Lawrence Merchandising Employee Reviews

Flexable hours, but thrown to the wolves
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LASeptember 5, 2018
At first i loved my job. Not a whole lot of work in the beginging, then bam there was so much work, I was working 7 days a week for a solid 2 months. Then there was barely any work. Struggling to get any hours. My supervisor was not understanding. The other supervisors I had talk to while my supervisor was on vacation, were super nice and went out of their way to help me get my reports in. If you work for this company just like other merchandising companies, your an independent contractor and they can terminate you at any time with out warning.
Pros
Flex hours and days
Cons
Uncompasionate, poor pay, not enough hours
Flexible, but not worth it
Retail Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEAugust 24, 2018
You can pick which jobs you want to take on, but they don't reimburse you for gas. Driving to a store to service it for only 20 mins equals a waste of time, gas and very low compensation.
Pros
Set your own schedule
Cons
Very causal part-time, less than 10 hours per month
Place was messed up
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLJuly 21, 2018
No one knew what was going on. Hard signing on. Nothing explained Not enough time to do work. Assignments came and went too fast. Kept getting emails that were not relevant. Leaders were inefficient and not helpful. Jobs were too far away with no travel and gas money
Pros
Cons
not enough time allowed
a typical work day
Retail Specialist (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MNJuly 18, 2018
a typical work day consist of, which could be one day out of the month, with less than a 30 min drive or more than 30 min drive, the work the store for one hour..then travel home. and go on the computer and download the pictures. and write my assesment.
Pros
not enough hours
Cons
drive time to long at times
Their bonuses keep me with the company
Field Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJuly 4, 2018
The hourly pay is at the low side ($10.00) but there are bonuses they will give to complete certain jobs, and the bonus makes it worth the drive and time spent. Otherwise, you are mostly stuck doing 30 minute to 2 hour jobs at your hourly rate. Not really worth the time and certainly not worth driving very far to do. What keeps me with the company is the bonuses and the fact that I am able to accept / decline the jobs. If they were to start trying to force me to do these small jobs or jobs too far away I would not stay. My DM has been great and always reliable if I email about a job or have a question. The work locations are grocery stores, hardware stores, restaurants, pretty much wherever gift and greeting cards are sold. They will also pay for mileage from store to store. The mobile app they use is Natural Insight.
Pros
Job bonuses. Able to decline jobs.
Cons
Low hourly pay. Most jobs are 30-90 minutes.
fun workplace
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Onley, VAJune 1, 2018
I appreciative the good help of advice from managers, wonderful place to work at food lion where people be able to help each other when I am alone. The hardest part of the job is to limit time even when you had to do the fast-pace which is not easy and that may cause me stress sometime.
Cons
no break necessary
Other pay more
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  FlMay 27, 2018
They cheated me of $$$$$. They couldnt get people to cover certain area. The $10.00 didnt cover my gas or tolls. Then they would get upset if I didnt except the job. So, I stop working for them before the fired me. There other merchandising job that pay way more. Also management changes more often then you think
Pros
Cons
Any thing you can think of
Personality required
Merchandise Associate (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, MNMay 25, 2018
Must be willing to meet new people on a daily basis and be prepared for them to not be polite. Managers you deal with aren't always helpful, although most are. Must be comfortable with people and very outgoing to be successful.
Pros
flexible
Cons
minimal hours
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMay 22, 2018
I love the flexibility of this job. I'm a mom and can still be there for my girls when they need me. Having had a career in retail management in the past this position gave me the opportunity to still work with fashion, jewelry, yet not have to work retail hours.
A great job when you need some money and need flexability in schedule.
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAMay 19, 2018
I have been working here for 3 years because I needed a flexable job. I've been doing this job while watching my elderly mom because she has alzheimers.
Pros
Flexable job
Cons
Don't make alot of money
I love my job.
Retail Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  MinnesotaMay 19, 2018
I really love my job because, I work alone at my own pace. It is good job to work when you have children. I am able to take my child to school and pick them up.
No room for advancement
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Northern ,vaMay 6, 2018
After a year i still make $10 an hour. I was told by another merchandiser that they paid more a year before i was hired but they dropped the pay down. There are no increases or raises.
The flexibility is great but the hours are a joke. Maybe 3 hours a week. Maybe!
They keep advertising for hiring so they have a ton of people but no one works.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
No work
This Company Ain’t Worth It!
Retail Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXApril 18, 2018
I applied for this job as extra income for myself & help with bills - and a month & half in - I already regret this job - they don’t pay for mileage! (Long Distances - No Mileage Pay.)
Pros
Small Amounts of Money
Cons
Long Distances Out of Town, No Mileage Pay & GuiltTrip all the way, Not Many Days Either.
Merchandise Associate (Former Employee) –  MichiganApril 13, 2018
It is a part-time job which sometimes can go to full-time which is on the rear side and one thing good about it is that if you need to go to the doctor or you have a grandchildren or children you can work during the school hours and you can always move your jobs today's date is convenient for you
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
No set hours for the week as well as no raises
Low pay and no hours
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 12, 2018
There is not enough work. I transferred from another state to California and was there 2 months and only worked once . My manager I’ve dealt with is great ! professional , supportive and efficient . LMS has great managers just not enough work or business for field merchandisers. Pay is extremely low and you cannot earn enough money to pay your bills . It limited part time . Not 10-30 hours . It’s much less unless they have a special project .
Avoid signing up !
Pros
Flexible hours, great managers, good accounts
Cons
Low pay, few accounts, no growth or advancement
Do not waste your time
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Flagler County, FLMarch 18, 2018
I have been a merchandiser for over 10 years and this company SUCKS!!!! I was hired on and only worked 30 hours over a 4 month time frame. Emails sent out about URGENT DEAD LINE WORK but we you email the manager back saying you can do it. She tells you that someone else took all the work or I am not allowed to travel that far; even though it states in her email that travel time is paid. NO HOURS VERY LOW PAY POOR MANAGEMENT!!!!
Pros
Cons
The company
Very Few opperunities
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, MNMarch 15, 2018
This job is very relaxed but it is impossible to have a consistent pay check. The job frequency is very sporadic and there are sometimes periods when you can work 40 hours a week then go to working 8 hours in two weeks. Its unreliable and inconsistent.
Excellent work scheduling
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Norwich, NYMarch 3, 2018
There is always work to do, can schedule jobs for yourself, decent pay rate. The instructions are easy to read and scheduling is easy too. Communication is great.
Pros
Easy scheduling
Cons
Nothing.
Poor pay, lowest paying merchandising company
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  NYMarch 2, 2018
Pay is minimum wage, regardless of experience. Must report your travel so you do not drop below minimum wage. Would only do a few hrs a week to supplement income. Could not survive on this alone.
Pros
If you want only a few hours
Cons
Poor pay
Low low low wages
Retail Mer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 25, 2018
I would not recommend Lawrence merchandising to anyone. In the two years I have worked for them there was never a raise except for the raise they gave us because they had to do to New York State minimum-wage. The work is very easy but advancement is nonexisting and for some reason they think you should make them their top priority. If you're looking for something to do a few hours a day this is it for you but don't expect to get paid much.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Very very low wages and no benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lawrence Merchandising. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about