LawnStarter
67Average

LawnStarter Pay & Benefits reviews

United States72 reviews
Featured review
LawnStarter selected this as a representative review
With only 1 year of sales experience I was able to cut my teeth here and have really enjoyed the opportunity to work from home. I've also really enjoyed the amount of direct time I have had with my manager.
Unprofessional. Unsupportive. 20 somethings with no clear direction on policy/process.
Money over People culture that deceives you in the interview by making you think they are all "happy and love their jobs and its just such a great place to work" but in reality they have no paid time off, no paid vacations, no overtime for holidays, no merit reviews or raises for hourly employees, nothing other than the option to work from home.

They'll ask you for overtime hours because of their poor staffing plans & change your "regular" schedule as they see fit with only a few week's notice. You can either adjust or quit. They don't care because they have a pipeline of people just like you waiting to jump in and take your place.
They train you. Mostly. The rest you figure out as you go with the support of some tier 2 people on chat. The tier 2 people are one of the few bright spots.

The few managers that knew what they were doing have left. The rest are OK as long as you play video games and can be a part of their side crew.

Their ticketing software for calls is a joke. Very basic program that alters your csat scores and the company knows this but they tell you that since it's happening to everyone, it's fair. Its not, at all, but they refer to this as "being scrappy".

Pros
Working from home
Cons
Everything in Review
Everything was great. The people, the management, the work, everything. Fun events even when you are only working remotely, great salary and compensations.
The job is great and very easy to understand. My t2's are very supportive and the pay grade met the expected workload. It could have been better if the incentive is already up for performing agents. Overall great company.
Great company so far... Uhm, uhm.. uhmmm... Im just happy with this company. Though I hope we are also treated like the onshore folks for the compensation, benefits and alike. Hoping for a salary increase for remote folks hehe
Pros:
- Its an easy going work place with upbeat and friendly colleagues.

-Remote position with flexible scheduling

-Good support from supervisors and team manager

-Upbeat atmosphere

-Easy systems to use Zendesk, Admin and Gsuite

Cons:

- LawnStarter's call volume is at its peak in the summer, callers can be very irate and hard to deal with and at times there is a queue for hours with back - back calls.

-While writing your notes about the call, it can be irritating given you are required to manually type out the title, summary of callers inquiry and actions you've taken to resolve the issue. This extends prolonged amounts of time spending on notes and adds on stress because this will work against you and deducts points on one of your metrics.

-QA grading is not accurate at times and QA is a vital part of your metrics.

- Lack of resources can be frustrating especially if you are just starting out.

-No benefits or raises even if you have passing metrics.

-Favoritism

-Training was rushed and I felt like I was not prepared when I first started taking calls, a suggestion would be to do mock calls with trainees to ensure they are prepared before they go on the phones.
Simple enough but pay could be more and at the time there are no benefits. For some of the calls you have to deal with it's not worth it. If you are in dire need of a job I would recommend it but it drains you quickly and for not benefits there's not much reason to stay. They also seem to fire relatively easy as I have seen many people come and go.
The reason that I love working for Lawnstarter is the company's culture, flexibility and great management. Everyone helps one another here to achieve our end goal of making Lawnstarter the Top Start UP for lawn care services in our industry. There's always room for growth and the company promotes from within, every employee's opinion counts and is heard, as well as compensation and work/life balance exceeds any other employment I have ever had with another company.
I've been at LawnStarter for almost a year and a typical work day is simple, easy going and constant flow of work. Current management makes working at LawnStarter a great workplace environment because they always keep you in the loop of what happening, what's changing and prepare you for the changes; especially, with LawnStarter growing so rapidly, they look for feedback and suggestions. Which is awesome. There is no "Hard Part" about working at LawnStarter. The "Best" part of working at LawnStarter, is the team environment. We motivate each other, we help each other, we communicate with each other, etc. That is very important for me. Not sure about pay raises after a certain time, benefits, or full time employment with LawnStarter. I hope to become a full time employee with LawnStarter, as I truly enjoy the work that we do here.
A typical work day consist of a 8-10 hour shift with break. The work culture is great and my managers are really good about using coaching opportunities as a way to advance their employees. They do not use this time to fuss or downgrade you. The hard part for some is to consistently stay cool, calm and collected even when assisting annoyed customer. However, the benefits, supportive management, and overall culture makes it all worth it.
LawnStarter is a legitimate company that hires remote employees. Biweekly direct deposit pay, benefits, paid time off. I have been with the company since the summer of 2017. I enjoy being able to work from home with a great company that truly cares about their employees. You are never alone in your work environment there is always someone there to help you when needed. Room to grow in your position
I look forward to working at LawnStarter everyday. The challenges we try to tackle as a growing company, the coworkers who make it feel like family, the trust to make decisions to better the customer experience, it all boils down a sense of purpose and ownership over the work you do that motivates me to do better. It's without saying there are growing pains but the companies commitment to the 'Scaling Up' process reaffirms my motivation.

If fancy offices with all the 'start-up' luxuries is what you are looking for, than LawnStarter is not for you, but if you are looking for a company that values your thoughts, opinions, and passion, then you'll find no better place. In the end, it's all the genuine people here with the same commitment and goals that make LawnStarter successful.
Pros
Weekly catered lunches, commitment to employee happiness, health benefits
Cons
Older building/facilities
There is no trainer, instead it is a person who leaves frequently in the middle of courses to tend to the team they manage. Very disorganized. They tell you it's not temporary until the season comes close to ending, then your stats better be awesome because you'll be fired if they aren't (not why I left.)
There are NO bonuses and NO health benefits. No 401K. This is not a long term gig.
I so very enjoyed working here, as I was always in a customer support position and I was taught and coached in sales and was on a daily high for competitive sales. I enjoyed my customers and my fellow employees.
Workplace culture is fantastic, people are relaxed and able to enjoy their day when this is evident.

I hated to leave, however, as a seasonal position and having to wait to find out if I was going to be able to stay thru the year, I had to avoid a risk by turning in my resignation, to find another position I was certain of. I do understand why, and appreciate how well the sales department took care of me thru the season I was there, I am forever indebted to them for their consistent quality management approach with everything. I would love to work here again, and will re-apply in the next season. If you are looking for a company that is up and growing and really values and expresses tis value at its employees, this is your job.
Pros
remote, coaching, compensation
Cons
seasonal
You have no guidance. You get wrote up before you even get warned for what it is you have done. There is no communication and your manager don’t have time for one on one with his staff. When you make a mistake, you are not warned until you have to sign a write up for something you may have not realized you done. One person will tell you to do one thing and then you get in trouble from someone else for doing it. Too many chiefs and not enough employees. They find reasons to let you go if your not in their “click”. Not a place you want to work if you can’t figure out your own mistakes and correct them before they catch it. No benefits, paid time off or work life balance.
Overall, a fun place to work with positive people.The disorganization is expected with a growing company, but is far better than most. The manager needs to walk his talk.
Pros
Working from home
Cons
Inconsistent messages, no benefits, unfulfilled promises
It is a fun place to work. There is a lack of compensation so you will need two jobs to work at this place. Fun co workers. Cool management. Easy going.