LaserAway Employee Reviews

Awful
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 25, 2019
No stability. Management burns out employees for the sake of making money. If you have a bad day at sales, you can be sure they are already looking for your replacement. awful management and ownership.
Terrible and waste of time
Sales (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TXSeptember 18, 2019
They like to hire pretty girls that soak up the “dream” they pitch you. If you are not offered the lead position and you depend on a steady full time job. Do not take it. They will cut your hours from Friday to the next Monday. If you had a slow week in sales. This gives you less time to meet with potential clients and of course your sales will drop and well they will replace you all together.
No job security. The place looks fun and hip but then
Stay away if you value professionalism
Patient Care Coordinator / Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CASeptember 12, 2019
The uneducated managers are incompetent to smoothly handle daily activities. They use favoritism and gossip. Schedules are never consistent and there is no support from management. Basically-!lt is trash.
Pros
Fun treatments
Cons
Discrimination
not a good place to work
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAAugust 24, 2019
Poor pay
Poor management
Poor training
Poor everything...
Get in, get your feet wet, quickly move on to a place that respects you as a nurse and treats you well through compensation, scheduling, and staffing

It’s a money making business and they don’t care about their employees
LaserAway RN
Aesthetic Dermatology Nurse (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 21, 2019
A fun work environment!! Great people and flexibility. Unfortunately, the clinical staff, with degrees, get paid exponentially less than sales staff. They should offer bonuses and commission for services, skills, etc.
Great place to work and grow
Laser Technician (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZAugust 14, 2019
By far the best job I ever had. I wish I never left.
Fair pay
Stress free
Family oriented
Bully Work force
Patient Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 7, 2019
I have never reviewed a job but want to give fair warning. There is no ramp up if you don't make sales they drop your hours immediately within a month. You start off as a full time (30 hours) at minimum wage. Right from the start the the other sales people talk down to you, and expect dirty looks, did not last 90 days as this place is worse than working at a fast food place. Sales are stolen from the more tenured sales people, all the leads go to them, expect name calling and getting bashed in emails for everything. Bashed as in the other sales people reaching out to your boss to express their "concern" that you are not capable of doing your job and that you are lying about tasks being perform. Expect the more tenured sales people to turn away walk ins so the sale can go to them. Expect negative feedback for every minute thing you do. Consultation rights taken away from you so you can watch the more tenured sales people conduct them and best yet not make a sale. For every sale you do not make you are treated like the worst person ever and questioned thoroughly. Tenured sales people are making 5-10K yet they will take your $20 sale bc it is a buddy buddy corporation where it is more important to prove the director is right, over practicing decent workplace behaviors. If you are a bully yourself and can get over being screwed for a couple of months you will do just fine here. Also the company is run by all women,
The nurses there are amazing people, even they are repulsed by the sales people.
Pros
free treatments, nice nurses
Cons
terrible place
Just take the other job
Registered Nurse- Medical Aesthetics (Current Employee) –  Temecula, CAJuly 19, 2019
Since the company has gone corporate it has been treating employees terribly. The people in position of management and authority have no idea how to manage other or build a teamwork. They create a hostile work environment and are currently being sued.
They make you feel easily replaced
Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 13, 2019
Company grew too fast. Lots of shifts with no lunch no breaks and no pay for overtime. Culture is awful. Sales and medical always at odds. Low compensation, not based on experience or qualifications. Treated like a number.
You work hard for your money
PCC (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaMarch 1, 2019
Good commission structure but opportunities go to the most tenured sales people so it’s difficult to build your sales pipeline. You’ll work hard to earn a decent wage and you will have very little opportunity for advancement.
Great place to work and get started within the aesthetics niche.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Burlingame, CAFebruary 19, 2019
Great place to work and get started within the aesthetics niche.
Flexible hours and accommodating management. Autonomy within the clinics yet with clear protocols to follow.
Not just a job, a career
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 29, 2019
Opportunities are available for personal and professional growth. I have worked with the company for over 3 years. As an RN, within this time frame I have recently been promoted to Clinical Trainer and travel amongst 3 different locations within the valley. I feel valued and that my extra work and effort has paid off. The support system for the medical staff is fantastic in the AZ region. LaserAway is continuing to grow based on popularity and demand. Great family owned business to work for!
Pros
Competitive pay
LaserAway
Corporate (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 17, 2019
I've been at LaserAway for a few years now and have seen a tremendous amount of growth in the company and my own career. It's a fun work environment with great people. I've worked for companies in the past that say they value employees, but LaserAway is the first company where I've actually believed it. I'm looking forward to seeing what the next few years will bring.
Pros
great coworkers, room for growth, supportive management, free treatments
Corporate
Corporate (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 15, 2019
I've been with LaserAway for 2 years and in my time here the company has exploded with growth. LaserAway's upper management team is supportive, encouraging and constantly looking for ways to improve company policies/systems. I don't see myself leaving and I'm enjoy working with my coworkers everyday.
Pros
Company culture, pay, teamwork
It's a great place to be!
Patient Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 15, 2019
I had worked at Laseraway in the past, left to another company and ended up coming back. Nothing beats the pay structure and the culture. It's a fast paced, fun environment where you can makes lots of money! Your commission is uncapped so knowing you write your paycheck is always a good feeling! There's an endless amount of leads and the company has great marketing strategies which really helps their employees be successful. The schedule is flexible, you get discounts on treatments and aren't micromanaged. I never hesitate coming into work because I always know it's going to be a good day!
Pros
pay, flexibility, culture
Cons
None! I love it
Excited to go to work!
Regional Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  ArizonaJanuary 15, 2019
LaserAway offers immense growth, competitive pay and work life balance that I was unable to find before. Our upper management team is supportive and willing to coach and attend to employees to support hitting goals. Our marketing is out of this world! We are growing in a very healthy direction and I am so excited to see LA dominate our industry!
Waste of time
Client Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Beverly Hills, CADecember 30, 2018
They put you through a few months of a hiring process to only hire you and schedule you for a few hours a week and only train you during those hours. So it could very take over a month before you've completed a 20 hr. part time working hours.

Lacked communication.
Catty women - total drama
Patient Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  San Francisco Bay Area, CADecember 1, 2018
I do not recommend working at LaserAway. They present the job as the “Director” position of the store. All leads that come in from the call center go directly to one person, you as the patient car coordinator will be hidden at a back desk making calls all day to book your own consults in hopes to close them.

Horrible management. Everything also depends on which location you work at as to how bad you would have it.
Pros
Cons
No health insurance, no maternity leave (with a company of 98% women)
Fun, fast paste work place
Customer Service representative (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 26, 2018
I enjoyed working at Laser Away, because the coworkers were friendly and the management was fair.
They were willing to work around my schedule and payed well.
Love this company!!
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Sherman Oaks, CAMay 9, 2018
This workplace is positive and for a nursing position is very stress free. The hourly rate is great and the coworkers and salespeople are a breeze to work with. I love this job and can’t wait to grow with the company!
Pros
Great work ethic, coworkers, hourly rate, chances for overtime, good customers, good dental and vision insurances!
Cons
Need to wait a year to be a part of the 401k and would like more variety for medical insurance

Ask a question about working or interviewing at LaserAway. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7