Latham Pool Products Employee Reviews

Great Management
Warranty Specialist (Current Employee) –  787 Watervliet Shaker Rd, Latham NYAugust 31, 2018
I had a great management team. Just a dull office environment. Other then that, great coworkers and management. We all got along very well. Great customer service from everyone here as well.
September 4, 2018

We appreciate your review. Thank you for sharing your department's experience.

For the most part
Sewing Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Lindon, UTAugust 15, 2018
For the part it was decent. Fast paced fun people to work with as far as your line goes. Can’t say anything good about management there so I won’t say anything.
Pros
Blank
Cons
Literally everything from the top down.
September 4, 2018

While we are glad to see you enjoyed the working environment with your colleagues, we would have appreciated the opportunity to discuss your other concerns. Management is committed to open communication at all levels.

Outstanding Experience
Administrator (Current Employee) –  New YorkAugust 15, 2018
Great company with a growing culture. Senior leadership is supportive of new ideas and initiatives. Would highly recommend working for Latham Pool Products.
Pros
Benefits, Working Environment, Culture, etc.
September 4, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your review. We are growing as you noted, and we encourage our employees to continuously bring forth new ideas to support that growth. It's great to see that you are engaged!

Very fast paced, quick thinker
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Dix, ILJuly 28, 2018
enter orders, do any purchasing necessary, make sure trucks are loaded and ready to roll out. Deal with pool dealers on each delivery.
Hardest part of job was doing the repairs. I was also in charge of 13 states for arranging repairs. Very demanding job but a rewarding job.
Work with truckers for on time deliveries. Many conference calls on repairs, safety, budgets, etc.
Pros
good people
Cons
very fast paced
September 4, 2018

Thank you for sharing your experience while you were at our former Dix Plant. We remain truly appreciative of the great work that was done at that plant and the positive impact the team there had on our Fiberglass pool growth.

Too many hours , poor management
General Laborer (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INJune 26, 2018
They make you work mandatory overtime 10 hours a day, including saturdays. And then push you to sign up to work on Sunday’s early in the AM. Also very understaffed , they will make you do whatever they don’t have someone to do. Summer is the worst possible time to work for them.
Pros
Breaks, decent pay
Cons
Too many hours, underemployed
September 4, 2018

Thank you for the feedback. We encourage you to bring your concerns to your Shift Supervisor, the Plant Manager and/or the Human Resources Director at your location so we discuss in greater detail with you!

Growing Company
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Lindon, UTMay 16, 2018
Overall, Latham cares of its employees and is doing a great job moving forward with the company's rapid growth. Diverse workforce. Fair wages, Comprehensive Benefits package, generous vacation
& personal time off package. I enjoy the flexible work/life balance.
September 4, 2018

Your review is truly appreciated and captures what we strive for all of our employees to have as their experience. Thank you for making the time to share your thoughts!

Below average standards and lack of advancement oppertunities
NA (Former Employee) –  Latham, NYMay 7, 2018
High volume processing
Old computer software systems
Lack of streamlining and lack of innovating new techniques and processing
Management was inexperienced and unproductive
Hard work is unappreciated and overlooked
Pros
Free end of month lunches
Cons
Poor Managment
September 4, 2018

We regret not having the opportunity to address your concerns while you were employed at Latham. We are committed to open communication at all levels and encourage our employees to bring concerns and ideas/solutions forward.

Company on the raise
Developer (Current Employee) –  Latham, NYApril 11, 2018
Great leadership, many initiatives to make the company a better place to work. Good work environment, competitive pay.

Could offer more vacation days
Pros
Free breakfast on Fridays
Great Place to Work
Choose not to disclose (Current Employee) –  Latham, NYApril 11, 2018
Latham's CEO sets the tone for the organization. It is one that is entrepreneurial, high-energy and engaged. Employees are rewarded well for their hard work and commitment to the company. Many great programs are provided for fun and downtime. The culture is one that I am excited to be a part of!
Pros
Engaged leadership, competitive pay and benefits, fun environment, flexibility when needed, rewarding work
Cons
Sometimes challenged by the distance between locations.
Healthy, engaging work environment filled with exceptional and friendly staff
Pool Liner Designer (Current Employee) –  Latham, NYApril 9, 2018
Being a member of Latham Pool Products is both a challenging and rewarding experience with many reasons to keep you working towards greatness and seeking your true potential. Workdays include fulfilling a design quota which is surpassed by the many skilled and talented designers who occupy neighboring cubicles. Days are broken up by one hour breaks where employees are free to use the kitchen provided by the facility to either store or prepare their lunches.
Many techniques have been learned and utilized by either self teaching or the guidance of my numerous peers. I apply these methods to exceed company standards, which is a main part of the challenge and enjoyment of being a part of the team as well as building individual character.
Pros
Plenty of overtime, Holidays, Bonuses
April 11, 2018

Your review captures a key part of our culture here at Latham: challenging and rewarding! Thank you for making time to tell others about your experience as a valued member of our Design team!

Fun caring environment to work in.
Shipping Manager (Former Employee) –  Rockingham, NCFebruary 6, 2018
Excellent place to work great managers and advancement opportunities. Excellent pay and benefits. All the employees get along, they were all the time catering to the employees dinners etc.
February 27, 2018

Your feedback is appreciated! Although we regret that you have moved onto another opportunity, we are delighted to see that your experience was positive. This is what we strive to provide every single day!

Awful place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  NYFebruary 2, 2018
Management only cares about themselves. They have no idea how unhappy every employee is because our manager is controlling and only thinks her ideas are the best and correct ones. There is NO room for growth. DO NOT WORK HERE. They are so insulting with how much knowledge you actually have but they make you do training on things you've already been doing for years and then actually give you homework!
February 27, 2018

We appreciate your feedback and encourage you to discuss your concerns with your manager or Human Resources. The training being provided is to help our CS team as we are making many changes/efficiencies on the front end of the business and want to make sure you have the tools you need.

Liked this job for the most part
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Lindon, UTNovember 13, 2017
I really liked this job but left because I wanted to try something that I could have a career in. My boss was demanding but respectful. I enjoyed my co-workers and the actual work.
December 6, 2017

We appreciate you taking the time to leave your review. While we regret that you moved on from Latham, we certainly support your career progression and wish you all the best!

Consistent Workflow
Customer Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CASeptember 12, 2017
Job was pretty consistent very busy at times. Management was great and a pleasure to work with. Downside of job was pay. The hourly rate DID NOT match the work duties AT ALL.
October 4, 2017

We appreciate your input and your positive experience with management. Our compensation program is currently being reviewed and enhanced, as we are committed to providing competitive wages and benefits to our staff.

Very deceptive hiring practices, they don't hire racial minorities
Order Entry/Customer Service Rep-Entered (Former Employee) –  Latham, NYSeptember 6, 2017
Very deceptive hiring practices. Over staffed and did not inform new hires that their jobs were based on their seasonal needs. Very little ethnic diversity and you know what that means for people of color.
September 14, 2017

We appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts. Latham Pool Products is committed to the principles of diversity and equal employment opportunity. We remain proud of our diverse workforce throughout our entire organization in the US and in Canada. We regret to hear about your experience.

Good to work for
10 operator beader (Former Employee) –  NYAugust 8, 2017
A good place to work benefits are all not bad work hours are good. Management is ok but it canbe stressful at times but all in all not bad my day at work was good the hardest part of my job was people calling in an making it harder for the rest of co - workers
Pros
Free lunches now an then
Cons
Very competitive
September 7, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and for your efforts while you were here at Latham!

Cut throat upper management/ Manipulative and deceptive
ORDER ENTRY PERSONNEL (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 7, 2017
This company will hire you on as a full time employee and when they are finished with their rush during liner season or cover season, just depends on when you were hired to cover them, they will cut you stating it had nothing to do with you and that it is a strictly business decision, when in actuality they knew they would do this when they hired you. They are not communicative and very much run the business getting the lower end employees to do the work so the upper management can get the bonuses for that work while they terminate you giving you a weak separation package so that you won't sue them.
They don't care about their employees or their families. They will run a con on you and cut you when you least expect it.
You have to put up with yelling and cussing from the staff because they are so frustrated with their work, and whispering gossip from the base staff that stays around year after year while watching people come in and out during rush seasons being duped and conned into thinking they have a future with this company.
Pros
Cons
Everything I just wrote
October 4, 2017

Your comments are appreciated. I am sorry that HR and management didn't have an opportunity to address your concerns while you were with Latham.

Good job
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  IndianaJune 22, 2017
Not really anything to complain about good job had fun working their good people very nice good work environment safe work environment very nice people
Pros
Fun work
Cons
No raise
September 7, 2017

Thanks for sharing your experience while you were at Latham!

Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Latham, NYJune 2, 2017
I really enjoyed my time and service with Latham. The people you work with is friendly and family depending. The customers are great. The hours are family friendly.
Pros
free luches
Cons
high cost in health care
September 7, 2017

We truly appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback!

Nice Company to work for
Production Manager (Former Employee) –  Bossier City, LAMay 22, 2017
Latham is a relatively good company to work for. However, they rely on seasonal workers more than full time personnel. They offer great benefits if you are actually hired on as full time.
October 4, 2017

Your comments are appreciated. And, thank you for your prior service at Latham. Given the seasonality of our organization, we are continually working to best staff the organization.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Latham Pool Products. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8