Laureate International Universities
Happiness rating is 63 out of 100

Laureate International Universities Employee Reviews

United States183 reviews

educationstudentuniversityprojectdepartmentorganizationopportunityconstant

Stress but learn new things

Every day was a busy day where there were new technology to learn; team work was good and managers were not bad. The hardest part of job was on-call.

Would have stayed if they weren’t divesting

Laureate was a great job - it had its ups and downs, but overall I have positive feelings about my time there. If they were not planning on divesting, I would have happily stayed. The people were very smart and I learned a lot about large scale projects that I will benefit from for the rest of my career.

Laureate International Universities insights

Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Support from manager
  • Energizing work tasks

always busy and stressful place to work

get yelled at all the time. Managers do not do their jobs and they never want to be on the phone with students when student request to speak to a manager.

Pros

free lunches and breakfast sometimes

Cons

strict on attendance, you cant even be 5min late without them complaining about call volumes

Worst Job I ever had

I barely stayed at the job a whole 6 months. They switched my role 3 different times. Leadership is filled with chaos and confusion. They would micromanage every little thing that we did.

Pros

free lunch

Cons

Hated everything

Unstable organization

Wouldn’t recommend anyone to be hired at the organization. There is a lot of favoritism in the workplace plus they are divesting all of their operations.

Pros

Benefits and pay

Cons

Work/life balance

Micromanaging

Very high turnover. Not an ethical establishment. It's a for profit organization to make money and enroll everyone regardless of qualifications and if the student should be enrolled. Just use up all the students financial aid funds and let them be in debt.

Great people and culture but low salaries

The company has a great culture and people are very friendly, it feels great to work here because you have the liberty to dive in new technologies, you always learn new things. The most important con for me is thesalary because is very low.

Pros

Bonuses

Cons

Low salary

Flexibility

Extremely flexible work environment. Able to work from home as needed. Most departments allow work from home. Overall able to keep work life balance.

Pros

Cons

Hours

Work is consistent. Very bland

Work-life balanceWork-life balance at Laureate International Universities is good and decent. You don’t have to worry about taking any work home because it is not a high demand job.

Pros

Telework. Decent Pay. Stability.

Cons

Absolutely no opportunity for growth, Dead end desk job, Management and Leadership is not involved in employee development

High activity call position

Can be repetitive for some, but everyone that you work with is nice and willing to help. As long as you meet your KPI's you will be fine. Make your calls and you won't run into problems with upper management

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Laureate International Universities?

Good luck

Pay & benefitsThe pay and benefits at Laureate International Universities are not fitting to the job. Raises are nonexistent. Current review of the company is concerning as majority of employees cannot wait to leave. Management consistently does not listen to employee feedback which furthermore contributes to the toxic culture.

Highly Political, Hostile

Expect politics to come first and work last. Politics dictate promotions. Do not expect any aspect of your personal or family life to be considered off limits to HR. Do not apply if Republican or non-socialist. Frequent long meetings that are unrelated to your work will eat up your work time, so expect to work after hours.

Pros

Discounted in-house education if your manager permits it

Cons

Politics, invasion of privacy, no wealth accumulation plan

Great place that allowed telecommuting

Was able to me more productive working remotely and removing commute times and less distractions in the office. Great culture with team members living around the globe working remotely together

Productive team

Before outsourcing was implemented we had a very good manager and team, we worked hard and accomplished our goals that providing the support needed for the business to grow.

Great company

Great environment. I will recommend anyone to work there. Great company that is helping the commute and the world as a whole. They have a great company culture.

Nice place to work, really good environment to work and team focused.

It is a company with very good opportunities and challenges, multicultural company with chance to learn a lot of things globally, not just business but culturally and structurally speaking.

Pros

multicultural

Productive fun place to work

I am writing this review because I am being force to write this review I am not actually writting a review for this company but meeting the minimum characters

Potential but lacking direction

There are some huge benefit to working for one of the largest companies in distance higher education; ability to work on a global scale and with diverse audiences, never a limit to on the job learning if you have the initiative to take on additional responsibilities, and the quality of people here nothing but amazing. However, Laureate is has been undergoing massive organizational changes and there has been a lack of clarity in direction from leadership which makes it hard to find direction and professional growth paths within the organization.

Productive and Fun Workplace

Laureate is a great company to work in, to have a good experience, friendly staff and management. Great opportunity to give back to the community with all the charity work. Great work Environment.

Stuck in constant change

Laureate has much to offer however the constant change of upper management comes with different visions and how to achieve the goals set. Oftentimes, no practices would last 30 to 45 days before trying something new.

Job stability nonexistent

Your job here is solely dependent on management and coworkers liking you or not. If they don’t like you then they will nitpick until they have 3 write ups and fire you.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Laureate International Universities. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Diversity score

out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
Top 10%
In the Top 10% of similar size companies
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Laureate International Universities.
Powered byComparably
  • Laureate International Universities
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?