Lawrence High School Employee Reviews

Working at Lawrence High School I learned how to work with a teammate.
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, MAJanuary 23, 2019
Working at Lawrence High School I learned how work with a teammate. What I used to do there was clean all class rooms after school and make sure that all the hall ways were clean and well to move.
Pros
Free food and credits for community service.
Cons
Not too much hours
Professional setting
Dean of Students (Current Employee) –  Lawrence, MAJanuary 10, 2019
Lawrence High is a great place to get started in the educational field. Lots of different roles within the school. You are never bored because always have something to do.
Pros
Set scheule
Cons
Vacations are set
great job
Volunteer on Helping special needs kids (Current Employee) –  Lawrence, MADecember 3, 2018
Amazing to work in this place, great people, great environment, and most of everything great opportunity to grow as a person and develop your enthusiasm to keep pushing forward in life.
Inspirational staff for disenchanted teens
English Teacher (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, NJAugust 21, 2018
Diverse socioeconomic community in
central NJ. School needs to update policies and procedures for clarity. Some departments had outdated materials that were not effective in the classroom.
Pros
Helpful and friendly staff members
Cons
Critical or aloof administrators
Lawrence High School
School Culture Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lawrence, MAMay 21, 2018
Lawrence High School has offered me the support I need and experience. My colleges have become another family and we've always looked for each other's back. The population I worked with also need the support and they are lovely students, I'm glad I was able to work with these group of students.
I was a volunteer
Volunteer Spanish Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, MEMay 18, 2018
I only volunteered a few hours a week, but overall it was a good experience and I had fun with the kids. The class was laid back but I felt I was able to contribute in an important way.
Love this School
Substitute teacher (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, MEMarch 20, 2018
For me being a sub was not really a job it was something I did for fun. I went to School at Lawrence so I had the opportunity to work with teachers that I had and respected while I was in School. IF you are looking for a challenge that is worth every second of it then I suggest becoming a sub.
Pros
Great Work Enviroment
A collaborative effort
School Nurse (Current Employee) –  Cedarhurst, NYJanuary 19, 2018
One does not go into school nursing for the pay but for the love of the community. I am blessed to be a part of a team that shapes and molds children into productive citizens. I wear many hats, not just their nurse. i help with family issues, disciplinary issues, and most importantly personal issues. I've earned the trust of my students and I am thankful for that, I know I am someone they can come to seek help. I work closely with administrative staff and the school social worker and psychologists to ensure the children's best interests and safety are a priority.
Pros
Great bunch of people to work with.
Cons
No summer work
Collaborative and Optimistic Environment
English Teacher (Current Employee) –  Lawrence, MADecember 27, 2017
Great students, talented colleagues, and a fair and focused administration are beginning to make great strides in improving the ethos of Lawrence, MA.
Pros
Environment
Cons
Demographic difficulties
great
9th Grade Biology Teacher, TFA Corps Member (Current Employee) –  Lawrence, MADecember 27, 2017
Great school with wonderful management. Students are hard workers and show perseverance every day. It is a pleasure to work with newcomers and support them in their ELD.
Consistent
Building Based Educator (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, MAOctober 31, 2017
The school administration was very consistent and rewarded loyalty and hard work. If there were openings available, I would have stayed there as a full time teacher. The students were wonderful to work with as well. I thoroughly enjoyed my experience.
Lps
High School Adjustment Counselor (Current Employee) –  Lawrence, MAOctober 15, 2017
Typical day consists of checking in with students throughout the day. Getting students referred from teachers.
Making phone calls to parents or community agencies.
Collaboration with student support team and principal.
Pros
Great team
Cons
Salary
Productive and easy-going workplace
Student Intern/Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, MASeptember 15, 2017
In this job I learn to manage my time more effectively. They expected me to always be on time, so I was. It also improved my communication skills. It was a good experience.
A very enjoyable place to work.
Cafeteria Worker (Current Employee) –  Lawrence, MAJune 3, 2017
I enjoy working with this company because I was able to visit different site for work and also met lots of wonderful people that we learn a lot from each other. It was a wonderful experience and if I had the opportunity i would.
Pros
Met lots of people
Cons
I will miss them
Fun enviroment
JANITOR (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, MAMarch 1, 2017
This is by far the best job I had as in what I had to accomplish everyday and the way I was treated. My boss was the best-- rewarded us every time for our outstanding job. Would definitely recommend this job
challenging and rewarding
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, MAAugust 30, 2016
Urban setting very raw and tough group of kids to work with.But overall rewarding experience.Culture and personal connection is very important in order to survive in this environment. Very tough skin because the kids test anyone that they feel doesn't understand them.Staff is very united and are there to lend advice and support through personal and professional situations.
Productive Work Environment
Teaching Resident (Current Employee) –  Lawrence, MAJuly 1, 2016
Everyday presents its own challenges, but work always got done some how some way. The cohort that I work in is very close. We deal with kids that present anger/behavior issues everyday but we stick together and pull through to create an environment in which learning is possible.
Pros
Staff is amazing
Cons
N/a
Fun working enviroment full of oppertunities to excel
Technical support (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, MAJuly 11, 2015
It was great woking for the school. The pay was very generous and it was amazing to do something I loved for a living. There were always new things to learn and people willing to teach you.
Pros
Always an oppertunityto learn more and it was great doing something i love.
Cons
I could no longer work there without a degree when I stopped being a student there.
Good experience. Alas, too short.
Library Media Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, KSJune 11, 2015
Okay. This was a good place to work because of my supervisor, Charlotte Anderson, the faculty (most of them), and the students. I used my skills as a buyer and lover of literature to assist in compiling of book orders for the library. I served patrons. I tracked fine and overdue books. I made things look nice; in the record retail business we'd call it merchandising. It was a so-so place to work because the pay was scant and administration are complacent.
Pros
Faculty, Students, Culture
Cons
Pay, Administration
Great Experience
Physics/Engineering Instructor (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, MAOctober 13, 2014
As a physics teacher I was able to give back to my community. However, it was tough being a teacher. Dealing with different personality and finding ways to teach different styles of learners made it somewhat difficult.