Lawn Doctor
Happiness rating is 64 out of 100

Lawn Doctor Employee Reviews

United States81 reviews

doctorcarelearnedgooddaycompanyenvironmentlot

Friendly management that does its best to treat employees fairly.

Management cares about its employees and does what it can to show it. They are accommodating and understanding to your needs. Overtime work is available and compensation is fair for the job.

Productive and friendly environment

They are extremely kind and understanding. They help you get started and help you succeed. They are always there to help when you need it. I really enjoyed working here and am thankful to have had the opportunity.

Lawn Doctor insights

What people like
  • Supportive environment
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Fair pay for job
  • General feeling of work happiness

Very poor management

Worked there for six year in Hanover, management is extremely poor, you are basically left to fend for yourself. They skimp on products but expect production and lawns to look good. They promise you the world, once you get there, you'll see it's nothing as the promised.

The company is a small company and they don’t have that much work .. when all work is completed they will lay you off .. there is no job security and the ceo will not care about how you will survive when there’s no more work

Pros

You get to be outside free from everyone

Cons

There’s no job security company is too small

Fast paced, easy to learn

It was good overall. Work hard and the time will fly by. Figure out how to do it good AND fast and you’ll succeed. Do it right the first time and it’ll pay dividends as the season progresses.

Pros

Not year round work

Cons

Not ear round work.

Good guys to work with but the boss's are not understanding about anything

I wouldn't work for them again. They did teach me alot about different types of grasses. But they are really not the kind of people to be working for. If you have something that you need to take care. They don't care.

Pros

Good guys other truck drivers

Cons

Bosses are a hard to deal with

Just bad

If you decide to work for lawn doctor, expect to be treated like a robot, if you get all your work done early your boss won’t congratulate you but will assign you more. We’re supposed to work a 6-3 but usually work a 6-6, they do not care about you nor your feelings or wellbeing.

Pros

The pay is pretty good but that’s only because of how overworked you are

Cons

You don’t use your break but it still gets taken out of your paycheck, you get one day off, you work 10-12 hr days, boss hates when you take time off.

Positive work environment and amazing boss

Lawn Doctor is a professional and family environment. The values of the owner and the employees make the atmosphere what it is. Everyone is respectful and nice. The pay is good and the owner and managers will do anything to accommodate your schedule and needs.

Awesome

Love working for lawn doctor in pepperpike! The owner is a great guy and will take care of you no matter what! You will not be disappointed and the pay is great

Pros

Great boss

All for one

Kind of a cutthroat place to work. Not a lot of room for advancement and hard work is not really rewarded. Long days are met with “why wasnt it done faster??” By the owner.

Pros

Free boots and shirts

Cons

Work life balance no benefits

Small group with very involved owner.

This franchise is on the smaller end in the industry. The owner is extraordinarily involved and legitimately tries to do his best for his employees and customers. The company uses quality products and tries to be responsive to customer questions and it keeps employees involved and accountable. The owner means well and is very honest and approachable. Overall, very similar to other companies in the industry, but definitely a smaller group with more direct contact and communication with the owner which is usually a positive experience; however, this can cause a cycle of needless conflict at times and over time.

Lawn care tech

A nice easy job where once you learn the equipment, it’s a no brainer. Hours are great to come home and spend the night with your family. (Mon-fri 7-3:30) Saturday overtime is offered depending on our production pacing.

Remote work

Very easy and trained well. Worked from home during summer so it was a great way to stay safe from covid. Easy work, fun work, great company culture.

Very good place to work

Very mission driven. Very nice independent work. Very manageable schedule. Educational and self improving environment. Professional and personal at the same time.

Unprofessional staff

The staff here were completely unprofessional. No one will show you respect that everyone deserves. Management will play that power role so much on you. They will make you seem inferior.

Pros

Constant work, and good exercise

Cons

Bad management and unprofessional employees.

Horrible Ownership

This company is horrible. Not only do they not care about their customers, but the leadership and ownership of this business shows a complete disregard for the welfare of their employees. Sometimes the turnover rate of a company is just a part of the type of business, but in this case it is a direct reflection of the lack of leadership and the owners lack of care in the treatment of their employees. If a company does not care for its employees, how can you trust them to care about the services it is to provide and its clients.

The worst mistake of my life

Constantly lied to so the owner had someone to do the work, was fired for a work related injury, to be brought back because he burnt through 4 employees in a month and a half span only to be let go again after he had me train my replacements, he promised me all kinds of benefits bonuses to get me to quit my job and come work for him, I regret every minute that was wasted there, he hired me as full time, only to be laid off for winter I have 4 kids and needed the year round work don't believe anything from the Middletown Mason Westchester Beavercreek Centerville lawn doctor has to say

Pros

There isn't any pros

Cons

Lied to, no advancement opportunities what so ever, equipment sucks

It was a fun/good place to work at.

Everyone did their part. I would get at least thirty hours a week and the jobs were never really too difficult. There were no benefits with this job which was one of the few downsides.

Pros

Got out early on Friday's sometimes.

Cons

The weather would cut off our hours every now and again.

Great place to work!

The time spent at Lawn Doctor was some of the best times! This company really knows what they are doing, I'm quite sad I left actually and am waiting for an opening so that I may return to working there. Everyone there truly cares for you and your success, very rarely seen in any work place. The owner is a very understanding man, and will work with you through all problems, even personal if you feel lead to share it with him. I really have no complaints about this job!

Pros

Bonuses, free lunches, holiday pay, guaranteed 40 hours, holiday office partys, competitive pay, pay raises, and accommodations.

I loved it

I worked at lawn doctor in MD, VA, DC. Gaithersburg, I really loved working for them, but I had to move to California, too bad there is no lawn doctor here in Sacramento CA. I would love to work for them again.

Pros

Boss was always cool, good lawn care equipment.

Cons

Salary

Productive, rewarding work environment

Typical day involved treating lawns/landscapes and interacting with clients. Management was good. Workplace culture was fine. A lot of days where there isn’t much interaction due to schedules. Hardest part of the job was meeting expectations. Some days felt better than others. Most enjoyable part was the kindness and respect I was given by owners to my family.

Pros

Working alone, making lawns awesome

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lawn Doctor. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Compare Lawn Doctor with

Lawn Doctor reviews by popular job title

• Lawn Doctor
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?