Lawndale Christian Health Center Employee Reviews

Family environment and meaningful work that serves the community
Site Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 1, 2018
At LCHC, you find something truly unique. No matter which position you hold, your work contributes to serving the community in a tangible way. You help provide access to affordable health care while helping people in ways beyond just healing the human body.

The culture is a loving family who stand by each other in and out of the workplace. The relationships you make here are the ones that last a lifetime.

It might not be the easiest job in the world, and it might not be in the safest neighborhood, but when you go home at the end of the day, you can look at yourself in the mirror and know you genuinely made a difference in the world.
Great place
Registration Representative (Current Employee) –  Chicago, IL 60632February 21, 2018
Lawndale is a great place to start off and move up or gain experience to move on to something new. Very understanding of balancing work and life (kids and school), very flexible and many opportunities to move up quickly. This is a non profit organization so pay is not amazing but not horrible, makes up for it in the many benefits!
Pros
health benefits including dental and vision, flexible hours
Good work place
DISPATCHER/ OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 8, 2018
Loved it here. Great leadership and communication, at times stressful but okay. Managers always understandable. Great schedules and very easy with traveling distance.
Great work environment
Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 4, 2017
Great place to work, stress free, slow-paced, co workers are wonderful when it comes to helping you out. Managers are really flexible and helpful with whatever you need. The working hours are manageable.
Overall great christian place to work
Population Health Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 19, 2017
Excellent place to start you work career at. Great benefits to single mother willing to help you with some advancement. a great learning place the doctors care about their patient and so does the staff.
Medical Assistant
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 13, 2017
What I learned about working at Lawndale Christian Health Center was I had to learn about customer service. About helping people and giving them always a positive vibe to always think positive even when things seemed impossible. I speak good judgment, not because I have to, but because my soul lets me know that's who I am. I love helping people and making them realize there is hope. And in that hope, you find it in Christ Jesus. Glory to him.
Great Culture, Low Pay
Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 31, 2017
Just know that you're going to get paid much less than anywhere else. Also know that the work culture here is unique - truly like a family. Everyone on staff is friendly and lovely. They actually care about you - as a person. And the mission is critically important. If you want to do something that matters - this is it.

But know that opportunities for advancement are very limited.

VERY IMPORTANT - this is an unapologetically faith-based organization. If you're not comfortable talking about faith, then this is probably not a good fit for you.
Pros
Great culture, work-life balance is good, people
Cons
pay is very low, benefits are limited - must use Sinai and LCHC for medical services
very good environment
Health Support Clerk (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 25, 2017
I loved working at Lawndale Good people Good environment enjoy talking to patients and doctors love being around kids The Staff there is great church oriented
It's a good place to work depending on your position
Charge Entry Clerk (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 21, 2017
Some supervisors are not fare and others are trying to work with you. You do get good benefits but the pay is not enough for the job. There are 4 locations which help.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Not enough pay
Rewarding work and incredible staff
Family Case Manager Intern (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 20, 2017
Lawndale Christian Health Center goes above and beyond for their community and their clients. I loved how several of the providers and other LCHC staff also lived within the community. When I joined the team everyone was genuine, kind and helped me in any way they could. The hardest part of the job is managing the extensive caseloads and balancing the pace of the clinic. The most enjoyable part of the job is how rewarding it is to work directly with children and families to improve birth outcomes and create brighter futures. LCHC also has a great management team that offers critical and beneficial supervision.

Want to know more about Lawndale Christian Health Center?

Ask a question
Smiles around the World
Dental Assistant Intern (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 17, 2017
I had a wonderful time working with Lawndale Christian Health Center as an dental intern. Everyone was nice, relaxed and hardworking. Everyone want to make sure the clients was happy with their finished work.
Spiritually nurturing environment
Nurse Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 6, 2017
I worked at Lawndale a total of 10 years and my only complaint is that it had an environment which encouraged working and doing for others to the point of burnout . That's what ended up happening to me but I did learn to set my limits in future jobs.
Pros
Christian love and supportive of innovation .
Cons
Can feel used up working there.
Great work place but very low pay.
Laboratory Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 16, 2017
I love my job at Lawndale but the pay is very low I could barely pay my bills. This is a workplace full of love and puts god first. We pray before work and mostly everyone here is very nice and respectful but the pay is not enough for my bills and my family. I would love to be a part of Lawndale Christian health center but its too stressful trying to work here and pay all my bills and support my family.
Pros
Great Godly place to work
Cons
Low pay
Very Diverse
Human Resources Credentialing Intern (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 17, 2017
Lawndale Christian Health Center is a diverse and friendly environment. I've learned to have an open-mind and to be a good team player. The most enjoyable part of the job is praying with patients/staff when needed.
First Career Opportunity
Phlebotomist/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 16, 2017
This was my first career opportunity and it was a good place to start and I learned a lot. I enjoy working with people and learning new skills to advance my career opportunities.
Making everyday a productive day
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 6, 2017
On a typical day at work I assisted a Physician with greeting, vitaling, and rooming patients. I assisted the with Physician with any minor procedures done in the Doctor's office, etc. During the time I have been in the market i have learned to interact with patients under any circumstance, whether or not a patient was having a good day or a bad day. If the patient was not having a good day, I always found a way to ease the patient by offering further assistance. I always managed my time wisely, if there was a very slow day in the medical office I made sure all my rooms where properly stocked, or I would make confirmation calls for follow-up appointments, answer the phone, schedule appointments, etc. I have always tried to be help out mu co workers by simply covering lunches, helping out with vitaling their patients, setting up for upcoming procedures. The hardest part of my job would be trying to please a Physician, because I have worked with many Doctor's in the past I have experienced that each doctor has their own technique of getting things done. so my hardest thing to do is to get used to each and every Physicians customs. The most enjoyable part of the job would be interacting with my patients because i get to learn something new everyday.
great company to work for
Environment of Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Chicago . Il North Lawndale communityJanuary 5, 2017
very Diverse company, great place to work if you have no work experience and are new to the job market and are young. requires little education. Great place to be of service. In the heart of North Lawndale community.
Pros
great neighborhood and great location
Cons
must know how to be very submissive and be molded to what others think of you
Lawndale is a friendly yet faith based organization that allows you to grow in the love of God
Test Counselor (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 14, 2016
A typical day for me in my line of work consist of going out into communities to educate on and test 7 to 8 individuals for HIV and issue condoms to everyone I encounter. As well as to link those positive to care as well as help those not infected to maintain a normal and healthy lifestyle by providing information and resources to those in need of such assistance. From my co-workers, I learned to have patience and conversate without displaying emotions. the hardest part of this job is to get individuals to test as well as listen to the prevention education. the most enjoyable part of this job is when I connect someone to care as well as provide helpful information and resources to help them grow a whole and overcome barriers throughout life
Pros
i learned to be considerate and mindful when dealing with a diverse population.
Cons
not being able to obtain a full time position with this organization
Good stepping stone
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 5, 2016
Okay place. It was nice to be able to pray and work, but Lawndale exceeds at getting by on the bare minimum. Promoted staff are not properly trained which is dangerous when they are now supervisors, HR is a joke- the entire department is incompetent from the director down- and there is a clear divide between senior leadership and front line staff. Get your experience and leave.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Pay, Poor management
Great Enviornment, Horrible Management
Medical Assistant/Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 13, 2016
Lawndale gives you a platform to minister to patients, pray with co workers, and have them pray for you. The patients are aggressive but that's any clinic you'll work for. Management is the absolute worse. And the pay is horrible, but you'll gain the experience you need to get of there, and advance with another company.