Latham & Watkins LLP Employee Reviews

Hard place to work
Litigation/Antitrust/Corporate Paralegal (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 6, 2018
I don't feel that I can adequately review this job since I worked there so long ago. You were definitely compensated for working long hours and you had to work long hours. I learned a lot working there.
Great place to work!
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Francisco Bay Area, CAMarch 7, 2018
Latham is a wonderful place to work. They care about their employees, are generous with compensation and benefits, believe in rewarding your efforts and offer lots of extras. The employees are fun to work with and make the day go by quickly.
One Sided
Technology Support Analyst (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 26, 2018
Latham is a great place to work but they will not let you remote or from another other office but mgmt and upper personnel can work remote as much as they like.
Top notch law firm
Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 8, 2018
Great firm that provides junior associates with the opportunity to try a number of different practice groups. Multiple offices and opportunities for advancement within offices and practice groups.
Productive and fun place to work
Technology Support Specialist Intern (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 1, 2018
Latham and Watkins really showed me that workplace culture is key. It was a relaxed setting that offered a lot of room to grow and learn. The balance of working hard and having fun is right there.
Pros
Lots of workshops and celebrations
Cons
Opportunities can sometimes be scarce
Chairperson is doing an amazing job!
Global Benefits Specialist/Ergonomic Specialist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 28, 2018
I enjoy working with my teammates/co workers. Chairperson or CEO is doing an amazing job with the partners and associates. There is a disconnect with management and staff- Poor communication!
Pros
Paid time off
Cons
poor communication/ low salary increase
Professional office with a high call volumn and great work hours.
Receptionist/ Switchboard Operator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 22, 2018
Professional environment. To work in a high call volumn area. Fair management . Very diverse . Difficulty when calls are dropped.When work day is completed without any complains.
Pros
Professional staff. Gave great bonus . Flexible hours.
Top notch law firm
Corporate Associate (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 4, 2018
Hard work, non-stop hours, but top of the line legal work. Good experience working on the biggest deals in the corporate space, learning from the best in the business.
Nice enviroment
Global Technology Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 31, 2017
very clean enviroment
comfortable furniture
current technology
nice cafe
good parking
very secure
nice location
plenty of local food choices
good location
Pros
great pay
Cons
bad management
Good place.
Legal Information Processor (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 20, 2017
Loved working there. Good manager. Great incentives for staff. Great bonus. Great flexibility with work hours. I worked several different shifts as my personal circumstances changed.
Pros
Bonus
Comfortable and safe Environment
Legal Secretary (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 26, 2017
Provided administrative support to three associates specializing in Real Estate, Health Care and Environmental. Transcribed and proofread materials from notes, tapes and drafts. Drafted correspondence, minutes, real estate and finance documents and general forms. Arranged meetings and conference calls. Ordered meals, refreshments, and various equipment, as requested. Made and coordinated travel arrangements. Kept attorneys apprised of mail and phone messages. Prepared check requests for reimbursement of expenses. Arranged for faxing, copying and messenger service. Set up and maintained chronological, client, and report files. Operated PC computer and printer for text and data storage and retrieval.
Fast paced and family friendly firm
Legal Secretary (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 3, 2017
My position consisted of typing correspondence, setting up meetings and travel, reimbursements, screening calls, setting up conference calls, opening and sorting mail, entering time daily and ensuring all month end deadlines were met. In addition drafted audit letters for attorney review and edits, requested conflict checks to open new matters. Also, I processed over one hundred client invoices monthly. I like the fact the firm is family friendly..
Pros
Staff Appreciation lasted for a week with different events every day
Cons
The firm does not have a good policy for inclement weather procedures.
Unorganized global firm without a clear direction for the future
Business Development Specialist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 26, 2017
Management is unorganized without a clear direction for the future. The type of work seems irrelevant and unimportant due to the lack of urgency or need for projects.
Excellent
Legal Secretary/Attorney Support Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NY 10022September 14, 2017
My responses speak for itself. I left Latham due to retirement, but I am interesting in working part-time in Nassau County. My requirement is not necessarily limited to a law firm.
Pros
Excellent culture
Cons
Great work place amd attorneys
Legal Secretary (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 6, 2017
Although I was downsized I would like to work at Latham again. Everyone in the firm always respected you and it was a great place to work. I always went to work with a smile and finished the day with a smile which speaks for itself. The Firm was more personable.
Pros
Great location and a great Firm.
Cons
Professional environment, no much room to advance once hired
Practice Support Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 27, 2017
Professional and courteous big law firm to work for. Management and training options were superior; work-home life balance was fair but you are expected to be available and respond to emails 12-16 hrs/day and weekends. There are times you have to work evenings and weekends depending upon work request demands from attorneys. I enjoyed working there when compared to most other positions I have held.
Pros
training, subsidized cafe, reasonable pay and benefits
Cons
not much of a work-life balance, and you are a cog in the wheel.
Great Place To Work
Operations Lead (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 24, 2017
Latham takes care of their employees and trains and their managers to listen and care for their teams. Great benefits, clean offices, and wonderful staffing.
High respected & well deserved law firm.
Legal Secretary (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 7, 2017
I was very happy and confident in my position at this firm. My hope was to retire from there. If I had another opportunity to work for Latham & Watkins, I would certainly accept it.
Pros
Too many to mention
Cons
Can be stressful but its part of the business that I could handle
It's the Best of Law Firms
Librarian (Former Employee) –  Washington City, DCAugust 3, 2017
Excellent! the Ivy League of law firms. Voluntary exit, however, as Library Dept. Mgt. (clique-bullying) was far below Latham & Watkins high standard.
Pros
Thoroughly Professional. Flexible, Work-Life balance, benefits, competitive salary, excellent catering
Cons
DC Library/Information Resources Department
Excellent Firm
(Paralegal) - General Litigation & Anti-trust (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 23, 2017
Latham & Watkins is a top notch firm with a great culture. Pay is excellent. Staff is very supportive and the partners and associates are willing to take you under their wing.
Pros
Excellent Pay; Great Culture
Cons
Long Hours, but only when cases require