Lavelle Industries Employee Reviews

Horrible Place to work
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Burlington, WIJune 4, 2019
The management team for the shifts I worked were HORRIBLE. They do not listen to you when you bring up issues about product or about being harrassed by other co-workers. HR does nothing to help any problems, they will look at you and tell you it's not big enough of an issue to do anything. Pay sucks, it's the lowest paid factory in the area. Majority of those who work there are felons, child predators, etc. NOT a comfortable safe environment to be in. If you're looking for a job with good pay, great management team, overall around a good environment, TURN AROUND, this is not the place for you.
Hope you have an attorney
Frenchstone (Former Employee) –  Burlington, WIMay 28, 2019
They are well known to wrongfully terminate employees and if they don't like you they make it a point to get you to quit and if you won't quit they'll fire you.. seen it to many times.
Cons
Awful company be prepared to be wrongfully fired
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Whitewater, WIMay 18, 2019
Terrible company they fire you for false accusations i recomend finding work elsewhere

Plus there pay is terrible

And only 1/3rd of an hpur of bacation a week which is a terrible rate
Pros
N/a
Poor managment
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Burlington, WIMay 12, 2019
Not happy with management because the are not very understanding or take documentation. To excuse seriously... Then after they fire they want to take away your unemployment...
Good for college students
Assembler (Current Employee) –  Whitewater, WIMarch 25, 2019
Would not keep as a full time job, but good for students in the area. They will not give raises, but hours are flexible. Management in assembly area not the greatest.
Lavelle industries
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Whitewater, WIFebruary 18, 2019
Managers will talk down to you. No communication between supervisor and managers. It's 90% college kids and high school kids so there's that. You stand in one place for 8 hours a day NO lunch break. Only 10 min break every 4 hours. They treat you bad because they know they have unlimited college workers!!!
Pros
None!
Cons
Your job is in the toilet
Assembly Line Worker/Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Whitewater, WIJanuary 27, 2019
Plastic and rubber parts factory. Assembly lines are fast if not faster paced. Mindless minimal tasks with 10-12 people on one line. Press operators had an easy but more difficult task and have to pay attention to what’s going on in the mold and how to package the product coming out of the machine. Some jobs were easier than others, but the days can drag on if you’re not good at entertaining yourself. After a while they might switch you over to other areas to do multiple duties, but I would recommend the plunger cell. Very detailed-oriented and perfect parts. If there’s a smudge on your toilet part, it’s not good enough. I’ve never made so many toilet jokes in my life. They should make t shirts. Some people did have some, but the CEO has a gold mine for marketing on his hands. “We take our sh** seriously.”
Pros
Easy work, radio
Cons
Too easy, cramps, develop muscle disorders, repetitive motion constantly
Low Pay
Shipping Assistant (Former Employee) –  Whitewater, WIAugust 23, 2018
Low paying, no advancement very disorganized. I wouldn't recommend anyone working here. Breaks are short and there is just absolutely no organization to this place.
Fun productive work place
Factory Worker (Former Employee) –  Burlington, WIJune 24, 2018
This job was very intense at times, but it never really got stressful or overwhelming. The employees and managers are very nice and respectful, and the work is easy, you just gotta be quick.
Pros
Good pay
Micro Management
Manufacturing Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Burlington, WIJune 22, 2018
They control every hour of work and and even give you a schedule to follow of where to be at, they provided little training and then you are left alone to repined for other peoples job you don't even know or have applied for
Pros
Salary
Cons
Plant Manager Micro manages your everyday/hour
Welcome to your work family!
Quality Control Technician (Current Employee) –  Burlington, WIJune 16, 2018
I worked at this company for 7 years. They worked with me and my family through all the highs and lows I had. They paid for classes related to my job and were willing to cross train. We got compensated nicely and got bonuses if sales did well. It is a 100 year old company and they are still expanding. Best job I ever had.
Pros
401k, health care, family centered, friendly office staff
Cons
short breaks, HOT on the press line
its a factory
Horizontal press operator (Current Employee) –  Burlington, WIMay 30, 2018
I work 12 hours a day on a CWW crew, I prefer that to the normal 7 to 3 Monday to Friday. the hardest part of the day is around noon at the moment that is when the planet get the warmest.
Productive Workplace.
Production Associate (Former Employee) –  Whitewater, WIMarch 19, 2018
Lavelle is a competitive company that offers a decent income, especially as a college student. The work atmosphere is comfortable and enjoyable. Job is pretty straight forward.
Pros
Social Atmosphere
Cons
Short Breaks
pick pack and ship product
Packer/Inspector (Former Employee) –  Burlington, WIDecember 18, 2017
extremely fast paced line assembly, packaging and labeling of product, very team orientated and structured work ethic. supervisors were very stressed.
Pros
fun place to work
Cons
alot is expected
Grateful to work here!
Office Employee (Current Employee) –  Burlington, WIDecember 12, 2017
I’ve been with Lavelle over 6 years, working in the Burlington office. In my job, I get to work with employees across the company, including some of the Whitewater plant. We all work hard and have the usual struggles that come from a growing company, by the workload and sales growth are exciting, it’s easy to see how the company has managed to not only stay in business, but to grow and remain profitable since 1912. While there’s still barriers between teams and employee groups, the walls seem to be coming down as the years go by. The annual goal setting process is really cool and I love the family atmosphere.
Pros
Family-friendly events, job security, sustained profitability, great team dynamics
Cons
Conference rooms are tough to book
Suspicious.
Management (Former Employee) –  Whitewater, WINovember 29, 2017
If you like fixing sabatoged equipment and hearing about people talking behind your back while management subtly instructs you on ways to sidestep laws then go for it. In all fairness it's a company who's interest is to make money and isn't particularly concerned with the well being of the employees. It's more likely that you'll be thrown out before they take the time to teach you anything.
Pros
8 hour shift, mindless work
Cons
Inter shift hostility, no official training programs, no advancement
A place to grow and learn if u try
Process Technician (Former Employee) –  Burlington, WINovember 8, 2017
If you out your time in and want to learn more and work hard, the jobs for high pay and advancement are there to take but not often. Hard work is reward but also a punishment when trying to move up in the company. They will leave you in your spot if you do a great job cause they can't find a good replacement.
exhausting
Press Operator, Process Engineer (Former Employee) –  Burlington, WINovember 6, 2017
Same work everyday. No change and no advancement. Strict time management,. They watch your lunches, breaks, and bathroom breaks. Stressful workplace with unappreciative employees.
Lavellel
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Whitewater, WISeptember 25, 2017
My job was to help create a refill valve and when i would do that i was put in a different station every 2 hours. Each station you had a different role to create a different part of the valve.
Pros
worked well with school
Cons
only 10 minute breaks
Productive and smooth place to work.
Assembly Worker (Former Employee) –  Whitewater, WISeptember 21, 2017
The work is not hard at all. The supervisors are pretty cool and easy to talk to. Usually everyone speaks to you whether to say hello or goodbye or simply to make conversation on the line. I was part-time, only working 4 hours a day, so I only had one break lasting 10 minutes which wasn't bad, but it goes by really fast especially with bad service there.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lavelle Industries. Our community is ready to answer.

Lavelle Industries Reviews by Location