping point. The company always seemed to be in some sort of financial turmoil intermittently, and lacked the transparency until it got really bad, but that could honestly be based more on speculation and hearsay (I didn't pay much attention). Lunch is most frequently provided ("the LSI-20" - meaning you will gain 20lbs in the first month of your employment), which was nice, workload was pretty easy and the building itself is very beautiful. I was one of the fortunate few that was not laid off, but a lot of good, hard-working employees, some of which had been there much longer than I had, were let go. Makes you question your overall job security. A lottttt of young people in positions of power, ego-boosted by fancy titles. The chain of command is so convoluted, I don't even know who I was supposed to be reporting to most of the time, but I've heard that has since been restructured. Also riddled with a lot of frivolous positions that often confused and upset patients more than anything. That being said, I started in corporate and was lucky enough to be promoted to the clinical side, which was A LOT better in terms of management structure, leniency and workload, though still pretty unorganized. All of this aside, LSI was a very fun place to work! They do work hard to maintain the overall morale! They reward hard work, and your voice is heard as an employee, which is what really matters! I met a lot of really good, hard-working people there. Some of it is unfortunately consumed in a lot of unnecessary he-said-she-said  more... typical corporate drama that can prove distracting, but if you keep your head in your work and do what you need to do, there shouldn't be any issue.  less
Pros
Free lunches, game rooms, pay and benefits
Cons
Questionable leadership, frequent lay offs, angry patients
February 19, 2019

We appreciate your feedback regarding your time at Laser Spine Institute. While we are sorry you didn't enjoy your entire experience with us, we appreciate your honesty and will take your concerns into account.

Decent Place
IT (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 12, 2019
Decent place to work, i worked there a lot of years, from my understanding it is not as good anymore. Most of the original people are gone now. Oh well
February 13, 2019

We are sorry to hear you did not enjoy your full experience at Laser Spine Institute and we sincerely appreciate your feedback.

Horrible place to work due to low pay, high goal and management critique,favoritism
Patient Empowerment Consultant 11 (Former Employee) –  FloridaFebruary 7, 2019
Upper management does not even notice you, however, if it were not for the spine consultants "patient empowerment consultants" they would not have an upper management position. And what potential surgery patient understands you when you tell them that you are going to be their patient empowerment consultant? Its a spine consultant! And its a mouth full to the patients when they ask you to repeat your title.
So the company has a new CEO, He closed 2 locations. A ton of senior consultants left within a 3 week period even a surgeon. The pay is low and they keep making it harder to reach your goals. Oh, and they have a point system if your child is sick and you have to pick him up from school that is 2 points and there is a constant no you can't do this and no you're doing that wrong while they constantly critique your calls and make you feel like your inadequate.
All of this adds up to you cant focus on what is most important "Changing peoples lives" Making a difference and helping them instead your too stressed over your quota and following a script instead of being human to the potential patients.
Pros
Its a paycheck, some management care and try to help you
Cons
low pay, point system, too many scripts, favoritism
February 8, 2019

We are sorry to hear you did not enjoy your experience at Laser Spine Institute. As we are always striving to create an environment where our team members can excel and enjoy their work, we sincerely appreciate your feedback.

Great employer
Human Resources Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 31, 2019
Laser Spine Institute is a great employer! Teammates are hardworking, dedicated to serving the needs of the patients. Management truly cares about seeing their employees succeed.
Pros
great co-workers, free parking, nice building, good benefits, flexible hours
Cons
low company morale, compensation low
February 4, 2019

We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review. Thank you for recommending Laser Spine Institute! We're glad you are enjoying your time here!

Was a good stepping stone
Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 30, 2019
This job allowed me to expand my knowledge and learn as much as I could to be able to move up and out. Management was always to involved in company politics.
Pros
Cons
to many work politics
February 4, 2019

Thank you for leaving us a review. We are sorry to hear you did not enjoy your full experience at Laser Spine Institute. We are always striving to create environments where our team members can excel and enjoy their work, and we sincerely appreciate your feedback.

Loss of revenue
Director (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 22, 2019
Company has taken all of the benefits away from their staff due to poor management. In recent years, they have laid off 30% of their workforce which has created a stressful environment for those of us that remained.
Pros
Great location
Cons
No retirement contributions and tuition reimbursement
January 24, 2019

We are sorry to hear you did not enjoy your experience at Laser Spine Institute. We are always striving to create environments where our team members can excel and enjoy their work, and we sincerely appreciate your feedback.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Laser Spine Institute. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.5InHerSight Score

2.5Personal Development

2.5Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight