Laurel Health Care Company Employee Reviews

Many good qualities
Clinical Resource Specialist (Current Employee) –  MichiganSeptember 20, 2019
I have been with Laurel Healthcare Company for almost 20 years which says something. It is a good company with many good qualities. I love to work with my direct supervisor. I love to teach and I have been able to do this in my role. There are many caring and professional people in this company. Just like any company someone will not have the best experience, but the good can outweigh those few. We work in a tough industry and we survive this by supporting each other through the tough times and celebrating to good times.
Great work culture and environment
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Westerville, OHSeptember 20, 2019
The culture at Laurel is outstanding. There are several employee appreciation events throughout the year, including lots of food, picnics and games. There are opportunities for advancement and the benefits are good. The company makes an effort to show appreciation to its employees and it is a fun place to work.
Relaxed working evironment
Employee (Current Employee) –  Westerville, OHSeptember 20, 2019
There is very little micro management. In addition, the employees at the corporate office are very nice. If you need help from any other department, they are super helpful.
A GREAT place to work!
Regional Director of Operations (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 20, 2019
I have worked for Laurel Health Care Company for 12 years and absolutely love it. Laurels has high expectations and drives employees to do and be the best. This culture is what has led the company to it's success year after year in delivering high quality care and customer service to our guests. Laurels focuses on growth from within which has allowed me to remain with the company for so many years. I look forward to many more years to come with Laurels serving both our customers and employees.
Relaxed environment with great co-workers
Corporate Office (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 20, 2019
Working in the corporate office is very relaxed but busy.

Everyone is willing to help when needed.

Benefits are great and health insurance is very affordable.
Pros
Good environment, good pay, relaxed setting.
I have been at Laurel for 6 years and have learned so much.
Clinical Resource Specialist (Current Employee) –  Regional in Ohio and IndianaSeptember 20, 2019
I really have had a great experience working for Laurel Health Care Company. The pay and benefits are great and I continue to learn and grow in my profession due to being involved in many different trainings. I am very happy with my role and enjoy the challenges of my job in helping to train and support the facility staff that are in my department.
Awesome culture and people!
Corporate Accountant (Current Employee) –  Westerville, OHSeptember 20, 2019
The people are incredibly nice, the atmosphere is very laid back, and this is one of the best places you could possibly want to work at! Anybody who applies here and gets the job will be thankful that they did, as you don't find employers like this that genuinely care about people the way that they do at Laurel.
Productive work place
Preceptor/cna (Current Employee) –  Pittsboro, NCSeptember 15, 2019
The laurels is a very enjoyable place to work I like the point we are family an the job helps in anyway you need the staff is supportive of the cna’s administration helps pass meals
Pros
You can eat the meals if you choice
Cons
Call outs
Poor Management
Laundry Aide (Former Employee) –  Huber Heights, OHSeptember 11, 2019
Management is lazy and will not enforce rules on those they are friends with, some people could not work an entire day just talk to their boss and not do any work i was tired of being the only one working.
Pros
Breaks were up to me to make and the job was pretty easy
Cons
minimum wage
Great Place!
Director of Marketing and Admissions (Current Employee) –  Carson City, MISeptember 10, 2019
Fast paced environment. Keeps you focused and outgoing. Always opportunities for advancement. Families and guest appreciate you and your hard work. I left Laurels to take care of my children and came back to only advance. Laurels treats you with dignity and respect.
Pros
Paid cell phone by the company, milage, oppertunity to bonus quarterly
Cons
Weekend manager at times
Unfairly salary
STNA/CNA (Current Employee) –  Gahanna, OHSeptember 7, 2019
Stressfull job, rude nurses, racist people out there, disrespect to their employees, religion discrimination, you get pay less other employees, unfair salaries.bad place to work, all administration people are very mean and disrespectful to their employees.
Pros
Unfair salaries
Cons
To many chiefs not enough workers
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, OHSeptember 7, 2019
This place had to many clicks and all new comers are welcomed but kept on the outside of the circles.. management tends to protect only themselves and lets the nursing staff get plowed under.. management is very weak in this company and break all the rules and are great at covering it up for themselves. Even their adds are all lies try and find the large tv room or even half the other stuff they advertise
Great company
MDS Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VASeptember 6, 2019
Great job and great company. Management held at higher expectations as usual and expect to be on call during any bad weather or natural disaster no excuses
Overall:Decent
Dietary Aide (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 1, 2019
They could pay you way more. Especially since you're always working weekends and holidays. If your part time it's not really worth it. Only Full time gets you Health Insurance,401k. Very laid back environment. 30hrs a week is considered Full time. You do get paid for working holidays.
Pros
Laid back, Health Insurance, 401k, Pto
Cons
Not great pay, work weekend/holidays
All business
other (Current Employee) –  Milford, OHAugust 26, 2019
company cares about nothing but money. patients don’t matter to this company. they are just a dollar sign. patients suffer because of their greed. the company promised certain benefits and didn’t deliver. employees are just a number too. upper management lies straight to everyone and makes promises that never come true.
Horrible and stressful
ADON (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHAugust 25, 2019
Administrator and DON are close friends. If one don't like you then the other doesn't. They nitpick, bully and staff split. They don't know what they are doing unless it comes to saving a $1. The administrator is rude, disrespectful and does not care about the patients
Not safe
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Hilliard, OHAugust 23, 2019
Patient to nurse ratio on the skilled unit was absolutely unacceptable. 28:1 when full. Whenever you ask management for help, they NEVER helped. Managements mentality was, if that nurse can do it you should be able to as well, figure it out.
Ok
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Hendersonville, NCAugust 23, 2019
Nothing special was a job. Management indifferent everyone keeps to themselves. No room for advancement not encouragement to learn or improve but great and supportive coworkers
Do your work!
STNA (Current Employee) –  Canton, OHAugust 21, 2019
As with any nursing home, there is a bit more drama than necessary. However if you can come to work, get your work done, and care for the people (yes, even the needy ones), then you can actually enjoy your job and what you do. And weekend warrior is a huge pay bump.
Trainwreck
STNA (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHAugust 21, 2019
Working at the laurels is like walking into an armed robbery.
You will feel threatened, scared and overwhelmed all the time. Not to mention it is filthy literally filthy bed bugs, roaches, ants and mice. This place is a trainwreck steer clear!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Laurel Health Care Company. Our community is ready to answer.