LaVida Massage Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Great Owners and Great Team Environment
Licensed Massage Therapist (Current Employee) –  West Seattle, WAJuly 13, 2018
The owners put a lot of effort in the culture and a positive environment. The company meetings and party are great too! I make great benefits. 401K, Dental and Vision, Medical, Sick pay, Vacation Pay, Allowance towards Liability insurance and Continuing Education. I always have a busy schedule from the first day. My favorite place I've worked so far.
Pros
Always booked schedule, great team environment, and co-workers
Cons
Maybe that I stay too busy?
Relaxing place to work!
Front Desk Associate (Current Employee) –  Shelby Charter Township, MI 48315June 28, 2018
I have had many different types of jobs in the past, from food service to retail. This, by far, is the least stressful job I have ever had! Coworkers are friendly and the Management is laid back and easy to talk to!
Pros
Can eat whenever you want
Cons
Drama can happen between coworkers
Typical Chain Massage Job
Licensed Massage Therapist (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIJune 26, 2018
You will stay booked for average pay with bosses who don't understand or respect their therapists. You will be viewed as replaceable. LMT's must know their limits to avoid burn-out. No benefits aside from a free, one hour massage once a month that is offered once hired in and one week paid vacation after a year with the company.
Pros
Free 1 hour massage once a month
Cons
Toxic work enviroment
Management was the worst
Licensed Massage Therapist (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MDJune 15, 2018
LaVida is a family owned franchise and the owner hired her niece to be the manager. The niece has no clue what she is doing and there haven't been changes to the place in forever. Not to mention the place is filthy, never cleaned. The manager dresses inappropriately and does not understand the concept of personal hygiene.
Was SO Long Ago
Massage Therapist (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 6, 2018
Perfect for a recent grad. Get your confidence built up by working with a nice team of professional therapists in a beautiful spa. Always busy, in a great area.
Love LaVida - West Seattle
LEAD THERAPIST (Former Employee) –  West Seattle, WAJune 1, 2018
I loved working at LaVida. It had plenty of wonderful clients and a great team. I am very lucky to have been able to work with them. especially loved the 15minutes between clients, 401k, and other benefits. Great team, great management, nothing but love.
Productive business
Massage Therapist (Former Employee) –  Onalaska, WIMay 12, 2018
I would change the way things were handled with pay and how the rooms were set up. The place was a fun and great atmosphere to get massages. I would say the place was relaxing until they closed. The owner was never in the building and it was hard to get ahold of her.
Pros
Good clients and good coworkers
Cons
Checks bounced, pay checks werent on time.
Horrible owners
Lead massage therapist (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, VAApril 17, 2018
Horrible place to work. Lied to about Sign on bonus and pay. Didn’t find out I wasn’t being paid wha was promised until first check. Then the psycho owner claimed she never promised what she did. Used me to get her store open on the weekends and screwed me over after I did what was promised. Then refused to mail me my w2 when they were suppose to. Horrible place
June 21, 2018

Our leadership worked with you in responding to your concerns for solutions and prompt resolution during the tenure of your employment. We felt we demonstrated expediency, commitment and consistency.

We sincerely apologize for your employment dissatisfaction and only offer you our best regards in future endeavors.

Best Regards,
Susan
Franchisee, LaVida Massage of Gainesville, VA

Absent management
Massage Therapist (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 3, 2018
The owners and managers of this spa are not wellness-minded, and this attitude trickles down to everyone who works here. I was verbally attacked several times bu other therapists. After a month of complaining to management nothing improved. So i quit.
Pros
Free parking
Awesome
Licensed Massage Therapist (Current Employee) –  Bloomfield Twp, MIMarch 20, 2018
I've left lavida one time, and that was because I wanted to see what working at another business would be like. Less than a year later I returned. Lavida offers a relaxed or busy work lifestyle, depending on what you are looking for. The schedule and hours are accomodating for every person, whether you are in school or have children, want part-time or full-time. Its a a great place to work.
Pros
Hours, benefits, clientele, commission, pay, breaks
Hostile environment
Massage therapist (Former Employee) –  Shadyside, PAMarch 12, 2018
I have never worked in a place like this. I was verbally attacked three times by a coworker, twice in front of clients. Evidently, the management didn’t deal with her as The behavior continued. I immediately notified them of her behavior after each incident. (I was not the only person who had problems with her). After the third verbal attack, being called a “lazy cow”, I quit. She still works there.
Massage hygiene and safety standards are not adhered to. I would NEVER work for a chain massage business again.
Super place
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Lake Orion, MIMarch 6, 2018
Great place to work, friendly environment,caring people, staff and therapists.
Front desk is very helpful and pays attention to what is going on with clients as well as staff.
Run by owners who know nothing about massage
Massage Therapist (Former Employee) –  Rochester Hills, MIFebruary 22, 2018
Other locations are better then these were and are owned by different people and run much better these owners shouldn’t be in the spa massage business. Plus their was bad things going on under these owners and they didn’t care
Pros
Great clients
Cons
The worse owners ever
March 12, 2018

It was with serious concern that I saw this recent review of our great center. Given that there has been a single, female owner for the last 3 years, and who owns 3 other locations, perhaps this review is misleading? The accusation of “their was bad things going on” was shared with all the current staff, all of which were equally upset by such an unfounded comment. LaVida Massage provides a professional, caring environment for its’ employees and its’ clients. I offer medical, 401k, vacation time and bonuses. Wonderful employees have worked side-by-side with me for many years, and we are very proud of the great environment that has been created.

Sincerely,
Stephanie
Franchisee of Rochester Hills and Lake Orion, MI LaVida Massage

very busy
Massage Therapist (Current Employee) –  Cartersville, GAFebruary 20, 2018
A typical day at lavida consist of clocking in, warming up towels,and preparing our assigned rooms to massage clients

when there is free time your either warming up more towels or folding laundry
Pros
flexible work schedule
Most relaxing work environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Canton, GAFebruary 14, 2018
I enjoy working some where that is so relaxing and most clients are extremely happy. My associates are friendly and nice to work with. Managment is caring and always listens to my ideas. If I ever need anything all I have to do is ask!
Pros
Free and discounted services, great work environment
February 15, 2018

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We are delighted to have employees like you on our team!

Amazing Place to work!! Great People all around!!
Receptionst (Current Employee) –  Clarkston, MIFebruary 5, 2018
Working at LaVida Massage in Clarkston is great!! I've worked other jobs before but nothing compares. The staff is great and management is even better! Everyone helps each other out when in need of covering shifts and most importantly everyone respects one another. As front desk staff, we know how to manage therapists schedules effectively to keep therapists and clients happy. We're all very professional, but we keep it light and friendly. There's no competition to better than another. It's absolutely great and I would recommend working here to anyone.
Fun, busy an overall great place to work!
Massage Therapist (Current Employee) –  Clarkston, MIFebruary 5, 2018
Great place to work! Love the people and clients that come into our location. Very flexible with my schedule as a mom of 2. Work/home balance is amazing.
Depends on Owner
Front Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  Cartersville, GAJanuary 23, 2018
All spa are franchises so are owned separately. When I first started i had an amazing owner who cared about the employees and the spa but them we got a new owner who is currently driving this location to the ground. They are very unorganized and don't believed in properly compensating employees for all the work they did
Pros
Free massages
Cons
part time, unprofessional, no breaks
February 15, 2018

Thank you for sharing your experience. We appreciate any and all input regarding our locations. Please send any additional concerns to info@lavidamassage.com.

Poor Management and Supervisors
Massage Therapist - Independent Contractor (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJanuary 17, 2018
The Owner / Management is a liar and dishonest person. The supervisors she has there are selfish, harassing and only out for themselves. All other therapist are afraid to tell the truth and are afraid of supervisors.
Pros
none worst place to work as a therapist
Cons
Management, Supervisors and work culture .
They don't pay their emplyee's enough
Massage Therapist (Current Employee) –  MichiganJanuary 11, 2018
LaVida would be a much better place to work if they paid their employees at LEAST 50%, however they do not. 60% would be even better. They don't care about their employees, they only care about business and making money.
February 15, 2018

Thank you for sharing your experience. Our Franchisees strive to provide competitive pay for their employees. We're disappointed to hear that you were unhappy with the pay structure. For any other concerns, please email info@lavidamassage.com.