Lawrence Merchandising Services is hired by retailers, national brands and manufacturers to help them make their product look great in stores. As a retail merchandiser, you will execute in-store projects or routine maintenance that helps drive sales for a product or category. For example, during one project, you may apply stickers to a certain product in your store. During a second project, you may pull inventory from the backroom and put it on the salesfloor.
In addition to one-time projects, some positions include assigned weekly routine maintenance work, such as completing visual merchandising for the jewelry and sunglasses sections in a store every few days or replenishing greeting cards on an endcap each week.
Flexibility is a unique and attractive benefit of the job. Rather than having a regular and pre-determined schedule, you will log onto our online system each day to view and choose project opportunities in your area. If you choose to accept a project, you are then able to schedule the date and time you wish to complete the project, as long as it is within the date range provided.
The number of projects and amount of available hours will vary significantly each week. Some territories have many projects and other territories have few.
Are you looking for a company with flexible scheduling to demonstrate your merchandising, customer service and organizational skills? Lawrence Merchandising has a great opportunity for you!
Lawrence Merchandising Services (LMS), a WIS International Company, is hiring Part-Time Retail Merchandisers in your area to complete merchandising services in many of the nation’s top retailers and for many of the nation’s top retail brands. Our client base is continually growing so we need you!
What will I be doing?
As a Part-Time Retail Merchandiser, you will help ensure client satisfaction in the following ways:
• Creating and managing your own work schedule by logging into our online reporting system to accept or decline merchandising services as they come available at retailers in your area. You can accept anywhere from 0-20 hours per week. The availability of services will vary greatly throughout the year, and we do not guarantee a set number of hours each week. There may be time periods where services are not available.
• Servicing your local retail stores by completing merchandising services independently or in a team, in a timely manner, and always delivering quality, while working with a variety of different types of merchandise.
• Utilizing a mobile device to check in/out for services. You will also be taking and uploading photos to our online reporting system.
• Merchandising service tasks will vary, but could include stocking, implementing plan-o-grams, visual merchandising, resets, product cut-ins, setting signage, audits, and developing strong relationships with store personnel.
Is LMS for you?
• LMS has ongoing nationwide weekly and monthly services and many additional projects available on a first come, first serve basis. As well as the ability for our Retail Merchandisers to become dedicated to certain locations and services (availability will vary nationwide).
• Service opportunities may be one-time (project based) or reoccurring maintenance services (weekly, bi-weekly, monthly, etc…).
• Services need to be completed sometime between Monday-Friday, and sometime between the hours of 8am to 6pm. Weekend services may be available in some areas.
• You will be expected to be flexible to the needs of our business as we continually strive to meet and exceed the expectations of our clients.
• Merchandising services are completed independently or in a team, and our Part-Time Retail Merchandisers must be comfortable using our online reporting system.
• FLEXIBILITY! The position is truly flexible! No evenings and weekends are required, though weekend hours may be available in some areas.
• GAIN RETAIL EXPERIENCE! Build a career in Merchandising by gaining retail experience.
• INDEPENDENCE! Work independently or in a team but have access to a helpful and responsive LMS office team.
• At LMS you are not an independent contractor, you are a W2 employee and receive all associated benefits such as an Employee Referral Bonus Program, voluntary health, vision, dental, short term disability, life insurance benefits, and 401(k) to those who qualify.
• Weekly pay!
• Merchandising and/or retail experience preferred.
• Personal Smart Device Required (smart phone or tablet).Must have location services on for in-store reporting.
• Ability to thoroughly follow written and verbal instructions.
• Ability to stand with varied movement for up to 5 hours at a time, ability to regularly lift up to 5 pounds (and up to 20 pounds on rare occasions), fine motor control (hand movements), speech, hearing, sight, ability to read documents with small font sizes, manual dexterity; with or without reasonable accommodation.
• Access to internet, printer, and camera phone (digital camera acceptable), and ability to receive voice messages via phone.
• Access to a PC or Mac that runs Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, or Safari.
• Access to Adobe Acrobat Reader (or ability to download).
• Preferred: Some projects require access to a smartphone or tablet to participate in the services.
Lawrence Merchandising Services, a WIS International Company, is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
TYPICAL MERCHANDISING ACTIVITIES
Researching inventory issues
Setting product to planogram (visual product guide)
Keeping the product area clean and organized
Putting stickers on products
WHAT STORES WILL I SERVICE?
As an employee, you will be given access to our online System where you will have the ability to accept or decline the available merchandising services at retailers in your area. You can decide which locations are most convenient for you. Most merchandising services are accepted on a first come, first serve basis. You will have the ability to become dedicated to certain locations and services (availability will vary nationwide) once fully onboarded. We service most major retailers nationwide including big box stores, department stores, grocery chains, hardware stores, office supply stores, dollar stores, and more
WHEN WILL I WORK AND HOW MANY HOURS?
Flexibility is one of the many perks of working for LMS! Merchandising services that you accept or that you are assigned to generally must be completed within a 1-week window. Typically, you will have the ability to schedule the services sometime between the hours of 8am-6pm Monday-Friday. Weekend opportunities are available in some markets. You can accept anywhere from 0-20 hours per week. The availability of services will vary greatly throughout the year, and we do not guarantee a set number of hours each week. There may be time periods where services are not available.
WHY DO THE HOURS VARY?
The hours vary throughout the year because of the needs of our clients. Some factors that influence the availability of merchandising services include: time of year, location of retailers, upcoming holidays, size of the retailer, and more. There are times that we have many client services happening at the same time in multiple retailers in the same city. Some clients require us to complete one-time projects, such as applying UPC labels to items; others need us to complete services on a continuous basis for certain products such as stocking shelves or monitoring inventory levels. Our Merchandisers use an online system where the service opportunities are accepted on a first come first service basis. They are responsible for creating and managing their own schedules, so they have most of the control on what their calendar would look like.
HOW DO I MANAGE MY SCHEDULE AND SUBMIT SURVEYS?
Each day you will log into our online system to manage your workload and everything related to your job as a merchandiser. You will be able to view service opportunities that are available in a variety of retailers in your area based off your home address, accepting the services that are conveniently located to you. Once you accept a merchandising service, you then are prompted to schedule the service visit at the retailer within the required timeframe. After you have performed the merchandising service at the retailer, you will log into the online system and complete a brief survey report regarding the service. We prefer this to be completed while in the store (required at least on the same day you completed the in-store visit). Once you have completed your reporting, LMS will pay you for your work on your upcoming paycheck.
The online system includes a personal calendar featuring your upcoming service visits, provides access to the service visit instructions, alerts you to service updates, and includes a clock in/clock out feature which tracks the time you spent at a retailer completing each service visit. Visit instructions, plan-o-grams, training information and most resources are also available on the system.
WHAT KINDS OF SERVICES WILL I DO?
You will have the opportunity to perform many different merchandising services such as restocking and maintaining displays. There are also resets, installs, inventories, audits, placing signage, placing stickers, and much more. When using the system, you can view the details of each service opportunity prior to accepting the service. Most of the services are simple light-duty services. If a merchandising service has special requirements it will be clearly stated.
WHAT KIND OF PRODUCTS WILL I BE WORKING WITH?
You will have the opportunity to work with all kinds of products. There is a lot of variety with the products that we merchandise including jewelry, sunglasses, greeting cards, gift cards, clothing, fresh flowers, and much more. When using the system, you can view the details of each service opportunity.
HOW FAR DO I HAVE TO TRAVEL?
You will view all service opportunities within 50 miles of your home. You can view the address of the retailer where the merchandising service needs to be completed. You then get to decide if it is a location that you are comfortable commuting to.
Call: 1-800-328-3967 ext. 777
Lawrence Merchandising is a full service retail merchandising service organization with an experienced field staff across all 50 states. We are committed to increasing sales and profits for our clients by delivering in-store solutions for their merchandising needs.
We consistently deliver industry-leading retail merchandising results for our clients by working smarter than the other guys. We’ve been doing it with our partners at Target for more than 53 straight years. We’re doing it today for top national retailers and brands, and we can do it for you.
From straightforward in-store merchandising displays to highly complex programs, our average completion rates routinely exceed 98 percent. Partnership, consistency and attention to detail set us apart. – less