Lawrence Merchandising Employee Reviews

This Company Ain’t Worth It!
Retail Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXApril 18, 2018
I applied for this job as extra income for myself & help with bills - and a month & half in - I already regret this job - they don’t pay for mileage! (Long Distances - No Mileage Pay.)
Pros
Small Amounts of Money
Cons
Long Distances Out of Town, No Mileage Pay & GuiltTrip all the way, Not Many Days Either.
Low pay and no hours
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 12, 2018
There is not enough work. I transferred from another state to California and was there 2 months and only worked once . My manager I’ve dealt with is great ! professional , supportive and efficient . LMS has great managers just not enough work or business for field merchandisers. Pay is extremely low and you cannot earn enough money to pay your bills . It limited part time . Not 10-30 hours . It’s much less unless they have a special project .
Avoid signing up !
Pros
Flexible hours, great managers, good accounts
Cons
Low pay, few accounts, no growth or advancement
Do not waste your time
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Flagler County, FLMarch 18, 2018
I have been a merchandiser for over 10 years and this company SUCKS!!!! I was hired on and only worked 30 hours over a 4 month time frame. Emails sent out about URGENT DEAD LINE WORK but we you email the manager back saying you can do it. She tells you that someone else took all the work or I am not allowed to travel that far; even though it states in her email that travel time is paid. NO HOURS VERY LOW PAY POOR MANAGEMENT!!!!
Pros
Cons
The company
Very Few opperunities
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, MNMarch 15, 2018
This job is very relaxed but it is impossible to have a consistent pay check. The job frequency is very sporadic and there are sometimes periods when you can work 40 hours a week then go to working 8 hours in two weeks. Its unreliable and inconsistent.
Excellent work scheduling
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Norwich, NYMarch 3, 2018
There is always work to do, can schedule jobs for yourself, decent pay rate. The instructions are easy to read and scheduling is easy too. Communication is great.
Pros
Easy scheduling
Cons
Nothing.
Poor pay, lowest paying merchandising company
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  NYMarch 2, 2018
Pay is minimum wage, regardless of experience. Must report your travel so you do not drop below minimum wage. Would only do a few hrs a week to supplement income. Could not survive on this alone.
Pros
If you want only a few hours
Cons
Poor pay
Low low low wages
Retail Mer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 25, 2018
I would not recommend Lawrence merchandising to anyone. In the two years I have worked for them there was never a raise except for the raise they gave us because they had to do to New York State minimum-wage. The work is very easy but advancement is nonexisting and for some reason they think you should make them their top priority. If you're looking for something to do a few hours a day this is it for you but don't expect to get paid much.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Very very low wages and no benefits
10+ yrs as merchandiser
merchandiser (Former Employee) –  AlabamaFebruary 24, 2018
excellent in beginning then supervisors changed all the time and work time in stores was radically cut. hated to leave, even after hours were lessened but would not go back now because no raises or drive time pay. time is money for everyone, not just the store. like all other merchandising work with other companies (and YES you need to work more than one company in a day per store, if you plan to make any decent pay) the time allotted was cut back and minimal standards for displays and stock were acceptable. to ME, this was crazy since our goal used to be maximize SALES in each store by putting out max product, in organized and attention getting displays...sadly that all changed and the atmosphere was rushed to get merchandise on display and not have time to clean and reset displays so all panels were FULL even if stock was low (good merchandisers can create the appearance of a full panel with minimal merchandise and still increase sales for the store). the Target and Kohls work was exceptional in that the store managers knew our value and acknowledged our efforts to help THEM sell more, but other big box stores could of cared less and of course the big box store corporate set the time limits for our work. i
it would of been nice after so many yrs with them to of received more than just some paper of 'years of excellent service', perhaps a bonus check once in awhile or even an actual USEABLE gift certificate for store merchandise NOT just for things in the limited company 'brochure'.
the one on one communications with corp. office for the company disappeared along
  more... with consistent QUALIFIED area managers (i spoke with ALL my 'new' managers fr the company and found they were hired because they knew so and so that used to be the area manager , not because they themselves EVER had retail experience. a more practical thing would of been to at least offer the position to one of the actual company WORKERS, even if we were 'only merchandisers', who were established in stores and knew the products AND management of each store AND had relationships in place to help gain additional SALES SPACE on those occasions where we actually had a LOT of product to set but limited space).  less
Pros
flex time to fit your own life schedule
Cons
no benefits, very low pay and no raises
Poor company
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Columbia MoFebruary 20, 2018
This is not the the place to work unless you want to donate your time and be treated rudely for your work.
No support from management and the manager I had right out lied.
Pros
Cons
Low pay
Never get a raise
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 11, 2018
This makes a good hobby job but wouldn't recommend it for someone in need of a real paycheck. Pros are the flexibility in scheduling and independence. Cons are low wages, in seven years have not ever received a raise, and they don't seem to value their employees. Good relationships with the stores who do seem very appreciative of my work but the company does not. No pay for travel between stores and travel to and from stores can often be more than paid work time. Sometimes you might barely break even with money spent on gas and your unpaid time in travel. Supervisors change so often it's hard to keep track. Supervisors are never aware of how much you do to benefit the company.
Pros
Flexibility, independence, work environment
Cons
Pay, not valued for work
Experience At Lawrence Marketing
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJanuary 31, 2018
I enjoyed my time with Lawrence Marketing, the staff was very supportive, they handle any crisis in a timely manner and the training was continues provided.
I like the company
Retail Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, MNJanuary 28, 2018
I enjoy working in Target Stores. The schedule is flexible. The work is enjoyable and non-stressful because of the helpful employess at Target. I like the independent work.
Pros
Goodmplace to work
Cons
It’s a good job if you need flexible hours and a little bit of cash.
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAJanuary 8, 2018
I want a job where I can advance and work with people. This job doesn’t offer any of that. But it is great to bring in a little cash for if you need flexible hours. I really appreciate the non set schedule.
Flexible
Retail Associate (Current Employee) –  Brunswick, GAJanuary 5, 2018
I worked with managers in various retail to restock , order, reset gift cards. I learned to work with the managers of the company and improve my customer service skills. Easy job .
Pros
flexible, self scheduling
Cons
pay
Don’t waste your time!
Retail Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Carbondale, CODecember 29, 2017
I’ve applied and worked with LMS twice. They are the cheapest Merchandising Company in the market. They won’t work with you to provide you a fair livable wage and expect you to perform at above standards without compensating you for your time and efforts. I should’ve listened to my gut and not applied the second time around. I hopefully thought there would be a new field manager. The higher ups are getting paid well while you do all the running around and grunt work. Not worth your time, mileage, gas or efforts. Seriously, don’t waste your time applying. Your better off getting a local job and not working with this greedy out of state company. There should be a nationwide minimum wage set at $15/hour for all jobs everywhere. It’s 2018 America this is the most expensive country in the world pay your employees a viable living wage!!!
Pros
Zero
Cons
Horribly low pay
Don’t waste your time.
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLDecember 21, 2017
This “job” was so bad. The district manager would send out an email and you would have to click to find which job you wanted an by the time you did someone would of already have gotten it. I had 15 hours for the month.. don’t even bother with this company.
Pros
Schedule your own work
Cons
Pay, little to no mileage reimbursement, terrible management
Overall an OK Company
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Clarinda, IADecember 20, 2017
I work as a part time Merchandiser in a rural setting, so there is not a lot of opportunities near me. The nearest large municipal is over an hour away, which opportunities are much better. If coverage is needed, a bonus would be included in your pay to visit stores outside your area. My Field Service Coordinator does a great job in communication. She provides me with opportunities within and outside my service area. With such a small area, my jobs range from 45 minutes up to 2 or 3 hours per visit depending on service rendered. Once a call is accepted, I can schedule my own hours, as long as its in the predetermined time frame (usually two weeks). Most difficult part of the job is depending on what store you service, sometimes you are at the mercy of what kind of day the store manager is having. Most days are fine, but sometimes they seem bothered that a visit is being completed. Overall, not a bad job.I believe that a Merchandiser in a large municipality would be able to bring home a good paycheck based on frequency and number of visits, while those like me bring home extra spending money because of limited opportunities local.
Pros
Schedule own hours (No weekends/evenings), Coordinator communication is good
Cons
Pay is a little low and depending on service area, the opportunities may be limited
fun workplaceI
Retail Merchandiser (Part-Time) (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNDecember 19, 2017
While working with cell phone electronic technology, I learned a lot about giving my customers choices that buyers and sellers could share with everyone in our store.
Pros
product inventory knowledge and capability
Cons
freight
This company had very poor management and communication skills.
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLDecember 2, 2017
I have been a merchandiser for over 20 years and this company was by far one of the worst at communication and management. If I had any questions on a job, it was impossible to ever get anyone.

The pay rates were terrible for anyone that has done this type of work before.
Pros
Cons
no communication, poor management, poor pay rates.
Great merchandising company
MERCHANDISER (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, MNDecember 2, 2017
Always plenty of work , pick and choose what jobs you would like to do. Work mostly in Target stores, so very nice atmosphere to work in. Choose your own schedule, Can pick and choose any job.
Pros
Flexible scheduke
Cons
No pay raise

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lawrence Merchandising. Our community is ready to answer.