Laureate International Universities

Laureate International Universities Employee Reviews

United States171 reviews
Productive team
Before outsourcing was implemented we had a very good manager and team, we worked hard and accomplished our goals that providing the support needed for the business to grow.
Great place that allowed telecommuting
Was able to me more productive working remotely and removing commute times and less distractions in the office. Great culture with team members living around the globe working remotely together
Great company
Great environment. I will recommend anyone to work there. Great company that is helping the commute and the world as a whole. They have a great company culture.
Nice place to work, really good environment to work and team focused.
It is a company with very good opportunities and challenges, multicultural company with chance to learn a lot of things globally, not just business but culturally and structurally speaking.
Pros
multicultural
Productive fun place to work
I am writing this review because I am being force to write this review I am not actually writting a review for this company but meeting the minimum characters
Job seekers rely on your experience.
Potential but lacking direction
There are some huge benefit to working for one of the largest companies in distance higher education; ability to work on a global scale and with diverse audiences, never a limit to on the job learning if you have the initiative to take on additional responsibilities, and the quality of people here nothing but amazing. However, Laureate is has been undergoing massive organizational changes and there has been a lack of clarity in direction from leadership which makes it hard to find direction and professional growth paths within the organization.
Productive and Fun Workplace
Laureate is a great company to work in, to have a good experience, friendly staff and management. Great opportunity to give back to the community with all the charity work. Great work Environment.
Stuck in constant change
Laureate has much to offer however the constant change of upper management comes with different visions and how to achieve the goals set. Oftentimes, no practices would last 30 to 45 days before trying something new.
Job stability nonexistent
Your job here is solely dependent on management and coworkers liking you or not. If they don’t like you then they will nitpick until they have 3 write ups and fire you.
Like this work
The people that work there are good persons, do your job and be open to stay more hours. In conclusion is a good place to work, is kind of far thought
Great Work Culture
There is a good work culture at this company. Everyone is very nice, friendly, and professional. Management is good and the work/personal life balance is good as well. Depending on who your manager is, you could have a work from home day which is pretty nice. I love how management helps with career development by being a supportive of trainings and certification.
Fascinating Overseas Teaching Opportunity
Challenging overseas teaching opportunity in a Saudi Arabian vocational college. Student population growth was robust over the year period of employment.
Pros
Cultural exposure
Cons
Exterior temperaturs
productive environment and fun place to work with great people!
Laureate is a great place to work as a professional. They are education oriented for both students and employees. People are super nice and helpful. Teams work efficiently together and try to get the work done on time delivering value to the business.

The environment is extremely agile as the education landscape is changing so is Laureate to keep up the competitive advantage.
Pros
Great group of folks to work with
Cons
Ever changing direction due to rapid growth and being a public company.
Great Company With Great Mission
Great place to work. Mission of making education available to all is noteworthy. Work is interesting and makes an impact. Staff are dedicated to the cause and a joy to work with.
Management Hardly Listens
Greatest part of working with Laureate was the flexibility of hours. While it might seem like its not about the money at first, you quickly learn that the only thing that really drives the company is recruiting students. Once a student is recruited, it doesn't really matter what happens --- they are all about the numbers. Lots of frustrated students and staff. They ask for feedback from staff but never listen when feedback is given. They are also quick to change things. In 2 years of working, I changed departments at least 4 times.
I liked my job
I liked my job, but I needed to move to United States Of America. It was the best way for all my family. This job was so demanding, in the work place and at home.
Empresa com falta de líderes, e processos definidos.
Nos 2 anos de trabalho pude agragar maiores conhecimentos e experiência ao meu currículo, acrescentei novas habilidades e crescimento profissional.
Pros
Desconto de 80% no curso de Graduação.
Cons
Falta de benefícios melhores, e sem carreira.
Friendly
Everyone is not your "friend" but everyone is friendly and kind. Work is results based and there are lots of meetings but there's always someone gunning for you.
Pros
Meetings catered
Cons
People talk about you behind your back.
It wasn't bad
The position was good. Was an easy job and my coworkers were fun but there was too much work drama and gossip. This is not a call center but a online university. We called potential students to ask if they were interested in going to our school. Now the department they created for this was apparently a temp department since my whole department was laid off out of no where. No warning, no opportunity to go to another department.. Nothing. So if you get hired there do mot go into it expecting job security unless you are an enrollment advisor.
Other than that it was ok job. Just don't go in there thinking you have job security if you are being hired for a position for a "new department."
Didn't get the full experience
I was part time and working in Miami, they didn't really know to utilize me to my full potential. Everyone that was full time and salaried took advantage of the work experience.
Really be ready for change on the daily
Manager and coworkers were great. Upper leadership is poor and no direction. Lower than industry pay. They constantly realign and realign and makes it impossible to have cohesion, consistency or order. They have no loyalty to employees. Will lay you off in a heartbeat. Good luck trying to get promoted from within, it's who you know not what you know.
Benefits
Cons
Pay, lack of advancement, job stability, poor leadership
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Laureate International Universities. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9
Women's ratings

1.0Fairygodboss Score

0%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

0%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.