LasikPlus Employee Reviews

4.2
Ratings breakdown
A typical day at work
Managed Care Consultant (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJune 20, 2018
Once arriving at work I sit down get logged into my system and check my emails from the previous night that I may have missed. I begin to take calls and assist patients with their insurance benefits for lasik surgery.
Poor Management
Technician (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 30, 2017
The job itself is easy if you have prior background in ophthalmology. However, the company values only its doctors. Does not value employees. Poor management. Claims to be drama free, but creates and maintains poor work environment. Can be hostile work environment dependent on if the leadership team values you. No work/life balance. Expectancy to work rigorously for long periods of times. Very little support from Center Director or upper management. If you voice any opposing opinion or discrepancy, expect to be targeted.
Pros
Bonus structure
Cons
Lack of good communication/management puts employees in bad positions, Social media driven in form of bribes to patient, Number driven to fault, Lack of quality patient care
The Best Company Culture
HR Administrator (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 22, 2017
I've been with LasikPlus for close to 2 years now. I can proudly say this has been the best company I've had the pleasure to work for. I get to work with co-workers who care about each other in addition to an awesome management team who invest in my success and growth in the company. Best of all, a CEO who is so involved and cares about the company and every employee. We have the best company culture I've ever been a part of.
I am excited I get to be a part of a company that changes the lives of our patients by helping them see without glasses or contacts.
Pros
great people, great management, great benefits
Cons
We are growing at such a fast pace that it can be exhausting to keep up.
Company Exudes Positivity & Growth
Partner Network Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 21, 2017
I have been employed with Lasikplus for over 10 years. I have never worked for a more encouraging, positive, growth promoting company in my life! They offer additional bonus opportunities for compensation. And the CEO himself is readily available to discuss concerns or ideas. This environment makes going to work easy and you feel good about your career!
Pros
Bonuses, company support
Cons
Limited growth opportunities at center level
Amazing place to work with terrifice management
Ophthalmologist (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, KSAugust 15, 2017
Imagine how cool it is to work in a place that transforms lives everyday! The LASIK procedure is a miracle of technology that eliminates glasses and contacts. It is a procedure that really sells itself because of the life-changing effect of having perfect vision! So working in a LASIK Plus office is a tremendously positive place. You really feel like you are doing something worthwhile and the team is like family. This company has an excellent infrastructure with responsive management. They provide a generous compensation, benefits and vacation package. I have been a surgeon at LASIK Plus for over 10 years and love working there.
Pros
Family atmosphere, positive environment, drama-free, effective, excellent culture.
Upper Management Position
Director (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 14, 2017
I have worked at Lasikplus thru a lot of transitions but the owner and management could not be more involved in personal growth and development of their leaders. Working with world class surgeons, doctors, and leaders has never been so easy!
Pros
Bonuses and staff incentives
Cons
Could use more staff and recruiting can be difficult
Great part time job!
RN (Former Employee) –  Independence, OHJune 6, 2017
Had Lasik surgery then ended up getting a job here some time after that. Experience both as a patient and as a staff member were great! The surgeon, nurses, optometrists, and staff always did an outstanding job and no matter how busy it was, it always ran pretty smoothly. Loved it!
Pros
Cons
None!
CEO that cares.
Associate (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 26, 2017
LasikPlus is a great place to be!

Starting with this company it was very refreshing to work for a company where the CEO knows your name and cares about you. Management is consistently checking up on you and has good communication.
Pros
Company wide bonus structure, benefits
Changing patients lives in a positive team environment
Center Director (Current Employee) –  Oakdale, MNApril 26, 2017
Working at LasikPlus is a challenging, but very rewarding career. We get to change the lives of patients and see the smiles on their faces after they just had their procedure. Great team atmosphere. Great support system at home office. Excellent teamwork and work environment.
Pros
Fun, great management, Free Lasik, great bonus structure, team environment, supportive and friendly staff.
Misleading reviews/discriminating mentality
COA (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 18, 2017
HR has rigid expectations. No tolerance for employees with small kids. During interview and hiring process there's a lot of discrimination against prospects coming from specific companies. Pay is somehow lousy and sale requirements are over the edge. Expect your social media accounts to be used for company marketing constantly! High turn over.. employees don't last over 6 months.
Pros
Decent quality of patients
Cons
Foony attitude.
Great Company! Family owned again.
Certified Ophthalmic Technician (Current Employee) –  United StatesJanuary 7, 2017
Great company to work for now that they are back to being family owned. Benefits are great and compensation average. The corporate office team and upper management are great, always there when you need them.
My only complaint is the actual hiring of Center Directors. They should be required to actually work, not just fool upper management into thinking they do. They do the least amount of work but reap all the benefits of the teams hard work.
If your reading this and applying for a "Center Director" position, go for it. It's an easy job and you get a great salary and quarterly bonuses. No experience or college degree required. Just hire a good team to keep your numbers high and sit back and enjoy the paycheck.
Pros
We make patients happy every day! Good hours. A great corporate team always willing to help!
Cons
Center Directors are lazy and not held accountable for actually helping the team out daily, sitting at the front desk all day shouldn't count
Great Place
Surgical Technician (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYDecember 20, 2016
Great team and great doctors. The experience gained was invaluable and the great starting pay didn't hurt either. It was a pleasure to work here.
A company in transition
Patient Advocate (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILMarch 6, 2015
The leadership seems to be focused on sales as opposed to medicine. Employees that understand the magnitude of surgery are trying to maintain a level of healthcare excellence.
Great place to work with a relly amazing management team.
Bilingual Customer Service Consultant (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHFebruary 1, 2014
A typical day at work consists of clocking in and taking phone calls from patients and assist in scheduling appointments and making sure that they have a great customer service experience. The management team at LasikPlus is one true definition of what team work really is they are always on top and always finding different solutions on how our team can increase our month to date goals and they always provide feedback to each and every single co-worker. My co-workers are very outgoing and dedicated to their job and are always there to help out if needed. The hardest part of the job is during summer months were it's slower and makes it harder to meet the expected monthly goals. The most enjoyable part of the job is having the opportunity to assist with the marketing departments for advertising projects.
Pros
Very felxible and great team work.
Cons
No vacation pay or holiday pay for part-time employees.