Laser Spine Institute Employee Reviews

hardest part
Customer Service Inbound/Pt (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 2, 2018
no comment it was not a good place, it is not what people think they are they lie about their outcomes for surgery and have become a surgery mill for procedures
Not worth it
Physician Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 19, 2018
"There are no bad teams only bad leaders"

Even though immediate manager was good many levels and layers above show poor leadership skills. They try to lead from the rear.
It can be a great opportunity
Hospitality Associate (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZApril 13, 2018
customer service,
Professional Attitude,

Enjoying parts of the day are when I know alot has been accomplished.

Hardest parts of a job are when essential resources needed for the job are not met.

Friendly social work environments are preferable to a quite workplace.
worst place to work
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 26, 2018
they are constantly doing layoffs and have people running departments with no experience. all the great staff with knowledge was let go. benefits were taken away and there is no room for advancement.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
N/a
Patient Support Rep (Document Specialist) (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 14, 2018
The supervisor and employees at laser spine are wonderful as well as the patients who come to our facility to have surgery. Like any job you have your good and bad, but working here i have more good then bad. It's really what you make of it.
Use to be an excellent place to work
Previous employee (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 3, 2018
Laserspine used to be the place to work. It is really sad what the company had to endure these past 3 years. There is still some amazing people working there.
Benefits
A Joke
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 25, 2018
LSI used to be a great place where we helped patients and had a great work environment. This was all until management admitted to messing up and lost all of the company's money. That is when buy out after buy out happened. They cut most of the staff, but continued to hire and train time and time again; I guess they didn't get the memo on how much that alone ends up costing a company. A bunch of 25 year old sycophants acting like managers, but have no idea what they were doing. This job had a decent pay, decent hours, but no loyalty, no training and no sense of safety-and we are talking if you are doing your job. It was a cut throat place and I am extremely happy that I left. Save yourself some time and keep your stress levels down--look somewhere else.
Pros
Decent pay, benefits
Cons
Everything else
great place
Spine Care Consult Specialist (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 24, 2018
Overall LSI was the most enjoyable and fulfilling place that I have ever worked at. You always learn something and are kept on your toes. LSI is all about change, which is awesome and they are continuously growing. The hardest part of the job was the micromanaging that came about.
Pros
Great people, benefits and pay
Cons
some management
Fast Paced and Patient Centered
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 18, 2018
Laser Spine Institute is a workplace for those who like fast paced environments where their individual talents and willingness to help the patients show that they are a good fit for the company!
It was ab excellent learning experience
RN-PACU (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJanuary 13, 2018
Working at Laser Spine was an excellent experience. Excellent employees, excellent learning experience. Excellent Drs and nurses.

There was a fair amount of favoritism for staff nurses.
Pros
Great Staff
no comment
registered nurse (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 10, 2017
This was a part time position and I found it to be satisfactory. The work was average, the staff was nice, friendly and helpful. At times an employee had to stay late.
I was a temp
Spine Care Consultant (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 5, 2017
I was a temp who worked really hard to transition into a permanent position. Although I was the only temp that was still working way past my anticipated end date, I felt as though if they weren't planning on getting rid of me, why not give me the opportunity to get the same benefits as full time employees since i'd put in just as much if not more of the work. The fact that I really needed security and benefits but no matter how many attempts, applications, Wonderful reviews, and conversations I had, I could never get out of that stagnant temp status, completely discouraged me and caused me to leave. One thing that I can say is that there was obviously a reason why I wanted to be a part of the Laser Spine Family, the company culture was heavenly, nothing like I've ever seen before.
Patient centered medical facility
Medical Records-LaserFiche Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 3, 2017
Large medical facility that performed minimally invasive spine surgery.
Seven facilities nationwide that adhered to our patient first company culture.
enjoyable staff high pressure management
Physician Assistant - Spine Surgery (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKDecember 3, 2017
Staff well trained in hospitality. Management frequently hostile. Compensation excellent. Corporate philosophy completely profit driven. High pressure clinical environment.
no advancement for non-medical personnel
Patient Concierge (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 20, 2017
There are very limited to no advancement opportunities for non-medical personnel. Management doesn't listen to employee feedback. Employees are under-staffed and over-worked.
beautiful building
Physician Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mayfield Heights, OHNovember 14, 2017
excellent work environment with great co-workers. Some issues with stability and chain of command issues. hard to express opinions on running day to day operations without the threat of discipline. Excellent c-workers and great work environment. But constant changes to work duties can be frustrating
Pros
great pay
Cons
instability
Productive and fun environment
Medical Record Representative (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 6, 2017
Team meetings were established weekly by team lead and there would also be department meeting once month. Goals were set on a department basis, team basis and also on an individual basis. Management pushed for quality over quantity. Work produced on a quality stand point would have a great out come which would cause an increase in product quantity. Recognition was given. Competitions within the company were great and provided great prizes. Overall a great place to work. wonderful co- workers.
Well organized and kind
Medical Assisting / Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZOctober 31, 2017
Well organized facility, the doctors are kind and they know what they are doing. Great top of the line none invasive high tech SX treatments to PT... Some what under staffed..
Pros
Employee motibation
Cons
Under staff
Not sure what to say...
Report Intake Specialist/Administrative Support (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 23, 2017
I worked there for 7.5 years, had the most experience out of almost 20 people on my time and when it came time to lay someone off, it was me. I guess my loyalty was not reciprocated....
Management is terrible
Medical Assistant Consult (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 16, 2017
The place is ran terrible and don't take into account the staff feedback. They will write you up and not tell you about it and then call you in the office for a final notice, then fire you.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Laser Spine Institute. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.6

2.6Personal Development

2.8Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight