Latham Pool Products Employee Reviews

Growing Company
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Lindon, UTMay 16, 2018
Overall, Latham cares of its employees and is doing a great job moving forward with the company's rapid growth. Diverse workforce. Fair wages, Comprehensive Benefits package, generous vacation
& personal time off package. I enjoy the flexible work/life balance.
Below average standards and lack of advancement oppertunities
NA (Former Employee) –  Latham, NYMay 7, 2018
High volume processing
Old computer software systems
Lack of streamlining and lack of innovating new techniques and processing
Management was inexperienced and unproductive
Hard work is unappreciated and overlooked
Pros
Free end of month lunches
Cons
Poor Managment
Company on the raise
Developer (Current Employee) –  Latham, NYApril 11, 2018
Great leadership, many initiatives to make the company a better place to work. Good work environment, competitive pay.

Could offer more vacation days
Pros
Free breakfast on Fridays
Great Place to Work
Choose not to disclose (Current Employee) –  Latham, NYApril 11, 2018
Latham's CEO sets the tone for the organization. It is one that is entrepreneurial, high-energy and engaged. Employees are rewarded well for their hard work and commitment to the company. Many great programs are provided for fun and downtime. The culture is one that I am excited to be a part of!
Pros
Engaged leadership, competitive pay and benefits, fun environment, flexibility when needed, rewarding work
Cons
Sometimes challenged by the distance between locations.
Healthy, engaging work environment filled with exceptional and friendly staff
Pool Liner Designer (Current Employee) –  Latham, NYApril 9, 2018
Being a member of Latham Pool Products is both a challenging and rewarding experience with many reasons to keep you working towards greatness and seeking your true potential. Workdays include fulfilling a design quota which is surpassed by the many skilled and talented designers who occupy neighboring cubicles. Days are broken up by one hour breaks where employees are free to use the kitchen provided by the facility to either store or prepare their lunches.
Many techniques have been learned and utilized by either self teaching or the guidance of my numerous peers. I apply these methods to exceed company standards, which is a main part of the challenge and enjoyment of being a part of the team as well as building individual character.
Pros
Plenty of overtime, Holidays, Bonuses
April 11, 2018

Your review captures a key part of our culture here at Latham: challenging and rewarding! Thank you for making time to tell others about your experience as a valued member of our Design team!

Fun caring environment to work in.
Shipping Manager (Former Employee) –  Rockingham, NCFebruary 6, 2018
Excellent place to work great managers and advancement opportunities. Excellent pay and benefits. All the employees get along, they were all the time catering to the employees dinners etc.
February 27, 2018

Your feedback is appreciated! Although we regret that you have moved onto another opportunity, we are delighted to see that your experience was positive. This is what we strive to provide every single day!

Awful place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  NYFebruary 2, 2018
Management only cares about themselves. They have no idea how unhappy every employee is because our manager is controlling and only thinks her ideas are the best and correct ones. There is NO room for growth. DO NOT WORK HERE. They are so insulting with how much knowledge you actually have but they make you do training on things you've already been doing for years and then actually give you homework!
February 27, 2018

We appreciate your feedback and encourage you to discuss your concerns with your manager or Human Resources. The training being provided is to help our CS team as we are making many changes/efficiencies on the front end of the business and want to make sure you have the tools you need.

Liked this job for the most part
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Lindon, UTNovember 13, 2017
I really liked this job but left because I wanted to try something that I could have a career in. My boss was demanding but respectful. I enjoyed my co-workers and the actual work.
December 6, 2017

We appreciate you taking the time to leave your review. While we regret that you moved on from Latham, we certainly support your career progression and wish you all the best!

Very deceptive hiring practices, they don't hire racial minorities
Order Entry/Customer Service Rep-Entered (Former Employee) –  Latham, NYSeptember 6, 2017
Very deceptive hiring practices. Over staffed and did not inform new hires that their jobs were based on their seasonal needs. Very little ethnic diversity and you know what that means for people of color.
September 14, 2017

We appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts. Latham Pool Products is committed to the principles of diversity and equal employment opportunity. We remain proud of our diverse workforce throughout our entire organization in the US and in Canada. We regret to hear about your experience.

Good to work for
10 operator beader (Former Employee) –  NYAugust 8, 2017
A good place to work benefits are all not bad work hours are good. Management is ok but it canbe stressful at times but all in all not bad my day at work was good the hardest part of my job was people calling in an making it harder for the rest of co - workers
Pros
Free lunches now an then
Cons
Very competitive
September 7, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and for your efforts while you were here at Latham!

Want to know more about Latham Pool Products?

Ask a question
Cut throat upper management/ Manipulative and deceptive
ORDER ENTRY PERSONNEL (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 7, 2017
This company will hire you on as a full time employee and when they are finished with their rush during liner season or cover season, just depends on when you were hired to cover them, they will cut you stating it had nothing to do with you and that it is a strictly business decision, when in actuality they knew they would do this when they hired you. They are not communicative and very much run the business getting the lower end employees to do the work so the upper management can get the bonuses for that work while they terminate you giving you a weak separation package so that you won't sue them.
They don't care about their employees or their families. They will run a con on you and cut you when you least expect it.
You have to put up with yelling and cussing from the staff because they are so frustrated with their work, and whispering gossip from the base staff that stays around year after year while watching people come in and out during rush seasons being duped and conned into thinking they have a future with this company.
Pros
Cons
Everything I just wrote
October 4, 2017

Your comments are appreciated. I am sorry that HR and management didn't have an opportunity to address your concerns while you were with Latham.

Good job
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  IndianaJune 22, 2017
Not really anything to complain about good job had fun working their good people very nice good work environment safe work environment very nice people
Pros
Fun work
Cons
No raise
September 7, 2017

Thanks for sharing your experience while you were at Latham!

Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Latham, NYJune 2, 2017
I really enjoyed my time and service with Latham. The people you work with is friendly and family depending. The customers are great. The hours are family friendly.
Pros
free luches
Cons
high cost in health care
September 7, 2017

We truly appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback!

Nice Company to work for
Production Manager (Former Employee) –  Bossier City, LAMay 22, 2017
Latham is a relatively good company to work for. However, they rely on seasonal workers more than full time personnel. They offer great benefits if you are actually hired on as full time.
October 4, 2017

Your comments are appreciated. And, thank you for your prior service at Latham. Given the seasonality of our organization, we are continually working to best staff the organization.

All about upper Management
Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Latham, NYMay 17, 2017
This place is a stepping stone for most people. There is no long term future with this company. They will cut you when you least expect it!!!!! this happens every year when the company thinks they will not meet there inflated goals. Very Poor Managers who don't have a clue what they are doing and pawn off thier work on others within the department.Unrealistic expectations results in a bad office atmosphere with lots of gossip.
Pros
Cons
Management, Culture and structure of business.
September 7, 2017

We appreciate you taking the time to share this feedback. Management and HR take our employee's satisfaction seriously and encourage you to follow-up with the HR Vice President, your manager or HR@lathampool.com so we can work together on your concerns.

Out of control
Developer (Current Employee) –  Latham, NYMay 2, 2017
The culture here is absolutely abysmal. This company has rampant substance abuse because everyone is so depressed that they work here. People in my department are at each other's throats all the time and it creates an incredibly hostile work environment. Our manager hired some one who is beyond incompetent just so that he can sleep with her. Constant noise, distractions, and mental abuse. MGMT doesn't care as long as you shut up and deal with it.
September 7, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share this experience. What you describe is completely inconsistent with our values, and when we are aware of something like this, it is addressed.

Terrible environment and awful leadership
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Latham, NYMarch 31, 2017
It is a company based on making sure administrative positions get their bonuses regardless of the strain it puts on the laborers.

Poor communication skills from supervisors and senior staff toward lowest level employees

Wage based employees are paid just enough not to quit but also do just enough work to not be fired

Randomly changing work schedules and useless paid time off benefit as it is taken from you at the end of ever year to cover a "Holiday shut down"

If you like feeling like a slave and regularly have to sacrifice your personal life this is a good place for you
Pros
Free coffee and donuts
Cons
Bad benefits programs, zero consistency in anything
September 7, 2017

Thanks for sharing your feedback. Although you have moved on from Latham, we would have appreciated the opportunity to address your concerns while you were here. HR and management remain highly engaged in the business and take feedback like this seriously.

Worst place to work
Designer (Current Employee) –  BrantfordMarch 31, 2017
Worst place ever
No H&S rules followed
No effective management
Full of brown nosers
No proper orientation and training for new employees
Mental Harassment is normal
Pros
Cons
Many
September 7, 2017

Thank you for sharing your list of concerns. We welcome to opportunity to address the issues you are raising. Please contact HR directly, or email hr@lathampool.com.

Sales Representative/Technical Support
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 4, 2017
I worked from home, but had to travel on occassion. I was directed to make outbound phone calls while receiving inbound calls from our dealers. I also helped dealers in the field with technical support on automatic safety covers. The culture changed drastically when Pool Cover Specialists was purchased by Latham. The daily struggle was wondering if you had job security. The enjoyed building relationships with our dealers.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Corporate Structure and no advancement
September 7, 2017

While you have moved on from Latham, we appreciate you taking the time to share your comments. We are continuing to work on uniting cultures after acquisitions under our One Latham approach and regret that you are not able to experience the positive changes we are continuing to make now and into the future.

Have issues with overall morale and lack a positive atmosphere.
Steel Department Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INOctober 26, 2015
I would like to have seen things done differently. I like that it is first shift and most of the people employed there are very nice.
Pros
1st shift
Cons
Lack of true leadership, low wage and raises.