Lavelle Industries Employee Reviews in Whitewater, WI

Too high of turnover to properly manage
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Whitewater, WIAugust 23, 2019
As a supervisor on 2nd shift I felt as if I did not receive the proper training or support to properly utilize my skills.

Very high turnover of employees made it difficult to succeed on goals that were set for me.

Assistant supervisors were more geared to the hourly associates instead of the goals of the management team. Assistant supervisors lacked proper training and education of a professional management team.
Low pay, high expectations, no accountability
Assistant Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Whitewater, WIAugust 21, 2019
There are so many amazing people to work with here, all with different and interesting personalities. The jobs on the press side are definitely challenging and will push you to your limits, and if you are self motivated then this is the place for you. The down side is not to expect much positive feedback and to have constant new expectations always pushing you harder and harder (even to impossible standards). There also seems to be a different set of standards for different employees, where some may leave work whenever they please (at least once a week early) or spend most of the day sleeping in their car as they please, while management puts other employees on last warning for attendance while they still have sick time to use. They seem to make up the rules as they go. I appreciate the opportunity I was granted but was very happy to move on from the job.
Pros
great production team, great chance to test skills and grow
Cons
low pay, short breaks, different standards for different employees
Lavelle
Assmebly line (Former Employee) –  Whitewater, WIJuly 24, 2019
HR staff were kind, friendly, and always helpful when I had question. They were always there when I needed help and were quick to help me find a solution. Lots of company drama that effected the work environment and made it uncomfortable to work in.
Pros
They were flexible with hours and shifts, coworkers were easy going. We would get bonuses.
Cons
Ok ween staff, ten minute breaks.Having to sand in the same place for hours. Lots of Managers
Poor management
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Whitewater, WIJuly 23, 2019
Management treating employees with little respect and not helping during a time in need. Wouldn't approve time off for certain employees do to a lack of training other people to do the job.
Lavelle Industries
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Whitewater, WIJuly 15, 2019
It sucks working there. We got a new supervisor like every month nobody ever stays working at Lavelle except for collage and high school students kind of a tough job
Pros
Flexible for high school and collage students
Cons
the pay sucks
Awful company be prepared to be wrongfully fired
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Whitewater, WIMay 18, 2019
Terrible company they fire you for false accusations i recomend finding work elsewhere

Plus there pay is terrible

And only 1/3rd of an hpur of bacation a week which is a terrible rate
Pros
N/a
Good for college students
Assembler (Current Employee) –  Whitewater, WIMarch 25, 2019
Would not keep as a full time job, but good for students in the area. They will not give raises, but hours are flexible. Management in assembly area not the greatest.
Lavelle industries
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Whitewater, WIFebruary 18, 2019
Managers will talk down to you. No communication between supervisor and managers. It's 90% college kids and high school kids so there's that. You stand in one place for 8 hours a day NO lunch break. Only 10 min break every 4 hours. They treat you bad because they know they have unlimited college workers!!!
Pros
None!
Cons
Your job is in the toilet
Assembly Line Worker/Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Whitewater, WIJanuary 27, 2019
Plastic and rubber parts factory. Assembly lines are fast if not faster paced. Mindless minimal tasks with 10-12 people on one line. Press operators had an easy but more difficult task and have to pay attention to what’s going on in the mold and how to package the product coming out of the machine. Some jobs were easier than others, but the days can drag on if you’re not good at entertaining yourself. After a while they might switch you over to other areas to do multiple duties, but I would recommend the plunger cell. Very detailed-oriented and perfect parts. If there’s a smudge on your toilet part, it’s not good enough. I’ve never made so many toilet jokes in my life. They should make t shirts. Some people did have some, but the CEO has a gold mine for marketing on his hands. “We take our sh** seriously.”
Pros
Easy work, radio
Cons
Too easy, cramps, develop muscle disorders, repetitive motion constantly
Low Pay
Shipping Assistant (Former Employee) –  Whitewater, WIAugust 23, 2018
Low paying, no advancement very disorganized. I wouldn't recommend anyone working here. Breaks are short and there is just absolutely no organization to this place.
Productive Workplace.
Production Associate (Former Employee) –  Whitewater, WIMarch 19, 2018
Lavelle is a competitive company that offers a decent income, especially as a college student. The work atmosphere is comfortable and enjoyable. Job is pretty straight forward.
Pros
Social Atmosphere
Cons
Short Breaks
Suspicious.
Management (Former Employee) –  Whitewater, WINovember 29, 2017
If you like fixing sabatoged equipment and hearing about people talking behind your back while management subtly instructs you on ways to sidestep laws then go for it. In all fairness it's a company who's interest is to make money and isn't particularly concerned with the well being of the employees. It's more likely that you'll be thrown out before they take the time to teach you anything.
Pros
8 hour shift, mindless work
Cons
Inter shift hostility, no official training programs, no advancement
Lavellel
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Whitewater, WISeptember 25, 2017
My job was to help create a refill valve and when i would do that i was put in a different station every 2 hours. Each station you had a different role to create a different part of the valve.
Pros
worked well with school
Cons
only 10 minute breaks
Productive and smooth place to work.
Assembly Worker (Former Employee) –  Whitewater, WISeptember 21, 2017
The work is not hard at all. The supervisors are pretty cool and easy to talk to. Usually everyone speaks to you whether to say hello or goodbye or simply to make conversation on the line. I was part-time, only working 4 hours a day, so I only had one break lasting 10 minutes which wasn't bad, but it goes by really fast especially with bad service there.
Fun work Great Experience
Assembly (Former Employee) –  Whitewater, WIMay 27, 2017
Enjoyable and not complicated work with a great employee/management atmosphere. We were payed well for the expected work and they offered students flexible scheduling to work around classes and projects.
Flexible enviornment
Laborer (Current Employee) –  Whitewater, WI 53190January 29, 2017
A few things that I learned from working at this company were: always make quality parts, be flexible with them they will be flexible with you and to work well in both a team and individual setting.
Productive workplace
Line Assembler (Current Employee) –  Whitewater, WIJune 2, 2016
A typical day includes assembly making parts really fast and doing our job as a line assembly worker. It is very boring and easy
Pros
Getting paid every week, steady hours
Cons
short breaks. only two breaks
Not a good place to work
Mold Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Whitewater, WIMay 13, 2013
Long days and bad compensation the management does not help the employees.
Mindless factory job
Floater/Waterbug/Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Whitewater, WIMarch 4, 2013
No opportunity for raises or advancement. Good College job.
Hypocritical; not a good work environment
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Whitewater, WIAugust 22, 2012
Hypocrisy was the air we breathed. No one followed the rules (not even management). Attention was not given to the detail of the products we were making. The only time that we were told to be more careful with what we were doing, was when the owners and upper management would come to visit.
I was moved a lot because I was a "temp." Sometimes they would have me on the assembly line; sometimes preparing parts (prepping, inspecting and testing) for the line; and sometimes, helping maintenance with cleaning.
I liked my coworkers, but they would complain a lot about their jobs, which would get anoying very easily.
The hardest part of the job would be trying to make sure that the products, we were making, were the best they could be before packaging them. This was hard at times because the line would move very fast, not giving enough time to do a thorough, proper inspection of the parts.
The most enjoyable part of the job would be, for me, inspecting, and testing the parts. It was enjoyable because I got to sit-down and have a little more time to check for deficiencies of any kind. Eventually I got a lot faster at this.
Pros
vending-machines with credit card payment option. the fact that i got paid at this place.
Cons
prices of vending-machine products, management and veteran workers gave a bad example, constant bickering and complaining from co-workers, the requiremnt for safety glasses (even if you already have glasses) low morale at work place.