Laurel Heights Hospital Employee Reviews

Pay and Hours
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 6, 2019
First when I put in for dietary Aide position it was posted full time every other weekend but 1030 to 730 rotate 630 to 3 but when I started working that never happen only work 630 to 3 when the other side is off then back to 1030 to 730 no team work only one person work as a team no overtime and no moving up from dietary it’s moving down to like house keeping the kids are bad and they fight everyday this was a bad job low pay 1150 for a dietary Aide even if you have experience only 80 hours every two weeks that’s it
Pros
Cons
Low pay and no team player
Everyday we help a child!
Director (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 4, 2019
The hospital employs many talented, passionate people. The work day is not always easy but we come in understanding the population that we work with. There's lots of training offered and many people around to support you who understand your challenges and will support you.
Pros
$2.00 lunch in the cafeteria
Cons
Poor parking - but it is being addressed
Excellent for entry level to management
Director of Admissions (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 1, 2019
I have been with LHH for years and the most rewarding part of the job is helping our children. Many of our kids come from unfortunate situations or they are affected by significant disabilities and often have no other providers available to help them stabilize and function in the community. Being a part of something bigger is a great feeling. These kids are able to return to their families stable and able to function. The staff from each department are passionate about helping our kids. The upper and middle management teams are always available for support and constantly working together to make improvements. The culture has shifted for the better over the years and we have been able to fine tune our programming to offer premier psychiatric services to our kids. I would trust any of our doctors to work with my own child. Overall great place to work and I can’t imagine being anywhere else.
Pros
Helping children and investing in our future
Cons
Mental health is difficult in any setting
Do not work here
Residential Instructor (Former Employee) –  Unit 3January 25, 2019
Do not work here! Some staff is great, management is evil and unfair. The conditions that the kids ae kept in are unfit for an animal to live in. You are constantly attacked by the patients, even when its unprovoked. This place is understaffed and that is not the worst part. Some staff are scared of the patients and wont assist you during a crisis. Please please do not work here
Pros
Over time, some of your co-workers and some patients
Cons
Management, understaffed
Mind your business
MHA (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 22, 2019
Going in the the job there are many warning signs. Majority of the staff is uptight and obnoxious. There’s one lady in HR that’s amazing and would do anything for you. But that director of HR seems to be thee most clueless one. Now that you’ve made it through training.. let’s talk about the dirty, unkempt units, and the staff. Inconsiderate, disrespectful, and ignorant staff. Bribing the PTs with sugary snacks in exchange for their good behavior. Staff not working with each other. Gossiping. Omg you’d swear you were back in the 7th grade!! I would highly recommend you keep to yourself and NEVER ask ANYONE for help. Pay attention in training and do your job. TRUST NO ONE.
Pros
Free breakfast, lunch and Dinner when working.
Cons
Staff and management HORRIBLE
graet coworkers
Clinical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 2, 2018
You don't have to be friends with all your colleagues, but you must demonstrate respect for one another. The primary way to do this is to avoid doing things that are offensive. For example, clean up after yourself, don't take anyone else's food from the refrigerator, call out sick when necessary to keep from spreading your illness, and don't steal credit for someone else's work. If a coworker tells you that a particular behavior annoys him or her, try your best to avoid it unless the request is unreasonable.
Laurel Heights
Mental Health Associate (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 15, 2018
This is not the place to work. The entire facility is dirty and unstable. Not worth the time or money. They continue to say that they will support their staff but they
Benifits were great
Mental Health Associate (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GA 30306September 4, 2018
The benefits were great. However the rules changed from day to day, but training was always available. Doors were always open especially from the CEO. The love for the children were first.
Pros
benifits
Cons
weekends and holiday work schedule
stressful, under paid, lack of support
Mental Health Associate (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 16, 2018
stressful, under paid, lack of support. We often worked short. An emergency situations people rarely respond to codes. The work environment is stressful. Overtime is available, but it is not worth the stress.
Pros
pto, plenty of overtime
Cons
not worth the pay, no support, short staffed, risky
Changing the culture, one hire at a time!!!
Administrative Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 10, 2018
We try to hire people that care about both the staff and the patients we serve. We always strive to do the right thing in every situation. This job takes dedicated staff members on all levels for us to be successful as a hospital.
Benefits
Cons
stressful
I loved the kids!
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 7, 2018
Work environment wasn't really nice but the fulfillment from working with the kids was everything!! I loved the kids! Especially helping them nd seeing the smiles on their faces.
okay place to work
State Registered Nurse Aide (Current Employee) –  London, KYJuly 20, 2018
this is an okay place to work. they have flexiable working hours and some of the staff are friendly. Dayshift is better than nightshift.
the patients there are wonderful
Pros
Schedule
Cons
mean workers
Challenging yet rewarding
Mental Health Associate (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 15, 2018
Working for Laurel Heights gave me an opportunity to work within a psychiatric facility with children from across the country; who needed inpatient care.
Pros
Working with children is always fulfilling.
Cons
short staffing at times
Foster parent at laurel heights
THERAPUTIC FOSTER PARENT (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 13, 2018
Laurel heights hospital is a good place to receive children that are in foster care. The staff is friendly and respective of all foster parents.

Staff matched children up closely with families that would be responsible for taking care of these children.
Overall a great experience
PRN UR Coordinator and Admissions Counselor (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 18, 2018
I enjoying working at Laurel Heights. The management was wonderful, the patients are treated well and do receive good therapy. There is a lot of accountability which keeps the staff in check and I learned a lot working there.
Misleading
Case Management (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 15, 2018
Initially, I believed that LHH was a great place to work. However, the longer I worked there; I become aware of its flaws that were unsettling.

1. You must use your PTO for holidays.
2. Poor communication amongst CEO, CFO, HR, etc.
3. No increase in compensation if additional licenses/qualifications are received.
4. Not a person-centered facility, very money driven.
5. Does not practice by its "policy," appears that they make up the rules as they go.

Great place for starting your career, but not a place to work long term.
Pros
Benefits and flexible
Cons
poor communication and low pay
poor service
Mental Health Therapy Aid/ Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Decatur, GAJanuary 10, 2018
I worked there for a while but it wasn't a good place to work its fast pace but the employee was treated poorly, the staff have to stayed quit even when they suffer pain from both patients and administrates
Good people
Residential Mental Health Therapist (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 11, 2017
Wonderful place to work with a lot of supports in place. It has a very fast pace, so the days go quickly. All departments are very involved with trying to take care of the residents and their families.
Pros
supportive team, great benefits
Cons
Limited flexibility in hours; working holidays
Mental Health Associate (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 29, 2017
working at Laurel heights hospital was an good experience for me working in a different state seeing how the work is not much different I enjoyed working with my co worker and youth.
was a very professional environment with high standards of care,
Director of Nursing Services (Former Employee) –  London, KYSeptember 13, 2017
I worked there 17 yrs as Director of Nursing. it was a fine place to work. I retired in Dec. 2015. I was able to take a nursing team that was not practicing by current standards and produce a first class facility.
Pros
high standards, good management, and great nursing staff
Cons
better retirement benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Laurel Heights Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.0InHerSight Score

1.5Personal Development

3.3Career Opportunities

1.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Laurel Heights Hospital Reviews by Location