Laurels of Hudsonville Employee Reviews

Fast paced
LPN Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Hudsonville, MINovember 30, 2018
I was constantly mandated, I got sick and never had called into work before and had a manager that made me. Hardest part of the job was the manager was inappropriate
no way
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Hudsonville, MINovember 29, 2018
poor communications from management, unable to approach most staff, very poor follow through with care and compassion, very money making focused. would not recomend.
Overall Not the best place to work
Certified Nurse Aide(CNA) (Former Employee) –  Hudsonville, MINovember 13, 2018
I was promised compensation for schooling that I had done to become a CNA(also promised to me by the state) however, they took my receipt that they use to verify the schooling sent it to "corporate" and after multiple attempts of me trying to get compensated over the past 18 months now, I have still yet to get paid what I was promised when I began working here. It is a failure in management who fail to properly staff their floor and poor quality equipment that make it more difficult to do the tasks required of the job. They expect to much of their employees who care for people that can't care for themselves. It is a terrible place to work.
Pros
Overtime pay
Cons
everything else
Stressful Workplace
RN and Andrea Stack, DON Phone (Former Employee) –  Hudsonville, MI 49426November 11, 2018
Stressful workplace, no room for advancement, poor benefits, poor management, management assigns 13 residents per CNA which can be tough to keep up with, but the job is very rewarding.
Stay far away
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hudsonville, MIAugust 22, 2018
They are very neglectful towards residents. The workers there are very rude and not helpful and are basically a mess. They had a worker hung over every day at work ans finally tols him to come back in 6months after he straightens out instead of firing him. This place is a joke!also was suppose to be fulltime and everytime i made the 45min srive i would come in and be sent home because i was a newbee and no one else wanted to lose hours i would be sent home.
Pros
Cons
Lose hours, no breaks, neglectful
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hudsonville, MIJune 14, 2018
I worked as a CENA and in the nursing home it was a very fast paced work environment. It was very stressful because we never had enough staff to assist with patient care.
Great place to work!
LPN Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  NursingFebruary 23, 2018
Amazing management! You must be a team player to work here. The nursing staff from hospitality aides, cnas, floor nurses, unit managers, ADON,and DON, are the best I've ever worked with! 25+ years on the floor so this says allot.
Pros
Benefits, co workers
fast paced
CERTIFIED NURSING ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Hudsonville, MIFebruary 20, 2018
I enjoyed my time at the Laurels. The DON was easy to work for and if you are a dependable, hard working employee, she was especially easy to work for. One of the downfalls was my pay. The raises were 2% across the board for CNA's. Benefits were really cheap, around $23.00 for a single person bi-weekly. The best part of the job was most of the LPN's and CNA's are amazing people and therapy is in the building everyday and are also pretty awesome. Sadly the Laurels started to take in a lot of drug and alcohol dependent patients, which led to extremely high stress levels. Some of which were homeless and treated the employees like personal servants. They were getting people as young as 20 years old, who would expect to be waited on hand and foot. Leaving some of the elderly patients waiting for care for lengthy times. I had a homeless drunk throw a tray of food at me and I knew my time as an employee was coming to an end once I was treated like that.
Pros
Benefits, co-workers
Cons
pay, some of the shady patiants they brought in (not elderly).
Positive work environment
Business Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Hudsonville, MIAugust 31, 2017
Great place to work with an excellent management team. Management is approachable and willing to listen to new ideas. Employee appreciation days monthly as well as an annual company event.
CNA Not my cup of tea
State Licensed Certified Nurse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hudsonville, MINovember 8, 2015
I was not prepared to be a CNA I got my licenses before realizing the job involved changing Adult diapers. I was thinking I would work in a hospital and the job would be more exciting
Happy residents
Unit Manager then Assistant Director of Nursing (Former Employee) –  Hudsonville, MIApril 8, 2015
Very caring line staff. Administrator and nursing management all new. Clean facility. Kitchen is clean and the food is homemade and tastes great.
Laurels of Hudsonville
CNA-Certified Nurses Aide (Former Employee) –  Hudsonville MIOctober 3, 2014
Good company with compassionate workers. Some workers could gain more experiece and pay more attention to what residents really need. But the company and management are good. The hardest part of the job would be seeing the Rehab residents leave, but it was also the best feeling in the world to watch them get better. I enjoyed being able to work with Rehab residents, it was the most honoring part of my job
Pros
Lunches, snacks, being with people
Cons
Short break, changes in schedule.
Great Place To Work
CNA (Former Employee) –  Hudsonville, MIJuly 2, 2014
Typical day is helping the elder on their needs, and feeling good about doing so at the end of the day.
Pros
Paying for your lunch
Cons
The smiles you get in return
Medical Billing and Coding
Medical Biller/ Coder (Former Employee) –  Hudsonville, MIAugust 16, 2013
Coding patient charts
posting payments
Insurance follow up
Pros
work
Cons
it has none
Classic Nursing home.
LPN charge nurse (Former Employee) –  Hudsonville, MIJune 5, 2013
Terrible pay, terrible staffing to patient ratios, unrealistic job duties and roles, benefits were not great. Management not involved in staff.
I was a bad fit, but that isn't the fault of the Laurels.
CNA (Current Employee) –  Hudsonville, MIMarch 13, 2013
If you know that being a CNA is for you and you love the work the Laurels is worth your consideration. The people in management and the co-workers are kind and lovely people. I don't feel I'm fit to judge the other aspects of this workplace, because working as an aid in a facility is a poor fit for me.
Pros
the co-workers
Cons
chronically understaffed, but they are working on that