LaserAway Employee Reviews

Fun, fast paste work place
Customer Service representative (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 26, 2018
I enjoyed working at Laser Away, because the coworkers were friendly and the management was fair.
They were willing to work around my schedule and payed well.
Love this company!!
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Sherman Oaks, CAMay 9, 2018
This workplace is positive and for a nursing position is very stress free. The hourly rate is great and the coworkers and salespeople are a breeze to work with. I love this job and can’t wait to grow with the company!
Pros
Great work ethic, coworkers, hourly rate, chances for overtime, good customers, good dental and vision insurances!
Cons
Need to wait a year to be a part of the 401k and would like more variety for medical insurance
Productive, fun, organized
Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Beverly Hills, CAMarch 16, 2018
Always woke up happy to go to work
Learned a lot about social marketing
Management was great
Culture was always fun and different
Nothing was really "hard" there were times when it was difficult when given a new task, but once i did it on my own a couple time it was fine.
Most enjoyable was meeting all the social media influencers and organizing special events and photo shoots.
Pros
great people
Awful stay away
Manager/ Sales (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 23, 2018
Worst company they treat you like your nothing but a way for them to make money they don’t care about you! They try to not pay you every chance they get you ideas or concerns don’t matter I made this company so much money and as soon as I was unhappy with how I was being treated I left. This is the worst chain of business I have seen and I have been working in this business for a long time.
Do not work here as a nurse
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaFebruary 22, 2018
Only work for Laser away as an RN if you want to be treated like a replaceable piece of garbage. They will lie to you and do nothing to keep you as a loyal employee. If you’re there long term expect less pay than new nurses. Oh and also expect minimum wage for training.
Big company with a family feel.
RN (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 19, 2018
I love my job. I was hired as an almost-new grad with no experience in aesthetics and interviewed with a couple med spas who didn’t really give training. With LA, I went through 5 days of training and felt confident when I treated my first patient. Learning opportunities are there, you just have to ask for them. The staff is great, I love every nurse I work with. We get great discounts, you’re always busy, and overall the patients are awesome.
Pros
Free treatments, fun staff
Cons
Work weekends
Aweful Company
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 16, 2018
This company is cut-throat, & very stressful to work for.

The amount of shady activity that is aloud to go on there is astounding.

Some of the management/owners are racist, sexist & sneaky.

You can make decent money, if you are willing to cheat all the patients, as you are told to.
Pros
Salary
Cons
No Job Security
Just not the same!!!!
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaJanuary 5, 2018
Horrible pay for nurses! Unpaid lunches!

Company is very cheap in regard to how they treat their clinicians! No bonuses for Christmas! No increase in salary after 6 months.

They took away our paid lunches and have become very irritating in regard to overtime (if you clock in even a few minutes before your shift they call you out on it)...basically you’re working during your lunch without getting the pay because what do you do when someone comes for a consult/s on your lunch or when you’re double booked and it goes into your lunch time. Overall, they need to change how their treating their clinicians since we are the backbone of your company...SHEESH.
No job security and no work life balnce
Sales/Front Desk (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CADecember 12, 2017
You are replaceable! No matter how much money you make for them! It’s a job full of women so hormones flared up everyday! No job security! They will threaten you basically if you are not making any money for them. They will work you more than 8 hours everyday and they don’t give you any lunch breaks or any 10min break. You won’t get any sales and you would have to always compete with the girls that worked their the longest. Worst job I’ve ever had! Very high turn over they always get someone new then they end up leaving usually after 3 Months!
Cons
great co workers terrible pay for nurses.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CANovember 9, 2017
fun and relaxed job however really terrible pay for nurses and horrible benefits. Flexible schedule but the training is not thorough they just throw you in.
Laseraway
Client Services (Former Employee) –  Beverly Hills, CAOctober 25, 2017
*not a hard job, basic & repetitive. Basic training, the rest you have to learn as you go. Workplace is kind of hostile but if you keep quiet & stay to yourself you will be fine. Bonuses are offered but on a seniority basis & issued based on favoritism
Pros
30 mins free txs per month
Cons
management sucks
Beautiful workplace with potential that it has yet to meet
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  LaswerAway ArizonaJune 22, 2017
Where to begin. I was told I'd be working at one location during the interview process and that ended up changing three times. Ended up at a location that was not even discussed as an option to work at. Hired as a PART TIME employee working 5-6 DAYS A WEEK! Makes no sense. Coworkers steal your leads and management is in direct competition with you. Not sure what other sales role that happens with. I've never heard of it. There should be great sales potential, since you get 10% of all of your sales. Not so great when management and coworkers steal your lead and then unless you have a ton of physical proof will you then split the commission like they're doing you a favor. The turnover on the sales team is unreal.
The locations are beautiful and I love that the owners seem really involved. The regional manager was great, but several of the store managers need some major work.

I wouldn't recommend making this your sales career goal, but I'd recommend being a customer
Pros
10% commission of total sales. Getting discounted services.
Cons
Lack of integrity from coworkers. The sales structure/pushy car salesman selling technique
Fun workplace and environment
Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CAMarch 27, 2017
I really like the regional manager, she is always very flexible and understanding. They do their best to accommodate your other work schedule if you have another job, but you should also give a consistent schedule to avoid scheduling issues
Horrible company
Sales (Former Employee) –  Sherman oaks caFebruary 24, 2017
Very strict training and they lie to you . I Was treated like my time had no value. All diiferent doctors its a mess . Not a professional medical practice at all beware!
Receptionist duties (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CASeptember 2, 2016
Laseraway runs a very professional working environment.
Laseraway is a fun and friendly place to be.
It's always exciting to see new clients.
LaserAway
Customer Service Representative- Corporate (Current Employee) –  Beverly Hills, CAAugust 4, 2016
Not a team work atmosphere, everyone is out for themselves and it's like being in high school all over again. Some people decide to not show up to same and not notify anyone of what is going on, very busy, over-priced, little communication, and you work extremely hard for nothing.
Pros
Commission
Cons
everything
Energetic and positive work environment.
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, Arizona and Orange County, CaliforniaNovember 30, 2014
Amazing company to work for. Everyday is highly structured and goal-oriented. Amazing co-workers and management to work for, the hardest part is scheduling and most enjoyable is meeting your goals each day, the people you work with and the patient relationships.
Worst place I've ever worked!
Treatment Consultant  (Former Employee) –  San Diego, Ca June 15, 2013
I was hired on here with the idea I would have a part time position/full time position as a treatment consultant. I have never seen such poor communication within company! I should have known when my interview was rescheduled an hour before or after the fact 3 times beforeI went into training. I was told I was going to be paid for drive time during training then after a total if 5 hours and 3 nights stay 2 1/2 hours away, it was explained it was yet another miscommunication and I won't not be? I had to go out of my way to get my paychecks due to more lack of communication. They only care about new customers and new sales. Once they get that sale the customer is no longer a priority and will be rescheduled due to new clientele they want to make sure gets in for their 1st appt. I was treated like a standby, when I was told I'd have a real position but if I made them enough money calling old clientele getting them sales on new packages. They would let another associate go. They have no morale, no integrity, no communication, poor tactics & in result this is by far the worst and harshest company I've worked for to date! If you go into this job for my position as "treatment consultant" BEWARE!!! You're just a test dummy! Terrible experience...I do have to say the people I worked with were wonderful and can't say a bad thing about them but behind closed doors they all told me the same thing and to watch out. They all had horror stories...but they do pay, thats why their still there...Very disappointed!
Pros
Staff is great
Cons
Worst place I've ever worked!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at LaserAway. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8