LAW Publications Management reviews

Not what they make it to be
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  MississippiMay 21, 2019
I asked early on if the goals set were tangible and I was assured they were. They were not. I have detailed lists of towns and people I talked to and would turn those in. Some towns just did not have the money to support the cause and there is nothing you could do about that but I was constantly harped on to do more. I’m friendly and can talk to anyone—the problem was not me. The problem was the goals. And the fact that you do not meet your managers and never know who is really in charge. You just get emails and are expected to accept it. Management is terrible and there is very little communication with you as an individual. They do not care about you.
Pros
Have none
Cons
The setup entirely.
Sales representative
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Greenwood, IndianaMarch 11, 2019
I recommend this job for several reasons. You can make more money than you every have and management always tries to put us in the best position to succeed. It is very rewarding knowing that we are helping to fight Drug Abuse and now the Active Shooter problems facing society. Also, we are endorsed by the Sheriff or Chief with a laminated letter. It is much easier to talk with owners for that reason and the closing rate is much higher than other sales job also for that reason. All of my colleagues from all thru the US are so nice and helpful. We truly are a team. The only bad thing about this job is the travel. If you have a very young kids, you might not prefer to be away all week, but my children are grown and it is perfect for my wife and me. She will come with me every 5-6 weeks, which is nice. I am so happy being a part of something great and making great money too.
Cut-throat
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Addison, TXApril 5, 2018
Unorganized, misleading, poor leadership, disappointing, boring, lack of creativity, lacks technology advancement, poor morale, tasks seem unsure, and inconsistent.
Pros
free lunch on Wednesdays
Cons
Poor leadership
Official response from LAW Publications
February 26, 2019

Reply from CEO - Ray Green

It is disappointing to hear this was your experience. I joined LAW last year as CEO and am working through addressing all concerns and feedback, whether I was here or not.

I can say that throughout the second half of last year, we implemented a great deal of improvements in the home office and into the field. Amongst these changes has been virtually an entirely new management team, new processes and systems to support everyone in the field, and more communication from management.

Most importantly, we implemented Principles, which define who we are, the positive culture we have developed, and how we interact as a team. If what you described was your experience at LAW, I’m confident the changes we’ve made have addressed them.

Extraordinary pay but...
Public Relations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Addison, TXDecember 7, 2017
A typical day at work is on the phone more than anything. I learned a set of negotiation and communication skills that you will need to use not only on the phone but in the office as management is there, but not there. From top to bottom the culture is a 100% hunger for money. The hardest part of the job is not the job itself but the A-Type personnel within the company. The most enjoyable part of the job is when the direct deposit hits your account.
Official response from LAW Publications
February 26, 2019

Reply from CEO - Ray Green

It is disappointing to hear that this was your experience. I joined LAW last year as CEO and am working through addressing all concerns and feedback, whether I was here or not.

Last year we made major changes to the company and among these changes was a complete overhaul of management. The team leading today is purpose driven and we are all held accountable to our Principles, which define who we are, the positive culture that we’ve developed, and what our expectations of the team – management or not. It’s given us the opportunity to tie what is a great mission to a great job with great people.

Please don’t hesitate to reach out to inquire about any changes we’ve made or continue making going forward.