Latah Sanitation, Inc.

What people like
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Supportive environment
  • Clear sense of purpose

Do your job and go home. Attitude

I enjoyed my time working with the crew. Learning bits and pieces that you cannot learn elsewhere. Overall the day to day people you work with are great. Management wise had huge struggles while I worked there. Sadly as a crew member most of your opinions are listened to but if it comes into action it was never your idea. If HR or owner does not like the way you carry your self or if a mistake happens, you are almost instantly written up with out even a chance to object or explain.

Pros

Good pay, good benefits, great coworkers, Tim rocks

Cons

As forementioned HR and upper management have there own separate ways...

Disorganized- Lacks Professionalism

Courts a candidate, states to the candidate that they are exactly what they are needing for the position, and provides the candidate with an offer. The candidate responds with questions and begins negotiations for compensation. Rather than responding to the candidate, the company ghosts the candidate. If the company does not have the financial means available to compensate a position to level of experience in which they are looking, they should respectfully communicate that to the candidate rather than unprofessionally ghosting the candidate. The candidate would have respected the financial constraints of the organization. Also, based on the treatment, disorganization, and lack of met deadlines related to the expected turnaround times for communication, it appears the organization is understaffed and learning the ropes to running a business. It is of most hope that the organization looks to continue to develop their business experience to afford their staff a great place to work. Additionally, it is of upmost respect that the candidate wishes the organization great success in acquiring the needed talent to push the organization in a positive direction. Update: Heard back and was informed that their email account was reorganized and some how the emails were placed in junk. Candidate responded asking then if the position was still available to be informed it was. The candidate then asked what would be the start date to be ghosted yet again. It is unfortunate that rather than taking constructive feedback and responding accordingly, they ghost candidates. I still wish them the -

Good place to work. Good people to work with. Fun job. Manager is encouraging and helpful. Would definitely go back to work there if given the opportunity.

Pros

Cons

Hard work

Amazing company

Work-life balanceLSI is truly an amazing company to work for, hard work but totally worth it!!Job security and advancementJust never fail or deny a drug test and your job will be securedOverallLatah sanitation is hands down the best job I’ve ever had and I would for this job to anyone at any time that needs an amazing job and the people that you work with are amazing!

Good coworkers

The mid level supervisors are probably the best in the field hands down. They understand employee needs and are willing to work around and genuinely care about what your concerns are. However HR will find any reason to get rid of you if you don't fall within their political views. two vastly different cultures. If you can mix them or steer well clear you will do fine. Trucks are old and dilapidated, consistently breaking down. Get ready to not know what you will be doing that day but sometimes that was sort of fun. Good place to get your foot into the CDL world. Upper managment also likes to overextend the company which is a good challenge but often puts undue stress on mid level and lower level employees.

Pros

Meet a lot of hard working truck drivers and operators.

Cons

Hr

Job seekers rely on your experience.

Show up and do your job and you should be fine

They can be family oriented. They talk a good talk about being a team, but some team members are only out for themselves. Management is non communicative. Hardest part of the job is the non communication. Best part of job is interaction with customers.

Productive, fun and fast pace work environment

I atypical day working at latah sanitation includes showing up to work, doing your job take your lunch and visiting with all types of great employees who are fun to be around then you get back to work and clock out when it is time to go. It is always a good place to learn and cross train in multiple areas, The most enjoyable part for me was operating the machinery it was very fun and informative.

Supportive, progressive Employer with family values

I loved working for Latah Sanitation! Management goes out of their way to make sure employees feel heard and supported. You are made to feel like you are allowed to learn and grow and in general everyone is easy going and a lot of fun to be around. The company is growing and advancing into a more modern structure to the benefit of the community and employees, so expect and welcome the changes. With LSI you can expect fair treatment and reasonable flexibility.

Pros

Good Benefits, Pto, Good Management

Solid place to work

Benefits are awesome. Work is more or less self supervised. Coworkers are great. It can take awhile to get raises but as long as you do your job in a timely manner without breaking things theyll come.

Chaos

Had good benefits and hours but structure is nonexistent. Inconsistent decisions make for a stressful work environment. It's chaotic when you are constantly changing directions.

Family-oriented local employer with great benefits and awesome co-workers!

I love working at this company! Employees are great, management is invested in the success of the business as a whole and keeping up employee moral. The health benefits, retirement matching and paid time off benefits are just a few of the ways I feel like this company cares about me.

Pros

Benefits, Pto, Training available

Like Family.

Latah Sanitation was a great place to work if you don't mind getting dirty once in a while they treat you fair, and demand that you give 100% when they're on the job. I fill like I let them down when I left.

Unbalance, poor management

Poor management , no communication, family owned and biased toward their family. Will change job description without notice.

Pros

Lots of usable material comes through recycling center

Cons

Lots of 'no lunches'. Very poor management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Latah Sanitation, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Latah Sanitation, Inc. Reviews by Location

• Latah Sanitation, Inc.
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?