LaunchCode Employee Reviews

They love to help people solve their own problems
SOFTWARE DEVELOPER (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 30, 2019
I difficult task and an energetic team. I wanted to be able to say that you are guaranteed a job after 8 months but that cant be said about this program. You try some succeed and that's life. Keep trying to improve and be specific about your targets.
Pros
Free cost for students
Cons
Dated curriculum
Providing the Tools for Success - and Pay
Apprentice/Contractor (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 6, 2018
LaunchCode is a fantastic organization. They provide classes and training in a variety of programming languages in order to get students up to the point of being Apprentices/Contractors. Once you've completed the main program, they provide job placement assistance and continued education and support.

The people that I've worked with and learned with at LaunchCode are some of the best people that I've had an opportunity to work with and I still see some of them - despite working at different locations, now - on a regular basis and I have recommended it to ALL my friends and family that have showed an interest in the tech field.

LaunchCode is an open, inviting, diverse organization that strives to make tech a welcoming field for all people from all walks of life. I have never been more proud to associate myself with a professional organization as I am with LaunchCode.
Pros
Professional, Helpful, Friendly, Supportive, Diverse, Collaborative
Cons
Some times, you gotta have a long commute
Productive and fun work space
LaunchCode Intern (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMarch 28, 2018
Great work space with people willing and able to teach. It is a very rewarding experience and I learned a lot. They do a great service to the community.
Quick paced environment
TEACHING FELLOW (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 7, 2018
As a teaching fellow assisted the instructor to develop a teaching plan and mentor the students. It is very quick paced and it was a good learning experience to teach.
Was a student in their program not an employee
Student Software Developer (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 7, 2017
I'm a student in their Code Camp not an actual employee in their company but I love this company in general. It's a full stack class with a bigger focus on backend development specifically.
Good if you like to help people
Teaching Fellow (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 8, 2017
A lot of the people you will be teaching will be brand new to coding so if you are patient then this will be a fun job. There is a bit of studying that may be needed to do outside of the actual class time to make sure you stay ahead of the students
Great Place
Business Development Lead (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 16, 2017
LaunchCode (www.launchcode.org) is a non-profit organization that creates pathways to economic opportunity and upward mobility through apprenticeships and job placement in technology. LaunchCode partners with over 300 companies, ranging from Fortune 500 companies to innovative startups, and matches them with job seekers through a unique mentorship and paid apprenticeship program.
Pros
Great culture with a great mission
Cons
Benefits aren't the greatest but it is a non-profit

Ask a question about working or interviewing at LaunchCode. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5

Ratings from women

2.2InHerSight Score

2.0Personal Development

1.1Career Opportunities

3.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

LaunchCode Reviews by Location