Laser Spine Institute Culture reviews

great place to work
Family Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 8, 2018
Great atmosphere, team work approach. The company holds many different events throughout the year for employees. It is a young staff, which makes it a fun environment.
great place
Spine Care Consult Specialist (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 24, 2018
Overall LSI was the most enjoyable and fulfilling place that I have ever worked at. You always learn something and are kept on your toes. LSI is all about change, which is awesome and they are continuously growing. The hardest part of the job was the micromanaging that came about.
Pros
Great people, benefits and pay
Cons
some management
I was a temp
Spine Care Consultant (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 5, 2017
I was a temp who worked really hard to transition into a permanent position. Although I was the only temp that was still working way past my anticipated end date, I felt as though if they weren't planning on getting rid of me, why not give me the opportunity to get the same benefits as full time employees since i'd put in just as much if not more of the work. The fact that I really needed security and benefits but no matter how many attempts, applications, Wonderful reviews, and conversations I had, I could never get out of that stagnant temp status, completely discouraged me and caused me to leave. One thing that I can say is that there was obviously a reason why I wanted to be a part of the Laser Spine Family, the company culture was heavenly, nothing like I've ever seen before.
Patient centered medical facility
Medical Records-LaserFiche Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 3, 2017
Large medical facility that performed minimally invasive spine surgery.
Seven facilities nationwide that adhered to our patient first company culture.
Productive and fun environment
Medical Record Representative (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 6, 2017
Team meetings were established weekly by team lead and there would also be department meeting once month. Goals were set on a department basis, team basis and also on an individual basis. Management pushed for quality over quantity. Work produced on a quality stand point would have a great out come which would cause an increase in product quantity. Recognition was given. Competitions within the company were great and provided great prizes. Overall a great place to work. wonderful co- workers.
Learning experince
NextGen Consultant (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 14, 2017
Great environment to work in. Friendly people. Good experience. Learned a new way to work with my experience. I was able to show my experience to the staff.
great business
Consultation and Scheduling Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 18, 2017
This was an excellent opportunity. Unfortunately there were some bad decisions made at the company which effected the employee benefits. I was laid off as a result.
Pros
great culture
Cons
bad ownership
Productive and fun place to work, i truly enjoyed my tenure at Laser Spine Institute
Van Driver/ Hospitality Agent (Former Employee) –  Wayne, PAAugust 1, 2017
i used to drive patients to pick-up prescriptions, take them to various medical facilities, anywhere from Chadds Ford, Pottstown to Philadelphia, PA - i learned how to use different computer programs and the importance of "on-stage" behavior in a professional office workplace - the culture was amazing, very respectful - the hardest part for me was when i had to sit behind a desk, i loved driving and interacting with the patients.
Pros
company outings, free lunches and gift cards
Cons
only when i wasn't driving
Many Changes
Revenue Management Liaison (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 11, 2017
The company has had many changes throughout the last few years, although the changes are not always bad it is quite different than the culture the company portrays. I love majority of the people I work with, I just wish people still loved their roles and had confidence in their future to get back to an enjoyable work atmosphere.
Pros
Cafe at work, location
Cons
Always cold
Was a wonderful company to work for until Nepotism completely destroyed the culture
Spine Care Consultant (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 8, 2017
Culture and trust has been destroyed
Many excellent employees have departed
Nepotism and incompetence has caused Financial and Moral decay
This company is unrecognizable compared to 3 yrs ago
Pros
beautiful environment
Cons
benefits taken away, nepotism rampant, good ol' boys network, managment is too young
Horrible Management
Spine Care Consultant (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 7, 2016
This place is amazing with their culture and everything they do for their patients.
BUT...
management is horrific. They do not understand anything about work/life balance. You will literally be there the majority of your day. God forbid you get sick... they just fire you.
Pros
Free lunch sometimes, fun activities
Cons
Management, hours, stress, obscene deadlines
Great Culture
Executive (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 20, 2016
Organization has worked very hard to build a strong culture with inclusionary decision making for patients and teammates.
Change without direction
Other Staff (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 8, 2016
Stressful work environment. Everyone works in a 30" cube with white noise machines hindering any working collaboration.
Pros
Co-workers
Good workplace
Surgical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Wayne, PAJune 9, 2016
I love working here despite a few employees. The best part of the job are the doc and a few co workers that make it a fun and enjoyable work place. Management can be difficult at times.
Pros
incentives
Cons
healthcare benefits
I wouldn't recommend this company to my worst enemy
Leadership Team Member (Former Employee) –  OhioJune 7, 2016
Prior to the current CEO, there was much more loyalty and job security. That is not the case anymore. Laser Spine Institute is currently looking any making up any kind of excuse to terminate very loyal employees. They are firing employees that have made their company a top priority and have relocated and taken on any responsibilities that have ever been asked of them. It's extremely backstabbing and unsafe. DO NOT accept any position with this company.
Pros
They few remaining good people that are left.
Cons
No job security, lack of values and culture, no money at all...
good money and fun enviornment
Medical Salesperson (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 27, 2016
The culture is good and you can make excellent money . However you will have little work life balance. Most people do not take a lunch break and if you use your vacation you will be so far behind when you get back that you will think twice before taking vacation days again.
Pros
money, fun enviornment
Cons
no work /life balance. favoritism abounds
family environment that needs work in order to grow as an organization
Spine Care Consultant (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 6, 2015
The culture of the organization has changed drastically over the past year. The organizational structure of the organization has never bee sufficient to support its employees.
Pros
supportive peer enviroment
Cons
lacks organizational structure
Very Productive
Customer Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FL 33607September 24, 2015
Provides you with extensive Excel knowledge. A good work atmosphere. They believe in helping people. They believe in Team Work.
Pros
Job Atmosphere
Cons
Job did not become permanent
fun place to work
Appeals Specialist/Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 14, 2015
Fun work place with supportive management. I enjoyed working with my colleagues. A very nice place to work. They really care about their employees.
Pros
family atmosphere
Lsi
Facility Manager (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJune 8, 2015
LSI is a young and energetic company that is highly motivated to produce successful outcomes for their patients. Compensation for their employees is lacking.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Laser Spine Institute. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.6InHerSight Score

2.6Personal Development

2.8Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight