Laurel Ridge Treatment Center Employee Reviews

A typical day at work
Therapeutic Recreation Intern (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 11, 2018
Working here was great, the staff is friendly and always making jokes. They make the work environment fun and enjoyable. I would see the same few groups everyday, provide rereational activities for them, process with them and then document. Some days we would take them on community outings to see if there skills they have been working on has improved or still needs improvement.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
waking up early
laurel ridge was stressful to the point of causing physical distress
MHC (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 23, 2018
the threat of physical injury from pts was near constant. understaffing was unspoken policy. I only worked pool staff so i never knew if the unit i signed up to work was actually where i would end up working and this was common treatment for part time and full time staff as well. the level of paperwork for 1 admission was incredible and at times there would be multiple admissions causing nursing staff to have to stay over their shift time to finish it all.
Pros
free snacks
Cons
staff safety was not a conern of the management
poorly organized
Therapist & Asst. Director Admissions (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 3, 2018
poor leadership, always understaffed, no electronic health record, excessive and redundant paperwork, poor working conditions in some areas of the hospital
Very active environment
Admissions Coordinator (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 30, 2018
It was a very challenging position. Fast environment but very rewarding to help people at a very vulnerable time in their lives. Times goes by very fast
Fast paced but good for learning
Therapist (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 13, 2018
The Sr management are never visible and demand unrealistic census and are dollar not patient driven . First line managers overall great. Military program in outpatient and inpatient both great teams and a standout. Great place to learn and grow Recommend for new therapists and nurses to learn and develop skills with patients. Often dirty and outdated units and poor staff to patient ratios push limits of safety.
Pros
Benefits. education
Cons
Facility shabby and needs remodel. Unrealistic and sometimes unsafe staffing rations
Low pay company does not value it's mental health workers lowest pay in San Antonio
Mental Health Worker (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 12, 2018
Good place to work. Good team work environment. Major problem is the low pay for experienced mental health workers. Company doesn't value it's technicians and pays the lowest in the city.
Pros
Good team work enviroment
Cons
Very low pay
Large company difficult to focus on small employees
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 3, 2018
Hospital finds ways to cut budget regardless of patient care. Staff care for their patients. Hospital grounds are beautiful, but surrounded by family homes.
Pros
Eat free
Cons
short staffed, aggressive patients
Nice place to work
PAYROLL COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 26, 2018
reviewed employees time on a daily basis & make corrections as needed! payroll was processed by bi-weekly; assisted CFO & accounts payable when needed.
Not a bad agency to work for.
Therapist (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 24, 2018
My only issue was the low salary. Staff are friendly and helpful. We function as a team most of the time. Therapist work independently but are very supportive.
Killeen Office- Toxic Management and Lack of Growth Opportunity
Therapist (Former Employee) –  Killeen, TXMarch 4, 2018
I am passionate about the mission of Laurel Ridge Mission Resiliency in Killeen, Texas--providing day treatment for active duty service members. As a therapist I led groups daily and was expected to carry a caseload of about 10 individuals, offering weekly individual and family therapy sessions, which was manageable. CBT is the primary treatment modality used, there is not a whole lot of other training opportunities offered and Laurel Ridge will not pay for CE's or opportunities in advancing certifications. Lack of support in any growth or advancement. Management was my biggest issue and ultimate reason for leaving. As a result of losing connection and lack of referrals from Fort Hood, without notice or warning all full-time therapists and staff (except two supervisors) were moved from full-time to PRN status. This organization demonstrated a lack of integrity when doing this as they were not transparent throughout the process. When called into work there was unpredictability and job responsibilities were unclear. Without support from Fort Hood, the mission has changed and a new program for military adult dependents was added on, primarily focusing on providing DBT groups and short-term intensive care. The supervisors have poor work ethic and demonstrate lack of leadership skills. The supervisors were not receptive to feedback and unsupportive towards staff. Overall, I feel that if leadership were to change than this could be a healthy work environment again, but at this time I would not recommend others to work here unless you are looking for something temporary.
Pros
Satisfaction with patient care, positive relationship with co-workers
Cons
Supervisors, non-transparency, lack of job stability
Easy until you get disrespected and framed for no rey
Mental Health Worker (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 16, 2018
I enjoyed working here until I started to see favoritism . I grew tired of this place eventually. That’s when I knew it was time to go. Then unexpectedly I started getting warnings for no reason
No comment
Partial Hospitalization Therapist (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 10, 2018
Okay place to learn and obtain internship hours, but not a long term placement. The mgmt is revenue driven, and this often translates to patients and employees not getting what they need.
Pros
Free lunches, tight knit teams
Cons
Management inconsiderate of employee or patient feedback
Worked as MHW
Mental Health Technician (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 2, 2018
Job was okay, nothing great. Your day all depended on the unit and staff you worked with.

They move you around a lot, even from your home unit.

Raises were a joke.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Pay, constant moving due to staffing
demanding enviornement
National Military Liaison (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 24, 2018
most managers or leadership not concerned about taking care of their people, not concerned about the welfare of staff. Only concerned about bottom line.
Pros
competitive work place
Cons
not family or people oriented
The ebb and flow of mental health care.
LPC (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 17, 2018
The strain of an ever changing patient demographic appears to impact the consistent care of all residents. It is unfortunate, yet inevitable that some of the patients being admitted can disrupt the previously established setting of the units they are admitted into.
Pros
highly dedicated staff
Cons
periodically understaffed
Events
Business Office Coordinator (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 26, 2017
Laurel Ridge Treatment Center has great employee events for all employees, including night shift. Laurel Ridge has pleasant looking grounds, and a fun ropes course.
Comfortable
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 23, 2017
Great place to work if you enjoy providing therapeutic environment
for people. I would have never wanted to leave this job however, life took me elsewhere. Staff are great. Patients I worked with were
very interesting providing a great learning opportunity to impact
others in a positive way.
Pros
Great environment
Cons
Short staffed occasionally.
Fun and happy place to work
Counselor (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 9, 2017
Outstanding management, supervisor that are supportive, coworkers that are outstanding, and a place where you are happy to go to work. The pay is not as competitive but you learn and grow experience wise.
Pros
Learn a lot and lots of little perks from managements
Cons
Need to increase pay
Lr
MHW (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 1, 2017
co workers were great. The higher up nor so much at times. It seems like the pick favorites and become one sided depending on who the pt is. So pt the truly care about some they do not.
Pros
healthcare
Cons
people in leader of the military unit
It became a different place when taken over by a large company
Registered Charge Nurse and Supervisor (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 30, 2017
I took care of both adolescents and children in residential care. I enjoyed my work. There were times when it was a more dangerous place to work due to poor staffing. I enjoyed the people I worked with and the kids I cared for.
Pros
good people to work with
Cons
poor staffing much of the time

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Laurel Ridge Treatment Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Laurel Ridge Treatment Center Reviews by Location