Laurel Heights Hospital

Laurel Heights Hospital Employee Reviews

United States58 reviews
Featured review
Laurel Heights Hospital selected this as a representative review
I really enjoyed working at LHH, i enjoyed the trainings and positive feedback from management.They really work with you if you have another job and they inform staff internally when a position becomes available. Handle wirh care is given 2x a year to ensure that staff know and undetstand what to do and how to do it in a crisis situation.
I had great coworkers. The location was was convenient. The manager were amazing women. Pay was ok. If you love being a nurse assistant this is a great place to work
Please don't come to work here. Management does not care about staff. They do everything they can to make staff job harder. They seem to care that they have a high staff turnover. They feel you Should be glad you have a job during this pandemic.
Pros
It's a job
Cons
short breaks, lack of tools tools to work with, Management attitude toward staff. Pay
First, dont believe what they say in training. It's all a lie to trap you. Second, there is favoritism, so if you dont find a clique as soon as you get there you'll get ran out by management and staff. Third, they're always understaffed, so your life will be in danger because the kids will outnumber you. Lastly, none of management is on the same page, so you'll hear one thing from one person and nother from someone else. Save your self the hassle dont apply.
Culture differences clash. No team work.
Management tries it’s best but the staff is good at hiding mistakes. Overall the work environment is tolerable
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
The place is old and moldy. It is always short staffed. They mess up money on your check. It is an unsafe environment you can get attacked and the job will not care. Would not recommend this job to my worst enemy.
fast paced the kids are amazing but the staff can be a pain at times with the way they come off with the children. workers could have more compassion instead of being short tempered.
This job is extremely stressful, mainly because of staff. They’re low on staff and over work the staff they do have. Extremely under paid to the point you have no choice to work 16hrs a day.
Staff doesn’t follow rules, mistreat patients and their coworkers. It is extremely unprofessional and really taken as a joke. There are exception of a few good employees but are not appreciated.

Employees do whatever they wanted. There is no structure.
Not a fun place to work due to the nature of the hospital good location moderate traffic management a little of above average they do care about the employee's they provide training but need to work on salaries
Pros
location
Cons
no free lunch, staffing, salary
Worked one on one with children that had mental health and sever acute diagnosis. Monitoring the child behavior, documenting and communicating observed behavior to doctors and treatment team staff.
Under paid and over worked.....
very stressful.......

If it’s doesn’t benefit the company they can care less......

No structure...

Make sure you have a back up plan..
Pros
Cons
Pay, job security
A very stressful work environment. No appreciating for duties performed well. It was a pleasure working with the children. However management was extremely unprofessional and uncaring.
This place is awful! They do not care about the people that work there at all. Safety for the employees is non existent! They do not care about patients it’s all about the money! The latest DON that calls herself chief nursing office is inexperienced, hasn’t been a nurse that long, unfit to lead, and is not a team player. Management makes the job tough and UHS should be embarrassed.
this hospital treats staff lees than, i did not enjoy working here at all. management was poor, organization poor, Quick Turnover rate. look at the numbers
New Management did not understand the role of a Social Worker and did not respect the previous CEO. Just because you come after someone doesn't mean you have to reverse all the good they accomplished.
Laurel height is not the place where you can grow. Walking into laurel height it’s like walking on eggs shells. The hiring up is not for the worker it’s no structure.
If you can handle aggressive, autistic, disrespectful, violent kids then you're good...I guess. Can be rewarding if you bond with the kids, but it can also be stressful.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Bad kids, lazy staff, micromanaging staff sometimes
Poor management no support. CEO only cares about making a profit. If you're working to gain experience for your degree field one simple mistake can cause you everything.
Pros
Free food, great co-workers
Cons
Poor management, horrible CEO, low pay, always short staff, etc
First when I put in for dietary Aide position it was posted full time every other weekend but 1030 to 730 rotate 630 to 3 but when I started working that never happen only work 630 to 3 when the other side is off then back to 1030 to 730 no team work only one person work as a team no overtime and no moving up from dietary it’s moving down to like house keeping the kids are bad and they fight everyday this was a bad job low pay 1150 for a dietary Aide even if you have experience only 80 hours every two weeks that’s it
Pros
Cons
Low pay and no team player
The hospital employs many talented, passionate people. The work day is not always easy but we come in understanding the population that we work with. There's lots of training offered and many people around to support you who understand your challenges and will support you.
Pros
$2.00 lunch in the cafeteria
Cons
Poor parking - but it is being addressed
I have been with LHH for years and the most rewarding part of the job is helping our children. Many of our kids come from unfortunate situations or they are affected by significant disabilities and often have no other providers available to help them stabilize and function in the community. Being a part of something bigger is a great feeling. These kids are able to return to their families stable and able to function. The staff from each department are passionate about helping our kids. The upper and middle management teams are always available for support and constantly working together to make improvements. The culture has shifted for the better over the years and we have been able to fine tune our programming to offer premier psychiatric services to our kids. I would trust any of our doctors to work with my own child. Overall great place to work and I can’t imagine being anywhere else.
Pros
Helping children and investing in our future
Cons
Mental health is difficult in any setting
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Laurel Heights Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.
2.8
2.5
2.8
Ratings from women
InHerSight Score
1.6Personal Development
3.1Career Opportunities
1.8Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight