Lawnwood Regional Medical Center Employee Reviews

Most employees are very rude
Patient access (Former Employee) –  Fort Pierce, FLApril 24, 2019
This place is horrible I had the worst experience there, in patient access, they are very unprofessional and rude, no one seems to really know what they are doing, I also notice they have favorite's, the training sucks and they just throw you out there which wasn't a problem I think they need to change mang. And supervisor
Pros
Good pay
Cons
the entire enviroment
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Ft. Pierce, FL/operating roomApril 10, 2019
YOU WORK HARD BUT WE HAD FUN I LOVED IT not enough staff to balance the work load, but we all worked together and got the job done. and our patients were safe
Pros
great people
Cons
not enough staff
Learning Experience A Whole New LRMC!
Environmental Technician Per Diem (Former Employee) –  Fort Pierce, FLApril 10, 2019
Cleaning daily nightly Good Team Watch yourself Fast paced
Face mask it up everywhere Loved seeing the lil ones made it worth until it wasn’t. Good luck
Pros
OTJ to a degree. Increase cents for late shifts.
Cons
Written Concrete Schedule in first 2 wks, No benefits No PTO
Nutritional services department lead (Current Employee) –  Nutritional services departmentMarch 7, 2019
A good place to work with opportunities in education and advancement depending on which department you’re in. My department was nutritional services, we were understaffed, and Management would schedule employees to do up to 3 to 4 double shifts a week! The results of this, is that a very good employee with good skills, is now exhausted and perform their job poorly,Showing extreme signs of exhaustion, outbreaks of fights and loud yelling, causing employees to be ineffective In performing their job properly. A typical example; a fantastic employee working on the tray line, had been scheduled so much, that she was virtually useless! She would miss an average of 40% of the items needed to be on the tray over the course of her shift! This is not And isolated incident,. But beyond these critical issues, what bothers me most, is that racism is alive and well at Lawnwood regional Medical Center ! I come from a Diverse family from at least 10 different countries of origin and race, and to see racism alive and well in 2019 Is a travesty! My issue is not of racism I get along with everybody. These are my observations over the last seven years of employment at Lawnwood regional Hospital.What’s sad is I have heard this from high ranking employees in each department!
Pros
Health benefits, 401(k), job security
Cons
Extremely understaffed, and I find it generally unhygienic in most areas
It is a place where you will get invaluable experience
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Fort Pierce, FLFebruary 7, 2019
I have enjoyed my time at Lawnwood. I have learned so much in the 3 years I have worked there. However if I am being completely honest I have an issue with the shift options in the lab. There are only three options available. 4am-12:30, 12-8:30, 8pm-6:30am. I am only able to work 12-8:30 because of my husbands schedule. But that shift doesn’t allow me to have a work life balance. I have two children and I miss out on so much because of me working 12-8:30 5 days a week. I have developed a passion for phlebotomy and being the best I can be. And I enjoy the fast paced environment at Lawnwood.
Skilled facility
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  FloridaJanuary 27, 2019
Work environment of education,the mission statement is what drives the company.The benefits if the company are very employee centered as well as being compensated
Pros
Education reinbursiment
Cons
More hours to work
review
full-time Staff RN in PCU (Former Employee) –  Fort Pierce, FLJanuary 16, 2019
I was not happy at this hospital. I am not able to write a report for this hospital. I had to go through a metal detector to enter work and felt very unsafe working there.
Pros
no pros
Cons
no cons
For profit on the backs of it's employees
RN (Current Employee) –  Fort Pierce, FLJanuary 11, 2019
Hard working staff, always wanting more out of you. Expect you to pay for mandatory training and wait for reimbursement. Never explained entire job at interview or the scope. If not for coworkers, no real incentive to stick around. Do not expect full orientation, before being thrown to wolves.
Pros
Pay not bad, everyone works hard.
Cons
Management and failure to pit up front expectations.
can be a tough place to work
Staff nurse PACU (Former Employee) –  Ft. Pierce, FLJanuary 7, 2019
very busy PACU. normal to be short staffed.aquity of pts is very high.
not a lot of support from management.
diverse culture
a lot of great people who work very hard.
Pros
good people
Cons
short staffed and no support from management
Productive and Challenging Environment
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Fort Pierce, FLDecember 31, 2018
I truly believe that this facility challenges you personally and professionally. You will learn valuable skills that you can take with you in any work
Pros
tuition reimbursement, opportunities to advance
Cons
short staffed at times
Enjoy working here
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Fort Pierce, FLDecember 11, 2018
I enjoy working with my co workers on a daily basis. The team work is very good! I have made long lasting relationships here and appreciate the management team.
stressful environment beyond regular nursing environment
RN (Former Employee) –  Fort Pierce, FLOctober 24, 2018
No required call for nurses which lead to high nurse to patient ratios which complicated care of patients. management was not available for emergencies. no positive encouragement from management.
I woudn't recommend working at Lawnwood
Environmental Associate (Former Employee) –  Fort Pierce, FLOctober 19, 2018
To be honest I wouldn't recommend working at Lawnwood Hospital even if ur a hardworking & pleasant worker like me who comes to work with a smile on ur face everyday. I use to work for the Environmental Services Dept. & The Director of my department was a very nice & professional lady who was a great leader. But unfortunately she was out on vacation during the time that I decided to resign. So it was just goofy timing on my part however like I said the Director was a very respectable & professional lady & I don't have nothing bad to say about her at all. But the other supervisors I kind of lost respect for becuz of their attitude problems & tht includes some of the associates within my department as well. Plus some of them are just too foolish to appreciate a strong worker when they have one. Also some of the nurses & doctors at Lawnwood got some attitude problems as well - don't get me wrong not all of Lawnwood folk are like this but some definitely are. Never in a million years would I ever allow unhappy, weak, weird, miserable and low confidence people steal my happiness or joy - I never have allowed that I never will. Like the old saying goes "Misery loves company" & people like that just can't be tolerated. & I only get along with truly nice & polite people. But to be honest, there was many times while working at Lawnwood where I just felt like I was in grade school or somethin & I was surrounded by a bunch of little snotty nose immature little 4th graders who throw temper tantrums & got mood swing issues. Like I'm literally having to just teach & set the little toddlers  more... straight on a regular basis. LoL! Many times feeling like I'm the only adult in the room, it was actually pretty amazing & fascinating to see "grown folks" act so weak, pathetic, immature & childish. LoL! & this is why I decided to resign from Lawnwood because as a happy & hardworking individual, I felt like I can find much better employment working with grown adults who I can actually respect & who actually behave/act their age. Again, don't get me wrong not all the employees at Lawnwood is like this but a good portion of them are & it's a little weak, strange & pathetic to the point where I felt like it was time to just move on. Maybe after a good culture & attitude change for some folks their, Lawnwood will become one of the best places/hospitals to work in the future. But as of right now, I don't think so & these are just honest words from the heart & soul based on my experience at the hospital. On a lighter note, working at Lawnwood wasn't a complete waste of time becuz the pay was pretty good & I was able to use the extra $cash$ to pay of some important debt that I had. Plus I was able to learn a lot about this type of business becuz this was my 1st time working in a hospital. But it's a great thing that I decided to resign & move on & I really do wish Lawnwood Hospital the best in the future.  less
Pros
Pretty good pay with fast paced hustle type work
Cons
Folks with immature attitude problems
6 is one 1/2 dozen of the other
LPN Evening Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fort Pierce, FLOctober 18, 2018
Great place to learn hard work, it's what you make of it. Experience is a great teacher the more you know the more you grow. Advancing is not that easy...
Pros
experience
Cons
hard to advance
Cook Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fort pierce flaOctober 17, 2018
At the beginning lawnwood was a challenge because of the amount of work that needed to be done in the kitchen, but as time went by I realized that the work was not as bad as I Imagined. So it became easier I became more organized and a very strong cook/supervisor over time.
room for improvement
Discharge Planner/Obs Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Pierce, FLOctober 8, 2018
It has been my experience that high staff turnover and frequent changes in administration have led to a general sense of instability and lack of permanence in the work place. I have also been given the impression that there is little to no room for growth and virtually no advancement for those who are not part of the inner circle. At the end of the day this job makes the notion of work/life balance an inaccessible pipe dream.
Pros
good salary
It was a good place of work
Teen volunteer (Former Employee) –  FloridaOctober 8, 2018
I was a teen volunteer so I didn't have to deal with salary problems, i was only there to help and get some hours, but it was great while i was there.
Jgb
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Fort Pierce, FLOctober 5, 2018
Nice colleagues
Pay decent I don’t know why I am being forced to write more than what I’m offering. Lawnwood is a cool place to work
Would no recommend
Travel Nurse, MICU (Former Employee) –  Fort Pierce, FLSeptember 22, 2018
Lawnwood has a poor reputation due to its poor staffing and lack of support for nurses and medical staff. Do not work here if you care about keeping your professional license
Great Place to work!
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Pierce, FLSeptember 20, 2018
A typical day at work would consist of getting a report from the charge nurse, feeding patients and interacting with the patient family member. There is a lot of waling lifting and bending involved so unless you plan to be on your feet 90% of the time this job is not for you.
Pros
Free Seminars
Cons
If someone does not report for work you have to cover their shift.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lawnwood Regional Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Lawnwood Regional Medical Center Reviews by Location