Lavelle Industries Employee Reviews

Grateful to work here!
Office Employee (Current Employee) –  Burlington, WIDecember 12, 2017
I’ve been with Lavelle over 6 years, working in the Burlington office. In my job, I get to work with employees across the company, including some of the Whitewater plant. We all work hard and have the usual struggles that come from a growing company, by the workload and sales growth are exciting, it’s easy to see how the company has managed to not only stay in business, but to grow and remain profitable since 1912. While there’s still barriers between teams and employee groups, the walls seem to be coming down as the years go by. The annual goal setting process is really cool and I love the family atmosphere.
Pros
Family-friendly events, job security, sustained profitability, great team dynamics
Cons
Conference rooms are tough to book
Suspicious.
Management (Former Employee) –  Whitewater, WINovember 29, 2017
If you like fixing sabatoged equipment and hearing about people talking behind your back while management subtly instructs you on ways to sidestep laws then go for it. In all fairness it's a company who's interest is to make money and isn't particularly concerned with the well being of the employees. It's more likely that you'll be thrown out before they take the time to teach you anything.
Pros
8 hour shift, mindless work
Cons
Inter shift hostility, no official training programs, no advancement
A place to grow and learn if u try
Process Technician (Former Employee) –  Burlington, WINovember 8, 2017
If you out your time in and want to learn more and work hard, the jobs for high pay and advancement are there to take but not often. Hard work is reward but also a punishment when trying to move up in the company. They will leave you in your spot if you do a great job cause they can't find a good replacement.
exhausting
Press Operator, Process Engineer (Former Employee) –  Burlington, WINovember 6, 2017
Same work everyday. No change and no advancement. Strict time management,. They watch your lunches, breaks, and bathroom breaks. Stressful workplace with unappreciative employees.
Lavellel
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Whitewater, WISeptember 25, 2017
My job was to help create a refill valve and when i would do that i was put in a different station every 2 hours. Each station you had a different role to create a different part of the valve.
Pros
worked well with school
Cons
only 10 minute breaks
Productive and smooth place to work.
Assembly Worker (Former Employee) –  Whitewater, WISeptember 21, 2017
The work is not hard at all. The supervisors are pretty cool and easy to talk to. Usually everyone speaks to you whether to say hello or goodbye or simply to make conversation on the line. I was part-time, only working 4 hours a day, so I only had one break lasting 10 minutes which wasn't bad, but it goes by really fast especially with bad service there.
Great Place To Work
Compressed Group Lead, Union Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Burlington, WISeptember 10, 2017
Lavelle was a great place to work. I enjoyed my time there. I could have retired there. However they do not have a retirement plan. So put as much in their 401k as possible
Pros
Lots of time off
Cons
Hot
Fun work Great Experience
Assembly (Former Employee) –  Whitewater, WIMay 27, 2017
Enjoyable and not complicated work with a great employee/management atmosphere. We were payed well for the expected work and they offered students flexible scheduling to work around classes and projects.
Flexible enviornment
Laborer (Current Employee) –  Whitewater, WI 53190January 29, 2017
A few things that I learned from working at this company were: always make quality parts, be flexible with them they will be flexible with you and to work well in both a team and individual setting.
Fun workplace with great people.
Mold Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Burlington, WIJanuary 22, 2017
I worked at Lavelle as a summer employee. I enjoyed my time there, as the people were very welcoming and very easy to get along with. I would recommend Lavelle to anyone looking for work.
Good company with room to grow
Press Operator (Current Employee) –  Burlington, WIDecember 8, 2016
I've been with the company for 5 years and the work is pretty easy once you get to know the machines, especially since the last contract when they moved to work teams. There's a ton of overtime and the benefits are really good. I had a tough time with some personal issues and the HR lady and my boss worked with me and gave me a referral to get past my problems, let me have some flex time to take care of my family and showed that they don't want to lose a good worker. The only thing that sucks is when stewards try to drag you into stupid situations and stick up for the lazy people who think their special and above the rules.
Pros
Overtime, pay and job stability
Cons
Employee infighting and self serving union stewards
Its like a sweat shop!
Packager (Former Employee) –  Burlington, WISeptember 15, 2016
The management team sucks and its constant high school drama. If your not at your work station the entire shift minus breaks they will fire you; although the younger kids who have parents working in the office somehow get to get away with whatever they want to do. You only get 2 ten minute breaks, no smoking on property, and if your not back from your break on time the supervisors will write you up. If you do something wrong being a newbie especially a temp they will write you up without you knowing and not tell you about the write up. Also watch out for the older employees who have been there for quite sometime if they dont like something your doing they will go tell the supervisor and have you fired also. This company is a legal sweat shop and they drive you like a slave. Beware of the plant manager also.
Pros
pay is ok
Cons
people, management, and the break times
great place to work - out going co workers very friendly
technical support/trouble shooting (Current Employee) –  Burlington, WIJuly 6, 2016
Days go by fast when calls are busy typically take 20-40 calls/day
I learned a lot about how to repair a toilet.
very understandable managers and supervisors will work with you.
The co-workers are very outgoing and friendly.
The hardest part about this job is understanding how Korky products work.
I enjoy speaking to customers that appricate the help that was offered.
Pros
very flexable and are willing to work with you on most things
Cons
n/a
Productive workplace
Line Assembler (Current Employee) –  Whitewater, WIJune 2, 2016
A typical day includes assembly making parts really fast and doing our job as a line assembly worker. It is very boring and easy
Pros
Getting paid every week, steady hours
Cons
short breaks. only two breaks
Terrible Place to work
AMP (Former Employee) –  Burlington, WIMay 19, 2016
Terrible place to work, threatened to get fired by some random people cause they don't like the way I work. Supervisors are cool but took the side of the employees that have been there for awhile which was expected . I would not recommend working there. It may be easy work but when people mess with your machines and try to get you fired by lying and making things up is when you need to pack up and leave. I literally called her and the followers out in front of the supervisor and he didn't do anything so instead of taking my problem to bad places I voluntarily quit. Anyone reading this and trying to work there when you go on break people for some reason really like to mess with your machines and completed work.
Pros
Couple people there who are cool
Cons
People mess with your machines while your on break
good company
Worker (Current Employee) –  Burlington, WIMay 11, 2016
It's a good company, I'm not sure if there is room for much advancement if any. I think the biggest divide is in company culture between the works in the plant and those in the office.
Sales and Marketing Intern
Sales & Marketing Intern (Former Employee) –  Burlington, WIApril 20, 2016
I was a sales and marketing intern for Lavelle Industries, one of the leading companies in toilet repair. I was in charge of cold calling hardware stores, and big box stores to gain feedback on our products.
training lack there of
Group Lead (Current Employee) –  Burlington, WIMay 2, 2015
the training program here is in need of a great over haul they place you with people that do not like to train others so you get very little trainign then the just say you are qualified and let you fend for yourself
Good first job for factory experience
Press Operator (Current Employee) –  Burlington, WISeptember 23, 2014
Some co-workers are hard to get a long with.
Have to be responsible for keeping your press running.
Learned how to troubleshoot the presses to get them to produce good products.
Not a good place to work
Mold Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Whitewater, WIMay 13, 2013
Long days and bad compensation the management does not help the employees.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lavelle Industries. Our community is ready to answer.

Lavelle Industries Reviews by Location