Laureate International Universities Employee Reviews

Great Company and People
Enrollment Advisor (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 14, 2018
While working a Laureate it was a time to grow proprofessionally. I learned many computer programs, received sales and student service techniques . The culture was extremely satisfying. It was a great company with wonderful people .
Politics is eating away the company
Senior Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDNovember 10, 2018
This company is very multi-cultural and multi-national. But the politics at the middle management level (manager/senior manager to VP) is destroying the company.
Cons
No job security
Very nice productive workplace
Sr Student Accoun Rep/Senior AR Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 2, 2018
It was a very good job to have at the Business Office of the Kendall College in Chicago. We had a great professional team, we worked together every day helping to maintain highest level of customer service to students, parents, business partners. We processed payments on daily basis - checks, cash, credit cards, EFT bank transfers. I was responsible for the full accounts receivable cycle - from billing through invoicing and collections.
Pros
Free Food
Cons
Long commute
Depending on the department people are not friendly
Collections Analyst (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDOctober 3, 2018
Depending on the department people are not friendly and when they have it in for you they will make up things to get you out, they will target you. Management is the worse and can not be trusted, they tell you businesse to employees.
Pros
Getting paid
Cons
Micro management
Better structure
Student Support Coordinator (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 14, 2018
When I was here they weren't well staffed and they had us answering phone calls for other departments which i didnt like because we werent properly trained.
Pros
Pay
Cons
hours
Continue your job search, do not get roped in
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  United StatesSeptember 14, 2018
The work environment in the department where I worked was dreadful. Some of my coworkers were lovely people, but the management in my department was dreadful. My position was often given tasks to complete with no instructions, and once staff completed them, the managers would find issue with how the task was completed every time. There is no way to succeed. Massive differences in pay between staff members with the same position. As much as employees are set up to fail, students are set up to fail even more so. Do not work here. Do not fall for it.
Pros
One work remote day per week
Cons
Horrendous management, differential treatment of staff, pay inequity, no HR support
Great Tuition Reduction Benefit
Financial Services Representative (Current Employee) –  United StatesSeptember 6, 2018
Nice place to work. Pays more than other call center opportunities in the same area. Excellent benefits include work from home opportunities, 90% tuition discount if the employee chooses to attend Walden University online. Work can be stressful during term starts with back to back calls and mandatory overtime shifts. Can easily lead to burnout. Offices throughout the United States however remote offices don't offer much in advancement opportunities. Rates for medical benefits is bar none the best I have ever experienced.
Pros
Nice pay, wonderful tuition discount, great rates on medical benefits
Cons
Provide more recognition to reps and offer more advancement opportunities
Unstable environment
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 14, 2018
The last couple years have been stressful. Whole divisions were closed and no one feels safe anymore. They have let go so many people, and have scaled down operations.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Unstable, no job security
continuous changes
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDAugust 1, 2018
I enjoyed the team I worked with at Laureate. The company went public and there were many changes and uncertainties. After 8 years I thought it was time for a change.
Pros
company was generous with fun times at the office so the team like stress management
Cons
too many changes in the organization
Overview
Registrar Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MDJune 27, 2018
Laureate is a wonderful place to work. Unfortunately, I pastor three churches on the weekend, and we have to work some weekends.

This is extremely difficult for my quality of life.
Pros
excellent benefits, good managers, and wonderful colleagues
Cons
Work schedule
Poor management culture
Business Instructor (Current Employee) –  Al MadīnahApril 24, 2018
Management need to pay close attention to Instructors. In fact Management have little respect for Instructors. In some instances, students are more respected than Instructors. An instructor can't even walk freely around
Too cheap to implement SAFe correctly
Prefer not to say (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDApril 22, 2018
If you lose a team member, don't expect that team member to be replaced. They care more about the budget then implementing scrum and SAFe in a manner that has meaningful results. Expect to hold more than two job roles and multiple teams because...
Hit or miss
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MDApril 12, 2018
Some roles in this company are extremely well positioned for advancement and enhancement. Others are not, and tend to be ignored by higher-ups unless/until there's a problem. Management is equally hit or miss.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Poor organization and managerial culture
Fast paced, too much work and understaffed
Executive Director (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDApril 3, 2018
The environment is very fast paced with little support to get all required work done. The environment requires long hours and interferes with life. The environment lacks opportunity for advancement.
Pros
colleagues, learning of new industry
Cons
understaffed, unreasonable work demands, long hours
Practice skills
Editorial Intern (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMarch 5, 2018
As an intern in both 2016 and 2017 I also was responsible for using social media channels such as Twitter and Facebook to promote the journal. Additionally, I was responsible for creating a comprehensive social media strategy for the journal. This required extensive research to find data for the best strategies used by other institutions of higher education as well as by companies and businesses. I developed and presented my vision on a social media engagement plan for the HLRC Facebook page, HLRC Twitter page as well as the HLRC LinkedIn page.
Pros
Challenging
Cons
Constantly changing
Residencies- Poor Management/Very Competitive within a team
Operations Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNFebruary 21, 2018
Job started off good. Included good project management and travel. Now very stressful, overworked, competitive with bad management and false promises.
Pros
Working with business partners, students and Faculty
Cons
Poor Management - Broken promises
Great place to work for as a remote contractor in their media department
Offsite Video Editor (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDFebruary 1, 2018
Been working for this company for over 15 years on a project-by-project basis for their on-line education college. Projects range from 3 days to 4 weeks, but there is unpaid time-off for their reviews. Producers/Directors, Supervisors always good to work with--clear communication and attainable deadlines.
Pros
Great work/life balance as an offsite contractor
Cons
Being paid is net 60--a long time....
Productive and Very Busy
Financial Aid Counselor (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 23, 2018
It really depends on your manager how far an individual advances in the company. However the company itself is pretty fair to work for considering the benefits.
Stressful numbers driven work environment
Senior Enrollment Advisor (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 18, 2018
It's an extremely stressful numbers-driven work environment. Managers can make their own rules for their teams. If you get a bad manager you are basically screwed.
no review information
typical challenges
typical opportunities for growth
great benefits
some job security

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Laureate International Universities. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.4InHerSight Score

2.1Personal Development

2.8Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight