Laser Spine Institute Culture reviews

great place
Spine Care Consult Specialist (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 24, 2018
Overall LSI was the most enjoyable and fulfilling place that I have ever worked at. You always learn something and are kept on your toes. LSI is all about change, which is awesome and they are continuously growing. The hardest part of the job was the micromanaging that came about.
Pros
Great people, benefits and pay
Cons
some management
I was a temp
Spine Care Consultant (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 5, 2017
I was a temp who worked really hard to transition into a permanent position. Although I was the only temp that was still working way past my anticipated end date, I felt as though if they weren't planning on getting rid of me, why not give me the opportunity to get the same benefits as full time employees since i'd put in just as much if not more of the work. The fact that I really needed security and benefits but no matter how many attempts, applications, Wonderful reviews, and conversations I had, I could never get out of that stagnant temp status, completely discouraged me and caused me to leave. One thing that I can say is that there was obviously a reason why I wanted to be a part of the Laser Spine Family, the company culture was heavenly, nothing like I've ever seen before.
Patient centered medical facility
Medical Records-LaserFiche Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 3, 2017
Large medical facility that performed minimally invasive spine surgery.
Seven facilities nationwide that adhered to our patient first company culture.
Productive and fun environment
Medical Record Representative (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 6, 2017
Team meetings were established weekly by team lead and there would also be department meeting once month. Goals were set on a department basis, team basis and also on an individual basis. Management pushed for quality over quantity. Work produced on a quality stand point would have a great out come which would cause an increase in product quantity. Recognition was given. Competitions within the company were great and provided great prizes. Overall a great place to work. wonderful co- workers.
Learning experince
NextGen Consultant (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 14, 2017
Great environment to work in. Friendly people. Good experience. Learned a new way to work with my experience. I was able to show my experience to the staff.
great business
Consultation and Scheduling Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 18, 2017
This was an excellent opportunity. Unfortunately there were some bad decisions made at the company which effected the employee benefits. I was laid off as a result.
Pros
great culture
Cons
bad ownership
Productive and fun place to work, i truly enjoyed my tenure at Laser Spine Institute
Van Driver/ Hospitality Agent (Former Employee) –  Wayne, PAAugust 1, 2017
i used to drive patients to pick-up prescriptions, take them to various medical facilities, anywhere from Chadds Ford, Pottstown to Philadelphia, PA - i learned how to use different computer programs and the importance of "on-stage" behavior in a professional office workplace - the culture was amazing, very respectful - the hardest part for me was when i had to sit behind a desk, i loved driving and interacting with the patients.
Pros
company outings, free lunches and gift cards
Cons
only when i wasn't driving
Many Changes
Revenue Management Liaison (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 11, 2017
The company has had many changes throughout the last few years, although the changes are not always bad it is quite different than the culture the company portrays. I love majority of the people I work with, I just wish people still loved their roles and had confidence in their future to get back to an enjoyable work atmosphere.
Pros
Cafe at work, location
Cons
Always cold
Was a wonderful company to work for until Nepotism completely destroyed the culture
Spine Care Consultant (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 8, 2017
Culture and trust has been destroyed
Many excellent employees have departed
Nepotism and incompetence has caused Financial and Moral decay
This company is unrecognizable compared to 3 yrs ago
Pros
beautiful environment
Cons
benefits taken away, nepotism rampant, good ol' boys network, managment is too young
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 20, 2017
I loved what Laser Spine did for people, I loved how they treated their employees in most departments. I learned that having patience and being kind at all times can go a very long way when dealing with different types of people at one time from different backgrounds. It was to far of a drive me at the time (I did not have reliable transportation). I enjoyed the fun atmosphere.
Horrible Management
Spine Care Consultant (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 7, 2016
This place is amazing with their culture and everything they do for their patients.
BUT...
management is horrific. They do not understand anything about work/life balance. You will literally be there the majority of your day. God forbid you get sick... they just fire you.
Pros
Free lunch sometimes, fun activities
Cons
Management, hours, stress, obscene deadlines
Great Culture
Executive (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 20, 2016
Organization has worked very hard to build a strong culture with inclusionary decision making for patients and teammates.
Good workplace
Surgical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Wayne, PAJune 9, 2016
I love working here despite a few employees. The best part of the job are the doc and a few co workers that make it a fun and enjoyable work place. Management can be difficult at times.
Pros
incentives
Cons
healthcare benefits
I wouldn't recommend this company to my worst enemy
Leadership Team Member (Former Employee) –  OhioJune 7, 2016
Prior to the current CEO, there was much more loyalty and job security. That is not the case anymore. Laser Spine Institute is currently looking any making up any kind of excuse to terminate very loyal employees. They are firing employees that have made their company a top priority and have relocated and taken on any responsibilities that have ever been asked of them. It's extremely backstabbing and unsafe. DO NOT accept any position with this company.
Pros
They few remaining good people that are left.
Cons
No job security, lack of values and culture, no money at all...
family environment that needs work in order to grow as an organization
Spine Care Consultant (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 6, 2015
The culture of the organization has changed drastically over the past year. The organizational structure of the organization has never bee sufficient to support its employees.
Pros
supportive peer enviroment
Cons
lacks organizational structure
Very Productive
Customer Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FL 33607September 24, 2015
Provides you with extensive Excel knowledge. A good work atmosphere. They believe in helping people. They believe in Team Work.
Pros
Job Atmosphere
Cons
Job did not become permanent
fun place to work
Appeals Specialist/Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 14, 2015
Fun work place with supportive management. I enjoyed working with my colleagues. A very nice place to work. They really care about their employees.
Pros
family atmosphere
Cons
Very specialized and unique medical facility
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 21, 2015
This is a great place to work while in college. The culture here is more customer service than a typical medical facility. Smiles everywhere.
Pros
9-5 hours
Cons
Parking
Absolutely amazing place to work
Hospitality associate (Former Employee) –  Wayne, PADecember 18, 2014
I loved everything about this job, the people, the managers. It was the most wonderful place to work but unfortunately I had to leave. The managers are very understanding and caring. The work environment is pleasant, and the pay is good. If you are lucky to get a job offer there, take it with no hesitation.
Pros
great work environment, a lot of free food and many perks
Cons
none that I can think of
Productive and enjoyable
Luis A. Lahud, MD, Director (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZNovember 15, 2014
Typical day at work is well balanced.

I learned that both patients and care providers can be happy at the end of the day.

Management seems to do their job.

Co-workers are helpful and cooperative.

The hardest part but in the same time most interesting part of the job was adjusting and mastering anesthesia skills necessary for very specialized surgical procedures.

The most enjoyable part of the job was conversation with satisfied patients at the end of the day.
Pros
Relax and efficient work enviroment
Cons
Unconventional anesthesia managment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Laser Spine Institute. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.6

2.6Personal Development

2.8Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight