Lavelle Industries Employee Reviews for Press Operator

exhausting
Press Operator, Process Engineer (Former Employee) –  Burlington, WINovember 6, 2017
Same work everyday. No change and no advancement. Strict time management,. They watch your lunches, breaks, and bathroom breaks. Stressful workplace with unappreciative employees.
Great Place To Work
Compressed Group Lead, Union Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Burlington, WISeptember 10, 2017
Lavelle was a great place to work. I enjoyed my time there. I could have retired there. However they do not have a retirement plan. So put as much in their 401k as possible
Pros
Lots of time off
Cons
Hot
Good company with room to grow
Press Operator (Current Employee) –  Burlington, WIDecember 8, 2016
I've been with the company for 5 years and the work is pretty easy once you get to know the machines, especially since the last contract when they moved to work teams. There's a ton of overtime and the benefits are really good. I had a tough time with some personal issues and the HR lady and my boss worked with me and gave me a referral to get past my problems, let me have some flex time to take care of my family and showed that they don't want to lose a good worker. The only thing that sucks is when stewards try to drag you into stupid situations and stick up for the lazy people who think their special and above the rules.
Pros
Overtime, pay and job stability
Cons
Employee infighting and self serving union stewards
Good first job for factory experience
Press Operator (Current Employee) –  Burlington, WISeptember 23, 2014
Some co-workers are hard to get a long with.
Have to be responsible for keeping your press running.
Learned how to troubleshoot the presses to get them to produce good products.
Mindless factory job
Floater/Waterbug/Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Whitewater, WIMarch 4, 2013
No opportunity for raises or advancement. Good College job.
Lacking honesty.
Press operator. (Former Employee) –  Burlington, WIJuly 24, 2012
Well, I was terminated because of a falsehood. I'm not bitter but the things I was told by this companies trainers was off, let me give an example. A couple machine operating trainers told me while I was operating a machine hooked to a computer that the reason they were showing me the book of settings was for when I would be on the machine alone and "someone" would sneak up behind me and put the machine on an off setting so I would have to figure out why my machine was malfunctioning and they did do this to me on several occasions and just lied to the boss it was my fault and he believed them. Let me tell you, if someone in a work environmant says they have special permission to play practical jokes that costs the company time and money chances are they're liars.
Pros
good benefits after 90 days if you make it threw their employees.
Cons
people spreading lies and passing wrongful judgements on you.