Lawrence & Memorial Hospital Employee Reviews

Hospital Overall
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  New London, CTJune 16, 2018
The hospital strives to ensure that there is adequate staffing to provide optimal patient care. The benefits and salary are competitive, and management works to provide a positive work/life balance for all employees.
Stressful and lacking concern for employees
Cardiovascular Sonographer (Current Employee) –  New London, CTNovember 13, 2018
Since L&M has become affiliated with the Yale New Haven Healthcare system there has been a noticeable change in employee morale. We are expected to do much more with less staff and there is no concern for life outside of work. Our scheduled hours can be changed with very little notice as well as being forced to rotate through an 11-7:30 shift and second shift when you are accustomed to working day shift. Management is poor at best and it has become hard to find anything enjoyable about working here.
Pros
Good pay
The bottom of the barrel
Just an ordinary worker (Former Employee) –  New London, CTJanuary 1, 2019
New management has been slowing coming in and hopefully it will be for the better, it was just not fast enough for me to stay. They need to do a complete sweep of middle management. The level of incompetence was astounding. Many good people have left. It was at one time a good place to work. I hope it will be again some day.
I liked my job as a coder, my supervisor was great
Lead Coder (Former Employee) –  New London, CTOctober 29, 2018
I like using EPIC and the work load was fair, very good place and nice people. I left to be able to advance my career and code more complex accounts. They have a CDI program that is very active and takes a lead role, which may or may not always coincide with a coders perspective .
Pros
remote coding
Cons
OT is often required as are weekend hours
Great Learning Experience
Medical Biller (Former Employee) –  New London, CTNovember 26, 2018
I learned a lot about the Revenue Cycle during my time at L+M. There were often other positions that could be explored. The downfall was the Management not listening enough to their employees when it came to process revision.
pleasant place
Millwright (Former Employee) –  New London, CTMarch 14, 2018
pleasant place of employment
medical dental and vision benefits offered
human resources helpful
staff pleasant
knowledgeable
uniforms and safety equipment supplied
Good place to start a career.
Neonatal Pediatric Specialist (Current Employee) –  New London, CTAugust 15, 2018
My first clinical rotation and my first job as a RRT. I have learned a lot form LM. I work third shift and I truly enjoy my co workers.
I wish it was more opportunities for advancement in my field.
Pros
close to home
Cons
no career advance options
L&M Hospital
IT Support Technician (Former Employee) –  New London, CTAugust 27, 2018
Overall great company to work for. The environment is great. Direct manager was sometimes hard to work for and was slow to compliment you and allow you to grow. Customers were great and thankful for problem resolutions.
Pros
Good work environment
Cons
Direct management was brash
Okay place to work at.
HUC - Health Unit Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New London, CTFebruary 1, 2018
If you're not a nurse you are not going to advance very far. Has benefits and has job security...that's it. Once you have your foot in the door it's good.
I think it's a nice place to work
Phlebotomist (Per Diem) (Current Employee) –  New London, CTNovember 19, 2018
My overall review is 4 stars.
I enjoy working there, The co workers and other employees are really nice. Iv'e learned many things which expanded my knowledge for doing my job more effectively.

i
Kitchen is the WORST
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  New London, CTJune 18, 2017
Many of us head to work in the morning in hopes for an easy, productive work day but it's very hard to do that when you walk into the kitchen and the environment is high school. Everyone is immature in the kitchen down to the supervisor Carol Gessner. The kitchen is all about favorites and sides, nothing is done fair what so ever within there. The supervisors are creeps, always hitting on the college girls as well. Great pay, SUCKY environment! Everyone's miserable in there as well, you can tell they hate being at work. When I first started, the environment was filled with bubbly personalities but not now. I would never return to work there, seeing as I got an internship. The kitchen is failing only due to the terrible administration team working in there.
Pros
Great pay, benefits
Cons
Biased supervisors, unfair, a lot of running
L&M review
PATIENT ACCESS ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  New London, CT 06320October 8, 2018
Lawrence Memorial is a great place to work, like anyplace it has its ups and downs with change and turnover. My coworkers and I work collaboratively together to ensure the needs of the patients are met..
Pros
Overtime is always available
Cons
Short staffing
Stable Work Environment
Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  New London, CTJanuary 13, 2018
Stable work environment, good benefit program, good PTO benefits, retirement plan with multiple funds to select from. Supervisor was supportive and I got along wither well.
LM hospital
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  New London, CTSeptember 20, 2017
Don't be fooled... Lawrence and Memorial Hospital may be a bit old fashioned but many people work there and stay there. Its a good place to work.. There is great job security, its clean, the people that work there are nice and not to mention you wont find better benefits than this place I'm telling you!
Pros
Great benifits and great union
Cons
very old looking hospital
Poor leadership
Billing Supervisor (Former Employee) –  New London, CTMarch 5, 2018
Poor Management Team, No advancement and/or encouragement from leading Manager. Very Stressful, High expectations for long hours and no Guidance to complete tasks given.
Excellent position and co-workers with hospital downsizing no job secutiry
Occupational Health Nurse (Former Employee) –  New London, CTJune 27, 2014
Typical day: Very busy.
What I learned: Additional skills achieved at Employee and Occupational Health.
Management: RN mentor was excellent and gave me confidence to do my job.
Your co-workers: Excellent and skilled in their profession, great to work with.
The hardest part of the job: Keeping up with workload.
The most enjoyable part of the job: Doing my job well and making the customer happy by meeting his/her needs.
Pros
Benefits & camaraderie
Cons
Hospital downsizing no job security
PC Analyst/Technician
PC Analyst/Technician, Information Services (Former Employee) –  New London, CTSeptember 2, 2015
I enjoyed my position the work hours scheduled was flexible, as it allowed me to take my daughter to school.
I Installed, maintained, and upgraded numerous PC systems and servers and software. As well as test and review software and hardware.
Aside from the department CIO’s unwillingness to improve our services to the departments as recommended by Connecticut Hospitals Association (CHA), it was a pleasure to work at the hospital.
Pros
benifits, staff, frendly environment, flex-hour schedule
Cons
management and lack of progress to improve the IT services
L&M Review
Patient Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  New London, CTJune 10, 2018
I worked at L&M prior to Yale taking over. However, I met a lot of knowledgable profesionals that do a wonderfu job running the foors. The pay was a huge plus. The higher than average salarty they start you with can be "boosted" by taking advantage of doubles that can be stacked with shift differential pay. It pays out.
Pros
Money, great staff
Cons
Short Staffed
demanding, short staff
LPN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  New London, CTOctober 17, 2017
I worked for L&M for 30 years, and worked nights the entire time as a staff nurse. Very busy, demanding, but fulfilling caring for patients. If issues came up were not always addresseither with staff or patients.
Pros
good benifits
Cons
no breaks
Happy employees everywhere!
Staff Nurse Crisis Intervention (Current Employee) –  New London, CTAugust 2, 2017
Every corner you turn there is another employee saying hello to you. This is the first place I have ever worked where most of the employees show they are happy rather than not wanting to be there. The work environment is overall positive. Good compensation rates.
Pros
Positive work environment
Cons
Don't always get enough breaks