Lawrence Memorial Hospital Employee Reviews

Excellent unpaid internship
Hospital Intern (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, KSJune 20, 2018
I had an excellent, high stake, fast paced, experience with a one year unpaid internship where i was stationed in 15 different units around the hospital to shadow the medical proffesionals and assist as a CNA
enjoyable work atmosphere
Radiology Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, KSJune 19, 2018
This was a great place to work as a recent graduate from Wright Business School. My primary role was typing radiology dictation, it was a great opportunity.
Pros
Great work atmosphere, people very helpful
Cons
Commute
Lack of diversity and poor management.
REGISTRAR (Former Employee) –  Hoxie, ARJune 5, 2018
Lawrence Memorial Hospital is not open to diversity with poor management which has caused the best employees to flee and the others to lose motivational. Most of the staff is very cliquish and mean spirited and will simply have you removed or "run you away," if you don't fit into their circle.
Pros
Cafeteria is open for breakfast and lunch hours, flexible and competitive pay for the area
Cons
Short staffed for lunches/breaks
Clean hospital, good team work.
Staff RN (Current Employee) –  Lawrence, KSMay 30, 2018
Very busy and fast-paced. Lunch breaks are taken out of paycheck even if you don't get to take your full lunch break. Leadership is good most of the time.
Lmh
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lawrence, KSApril 25, 2018
High Acuity patients with not enough staff at times. Really enjoy my co-workers we are a family and work well with each other.The real Issue comes from the higher ups not necessarily the manager, but the people above them.
RN Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Walnut Ridge, ARApril 4, 2018
Arrive, get report, see pts, review charts/orders, pull meds, do assessments, charge RN over staff, administer meds, solve problems, treat pt and family with knowledge and safety for all.
Family environment with a goal to make all pateints visit the best
Registrar (Former Employee) –  Walnut Ridge, ARMarch 27, 2018
I loved everything about working at Lawrence Memorial, we were all family and did what it took to ensure all patients were treated fair and eased them through the process of out patient procedures to being seen in the emergency room.
Pros
great environment
Cons
long shifts
Okay work place
Clinical assistant (Current Employee) –  Lawrence KsMarch 9, 2018
There's nothing special about this workplace. You have to work weekends we fight over hours with the other coworkers. You have to buy your own meals. Everyone that works there pretty much as been working there for many years
Poor Treatment of Staff
Manager (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, KSFebruary 22, 2018
Great place to work if you want to be treated poorly. Director of Surgery was allowed to stomp her feet, cuss at employees, make demeaning remarks and lie. Poor example of leadership for sure. The RN's in the surgery department are very caring and try to do the best for their patients. The techs in the sterile processing area are overworked and were treated unfairly. Too much work, not enough tech's. Director would say "is everyone I work with stupid"? her behavior was really uncalled for. When trying to defend the employees, my concerns went unanswered.
Pros
Healthcare
Cons
Being treated poorly
great place to work
REGISTERED RESPIRATORY THERAPIST (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, KSFebruary 4, 2018
Enjoyed working there. Coworkers were great. If you needed a hand, they would always help you out. Management always back you up, would take your ideas and use them if it would benefit the department.
RN labor and delivery
Registered Nurse, In-Patient OB Certified (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, KSDecember 19, 2017
Great hospital have enjoyed working there for the last 7 years. Always finding ways to improve healthcare and making patients feel comfortable. Would recommend.
Awesome co-workers/Poor management
Clinical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, KSDecember 12, 2017
I felt way overworked and pressured to cover shifts constantly due to the hospital being understaffed. Some of the management was appreciative of your commitment to patients, but most of them were not.
Pros
Good Pay/Benefits
Cons
Lack of support from management
great
Radiology Clerk III / Lab assistant (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, KSDecember 5, 2017
I do not know what to tell you overall it is a very good hospital to work for. the coworker very friendly they treat fair and it is very comp place to work and very close to my house.
Nurse Skills
Registered staff nurse (Current Employee) –  Lawrence, KSDecember 5, 2017
Lawrence Memorial is a great place to further your nursing skills; they have a great education department that is always willing to teach and implement new nursing skills.
Great Staff
Director of Surgical Services (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, KSNovember 26, 2017
Staff is great in the OR. Small community with some limitations based on updates in healthcare and patient care updates. Change is difficult to achieve based on old standards.
Pros
OR staff
Cons
Care based on physician
Enjoyed this job immensely. Loved working w/ records and variety of other tasks.
Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, KSOctober 11, 2017
This was a good place to work except my supervisor was ineffective as far as training and fairness to the people working under her. The department head was a little difficult to work with. I had to write down her instructions or she would forget what she actually told me to do. I really enjoyed the variety of tasks that the job entailed. The health benefits weren't bad at all except no vision or dental, We had paid vacations and sick.
Pros
Health insurance, enjoyed the variety of tasks, enjoyed most people I worked with.
Cons
Difficult supervisors, working evening shift.
Was a house supervisor
RN House Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, KSSeptember 30, 2017
Managed staffing in the 100+ bed hospital. Learned how to staff a larger hospital and helped out in crisis situations. Management was helpful in all situations. The culture was also one of promoting learning. The hardest part was deciding where to send the extra help. The most enjoyable was the entire learning experience.
Pros
Learning experience
Cons
Husband relocated too soon
hospital
Registered Nurse, Medical/Surgical (Current Employee) –  Lawrence, KSSeptember 19, 2017
I love being a nurse. I love my coworkers and patients. That being said they are the reason I stay in my current role as there is little room for advancement.
Friendly coworkers and environment but management are money hungry people who don't care to know about you.
Representative (Current Employee) –  Lawrence, KSSeptember 5, 2017
Over all, I am very blessed to have the job I have. I don't work with my managers in the same building but I have to see them once every month and if that's enough for me to not respect them than that really says something. My coworkers were awesome, but we were very very pressured to collect money and we would only hear from our boss on a money making basis.
Admission Clerk
Admissions Clerk (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, KSAugust 22, 2017
Great place to work. I had entered done work with getting pre Auth for costly procedures to be authorized by the insurance companies to assure the insurance will pay. I also entered patient information into the computer system so that different treatment to be done. Getting to know the patients that have returned and the challenges was most enjoyable for me.
Pros
Feeling like I have helped the patients feel good during the admission process
Cons
Office politics

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lawrence Memorial Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Lawrence Memorial Hospital Reviews by Location