Latham & Watkins LLP Employee Reviews

Great legal team to work with...
Sr. Software Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 4, 2018
Monitoring and maintaining the computer systems and networks within an organization, troubleshooting network problems; escalating problems to tier 3 or higher.
Provided technical assistance and support for incoming queries and issues related to remote access, computer systems, software, and hardware.
Cons
No free parking
Great company to work for
Human Resources and Attorney Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 28, 2018
Terrific culture and people across the Firm. Great leadership and smart people. Staff are treated fairly and well respected. Very professional office environment.
Top-tier work in a collegial environment
Senior Associate, Corporate Finance (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 25, 2018
Working at Latham was an enriching experience. The partners were generally available to mentor and teach associates -- it is a truly open-door firm. Great place to work!!
Wonderful work place.
Litigation Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 21, 2018
Great place to work. Human Resource makes it a priority to get to know employees and are available when needed. Upbeat, fun and hard working people. Team work.
Not an enjoyable place to work
Legal Secretary III (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 21, 2018
I supported a tax partner and two other associates and the communication left something to be desired. I learned that you should never feel that you cant lose your job because private industry has less job security. yes it was my first time being laid off with no notice that it was happening. The culture was very conservative. The ppl I supported made it almost impossible to work for them due to the lack of wanting to communicate. the most enjoyable part of the job was the fact that I was paid a lot in salary. But I learned that money/salary is not everything. Piece of mind can mean a lot in the working world and when you have that you want to do more and you perform better.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Management was not good
Fast paced environment eased with incredible benefits, competitive salary
Legal Secretary (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 20, 2018
I worked as a legal secretary in the Washington, DC office. The training is decent, but be ready to learn quickly. Many of the younger attorneys are less reliant on secretary assistance, so the attorney to secretary ratio is high. One secretary is expected to support 5 to 8 attorneys of their own, plus the attorneys of any neighboring secretaries who happen to be out. Busy and fast paced is an understatement- there is never a dull moment. Overtime is usually available for those who want it. The salary, benefits, and firm perks (like free Friday morning bagels and doughnuts, fun holiday events, free gym, and occasional jeans' days) are all part of what makes Latham interesting. They also have a pie eating contest around Thanksgiving. Overall, a good place to work if you don't mind being very busy.
Pros
Salary, benefits, free breakfast Fridays, employee discounts, some very friendly attorneys
Cons
Lousy OT approval policy, some arrogant and condescending attorneys, secretaries expected to support too many attorneys
I accepted the job as a legal secretay because of the overtime, but my real profession was and still remains Administrative Management.
Legal Secretary (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 1, 2018
A typical day at work: Extremely busy.
Good training.
No comment about management.
Mixed cultures.
Nothing about my job was hard. In fact, a partner once told me that I could do my job with one eye closed and one hand tied behind my back.
The most enjoyable part of my job was leaving to go home at the end of the day.
Productive and a fun place to work
Intern (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 7, 2018
A typical day at work consists of assisting attorneys, paralegals and staff with any technology incidents regarding their laptops, computer/desktop, printer and/or Blackberry/iOS devices. I learned how to setup/image/configure computers/laptops, install communication apps on Blackberry/iOS devices and how to troubleshoot all devices and pieces of technology including the printers. Besides the meetings and cases being held, they have fun events throughout the firm and this firm embraces diversity well.
I loved this law firm
Legal Secretary (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 3, 2018
Latham & Watkins was the best place to work. I worked for the best attorneys. They were amazing professionals and they were a joy to work for. I learned quite a bit from them.
Latham & Watkins
Executive Assistant to Senior Partner (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 28, 2018
Was a wonderful place to work. I am sorry I had to leave due to my husband job relocation. Longevity is truly a key work for most of the secretarial force.
Hard place to work
Litigation/Antitrust/Corporate Paralegal (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 6, 2018
I don't feel that I can adequately review this job since I worked there so long ago. You were definitely compensated for working long hours and you had to work long hours. I learned a lot working there.
Great teamwork environment
Billing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 5, 2018
Surrounded by genuine and caring people. Great teamwork, we use each other to talk through situations, to stay sane after a rough day. Because of the fast-paced environment, there can be some tougher days, but I do believe that comes along with any career path.
Great place to work!
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Francisco Bay Area, CAMarch 7, 2018
Latham is a wonderful place to work. They care about their employees, are generous with compensation and benefits, believe in rewarding your efforts and offer lots of extras. The employees are fun to work with and make the day go by quickly.
Top notch law firm
Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 8, 2018
Great firm that provides junior associates with the opportunity to try a number of different practice groups. Multiple offices and opportunities for advancement within offices and practice groups.
Productive and fun place to work
Technology Support Specialist Intern (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 1, 2018
Latham and Watkins really showed me that workplace culture is key. It was a relaxed setting that offered a lot of room to grow and learn. The balance of working hard and having fun is right there.
Pros
Lots of workshops and celebrations
Cons
Opportunities can sometimes be scarce
Chairperson is doing an amazing job!
Global Benefits Specialist/Ergonomic Specialist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 28, 2018
I enjoy working with my teammates/co workers. Chairperson or CEO is doing an amazing job with the partners and associates. There is a disconnect with management and staff- Poor communication!
Pros
Paid time off
Cons
poor communication/ low salary increase
Professional office with a high call volumn and great work hours.
Receptionist/ Switchboard Operator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 22, 2018
Professional environment. To work in a high call volumn area. Fair management . Very diverse . Difficulty when calls are dropped.When work day is completed without any complains.
Pros
Professional staff. Gave great bonus . Flexible hours.
Top notch law firm
Corporate Associate (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 4, 2018
Hard work, non-stop hours, but top of the line legal work. Good experience working on the biggest deals in the corporate space, learning from the best in the business.
Nice enviroment
Global Technology Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 31, 2017
very clean enviroment
comfortable furniture
current technology
nice cafe
good parking
very secure
nice location
plenty of local food choices
good location
Pros
great pay
Cons
bad management
Good place.
Legal Information Processor (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 20, 2017
Loved working there. Good manager. Great incentives for staff. Great bonus. Great flexibility with work hours. I worked several different shifts as my personal circumstances changed.
Pros
Bonus