LaserFiche Employee Reviews

software engineer
Software Engineer III (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAAugust 22, 2018
I have worked here for 4 years before I had to leave because of relocation. Work/life balance was important to me and I (and mostly everyone else I knew) was given flexibility of when I arrived and left-- as long as I got my work done and didn't miss the planning meetings.

Pay was decent. But flexibility mattered most for me. There were always events to celebrate software releases. I could always walk up to my manager. She didn't have an office. She was just three desks away.

Lunch is at the on-site cafeteria. One less thing I have to worry about. Are the cons. Sure but overall the pros outweigh the cons. This was my 4th job. I've seen worse. This by far was the best place. So I can't complain.

I'm part of the planning meetings so I had a say to where my team was headed.
Pros
lunch, 401k, flexible hours, part of planning process
Cons
not much I would complain about
I love this place!
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CAAugust 14, 2018
Having worked at two other jobs, this is by far the best of them all. I have flexible work schedule. I get to work with new technology. My manager and her manager are both supportive.

I work in a team of 5. Everyone is first class. We all get together to push through tough roadblocks.
Pros
Lunch
Cons
No smoking area
Hostile Enviroment
Employee (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAAugust 15, 2017
Upper management constantly fights with one another over who has more authority. This is also a company that is too set in their was to make cultural changes. They promote work life balance, but they expect you to eat, sleep and breath Laserfiche.
Company pays for your lunch to be catered everyday, but they make you take lunch at noon everyday. They do not want you taking your food elsewhere. Plus, you must take a full hour.
As a salaried employee, you must sign in and out. If you do not make 40 hours that week, maybe you work 39, you will be told that you need to some how make up for the hour. But if you work a 50 hour work week the week before, you will hear nothing for the work you put in - it is expected.
If you call in sick or arrive late due to an appointment, you will be asked for a doctors note.
Compensation is terrible, but the benefits are nice.
The turn over rate here is unreal. Most last a few months - if that.
Great place to work - software engineer
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CAMay 30, 2017
This place is so great that I recommend two other friends. The work is interesting and challenging. I work around 9 hours a day keeping a very predictable schedule (even during releases).

Management encourages exploration and testing out new ideas and methods. My coworkers are very helpful when I need help since i'm the new guy. But another person is starting next week so i'm up one rung already.

Some of the meetings get long. 401k is great.

I like how my ideas got into he product. Even after being there for 9 months.
Pros
Free lunch, healhcare, 401k
Professional and fun Atmosphere. Many great perks in the company as well.
Shipping Assistant(Manage the Shipping Department) (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CAApril 11, 2017
When working at Laserfiche you learn to quickly adapt new skills everyday. The company expects you to know the product and also the reasons to why someone should use our product over a competitor. Laserfiche is like having a big family in your work space. Just know if you decide to try Laserfiche that you will have to learn alot of new people in such a short time and that you may forget some important people who walk around sometimes.
Good job
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAJanuary 19, 2017
When I needed a job, they gave me a job. It was great. I moved up quickly, and took on a lot of responsibility. The pay was good for what it was, but not enough for what I needed to make.
You can do better
SOFTWARE ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAOctober 26, 2016
Lonely, unfulfilling job maintaining legacy software in the most boring city in Southern California.

Arrogant boss, sales-oriented company with no engineering culture, open-office layout prone to loud noises, no perks beyond catered lunch (which is always fast food), terrible location near fast-food restaurants and beggars on the street.

Terrible company. Don't rot there. You can do better.
Below Market Value Compensation
Interviewed - did not take the job (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAOctober 24, 2016
Hence the reason for hiring recent grads - because they don't want to pay market value for job openings! They don't pay attention to the value & experience you bring to the table. And that's incredibly sad for a company that has potential.
Pros
Nice employees
Cons
Management is a mess, low compensation for all job openings
Great at First, Not So Much
Solutions Manager (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAOctober 3, 2016
Nothing but love when you first arrive, but slowly you find this place is cursed with nepotism and internal bickering. The current ceo is the past VP of Sales, who was married to the previous CEO, who passed away. Nothing but family on the bored. Upper management seems to have a "cultural and ethnic" preference.
Great Place If You Need A Quick Job Right Out Of College
Vertical Team Member (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CAJune 17, 2016
Excitement is lost on day 7, then everything goes downhill from there. If you need a job while searching for another job this is a great place, if you're right out of college and want to practice your skills then this is a great place. Development team is the only progress team that's paid well. No respect toward employees whatsoever. Upper mangement pretends that they care.
Pros
If you get the work done you can leave early, Basic Healthcare benefits
Cons
6 Paid Holidays, Upper Mangement, Disrespectful Towards Employees
Very abusive to employers verbally and mentally
RECEPTIONIST/ ELECTRONIC FILING CLERK (Former Employee) –  Paterson, NJOctober 30, 2014
Very pleasant when answering incoming calls from customers.
Learned how to be very pleasant to everyone no matter what creed they are.
Management never worked on the outside with any public, DON'T know how to treat employees with respect. kindness.
My co-workers was the reason why i stayed so long, I'AM a team player worked very well with everyone.
Nothing hard about the job, management needs to improve ASAP!
Working with the customers over the phone assisting them with all there needs,getting the correct answer they needed in a timely manner.
Productive and fun work place with a ping pong table
Solutions Engineer/Technical Support Engineer (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAFebruary 18, 2014
LaserFiche is a relatively young company full of very bright and energetic employees. The opportunity gave me to chance to openly communicate with representatives from multiple business fields such as government, finance, and education. They also included multiple trainings every month to enhance ourselves as professionals and to be well rounded employees.
Very open to hiring new grads
Manager (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CAJanuary 8, 2014
You get to interact daily with clientele thru emails and calls. We get a chance to work with different departments from clientele's sales team to CEOs. They offer a very competitive 401k matching and free catered lunch everyday.
Pros
Free Lunch and great 401k matching
Cons
Micromanaging
Great Place For Recent College Grads
Inside Sales / Account Management (Former Employee) –  Long BeachJuly 3, 2012
Very much a cubical style work environment. You have a certain amount of call that your required to make a day. Extremely high quotas of regional managers. Nobody really makes a lot of money unless you share the same last name of the owner. But if you just graduated its an awesome place to start. You'll learn a lot about technology and what life is like in the real word. Do your time 2-3 years and move on to something better.
Pros
great learning, good job security, nice benifits.
Cons
boring people, boring product