Lawn Dawg, Inc. Employee Reviews

productive. Fun work place. Friendly
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Nashua, NHOctober 6, 2017
Lawn Dawg was a great place to work at. Friendly coworkers and staffing. Managers were always very helpful and attentive. We were a big family. It was a great experience working with such wonderful people.
Was a great place to work for.
Director of Operations (Former Employee) –  Rocky Hill, CTSeptember 21, 2017
On September 19,2017, I received the bad news that Lawn Dawg was purchased by TruGreen. I will forever remember this date. We have some great employees with great wok ethic that will be out of a job. If you happen to be interviewing one of these employees, take a chance. I cant say enough about the people i worked with.
Pride and Professional are some of the first words that come to mind.
I never saw this coming in a million years!!
Part-Time for an acquaintance
Landscaping Technician (Former Employee) –  Ruston, LAJuly 26, 2017
This was a small lawn company owned by a friend of a friend. The day would start anywhere between 9:30am and 2:30pm, sometimes it was a no call no show by the manager. I did learn a lot about lawn care and equipment care and maintenance.
Pros
Flexible schedule, friendly and knowledgeable manager/owner.
Cons
Low and unsteady pay, no healthcare, unpredictable schedule.
Comitted team doing its best
HQ personnel (Current Employee) –  Nashua, NHJune 3, 2017
A passionate and devoted management team that works hard to provide the best service it can to its customers. The management here creates a culture that encourages a strong work ethic that is rewarded witg an excellent work/life balance. Great people, great efforts, great place!
Pros
Positive and professional working environment
Cons
None at this time
Great place to work. Excellent opportunity
Route Manager (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 2, 2017
I have been working here for 5.5 years. The pay continues to get better every year. The quality of life and work is a good balance.
I like the structure. Praise for good work.
Pros
Pay is good. Benefits are good.
Cons
Hot out side.
Ok pay, horrible management
Former employee (Former Employee) –  Nashua, NHApril 29, 2017
Loved my job and people, however management is awful at the HQ office. Zero respect, pile work on, zero appreciation and favoritism is ridiculous. They could be such a better company if they removed one person from management. Sad when even vendors hear the Lawn Dawg name and their reaction is..."ugh if only they would remove that one person it would be a better company to deal with." Word of mouth is huge and will ruin a company, they just don't seem to care. Wrong people in the wrong positions.
Pros
Some incentives as a company
Cons
Official response from Lawn Dawg, Inc.
May 5, 2017

Thanks for sharing your perspective! We’d like to know more about your personal experience. Please share your feedback with us via e-mail hr@lawndawg.com so we can continue to improve.

Good people bad working environment
Lawn Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Colonie, NYApril 7, 2017
Lawn dawgs pay is pretty good and I worked with some good guys but management was horrible and the job takes you away from your family with extremely long days of physical labor
Pros
Good pay, you travel
Cons
Very long days, bad management
Official response from Lawn Dawg, Inc.
April 11, 2017

Thanks for sharing your perspective from the Lawn Care team! We’d like to know more about your personal experience. Please share your feedback with us via e-mail hr@lawndawg.com so we can continue to improve.

Great company!
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Nashua, NHFebruary 10, 2017
Amazing company with great benefits! Encouraging atmosphere with plenty of room for growth and movement. Management supports growth and there's always learning and training opportunities.
Pros
Great benefits, paid time off, flexible work schedule
No time for fun.
Lawn Specialist (Former Employee) –  Rocky Hill, CTDecember 5, 2016
Branch I worked at was straight business, no time for fun. Hours are very long. Lots to do, too much driving, heavy lifting, lots of product knowledge was a must. Lots of training for the field.
Pros
OT from time to time
Cons
They expect to much from one tech out in the field.
A busy lawn care company
Lawn Technician (Former Employee) –  Litchfield, NHFebruary 3, 2016
I'm glad I had the opportunity to work for this company because of how much I learned and grew as a person. It involved long days on your feet, talking to a variety of customers and having very little supervision.
Pros
Lots of overtime
Cons
Rainy days
Great customer service opportunity
Assistant Sales Manager/Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Nashua, NHMay 9, 2014
Was a wonderful place to work with extremely easy going coworkers and management.
Ok job
Lawn Technician (Former Employee) –  Rocky Hill, CTApril 18, 2014
It was an ok job and payed good, learned about lawns and insects
It's alright
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Nashua, NHJuly 25, 2012
Before I started to work there, I was promised $10 an hour since it's a telemarketing position for a lawn care company. When I started I was only going to be paid $8.50. I decided not to bring it up and just got straight to work.

They expected you to make phone calls to atleast half the packet of phone numbers, which is about an inch thick. You have to get a certain amount of new clients which, in reality, would rarely happen. So you're constantly being called into the office or taken to the side to be chastised for not meeting the quota.

I have met a few nice co-workers there which was helpful since I was new there. The hours were very helpful at the time because it worked well with my schedule.
Pros
a couple breaks
Cons
high expectancies

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lawn Dawg, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.