Lawrence Merchandising
73Above average

Lawrence Merchandising Employee Reviews

United States282 reviews
The job and management team were exceptional The issue is there were not enough jobs in my area Also, the jobs are usually 2 hour shifts and no compensation for travel for the most part
The jobs are all timed Employees need to work fast to get everything done

The pay is poor for the most part
I " ve been 12 years in Retail and merchandising fields, with bachelor degree, they dont treat thier employee well, rude and bad communication skills, especially. Thier southern CA office, they take advantage of you when they need you and then they treat you differently, I guess they need to reform and learn how to treat people equally!!!!..
Not worth the money and wasting your time..

Pros
Non
Cons
jobs are always too short, not worth the commute. Wish the offered longer hours theyre way too short to get anywhere and you spend more on commute than youll be making.
Pros
independent
Cons
no training
After 5 years at LMS (and not ever receiving one), I requested a pay raise. I was told "no, the company was hurt too much during the pandemic". Then I learn that they're paying NEW HIRES MORE than what I make. (FYI, I have a college degree & 10 years in retail.) LMS does NOT pay a competitive salary.
Pros
Fairly flexible daily schedule
Cons
Poor pay, no allegiance to employees
I worked during COVID-19 and didn't have a territory, so I always had at least 30 or longer to get to my first store. Now, I knew we got paid for mileage between stores, but I was doing more driving than working. I had to quit in two months for the wear and tear on my car and myself. But Lawrence is a good company to work with, as far as I could tell.
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
Minimum wage job. Fully remote and work desired hours. Management is available to help with questions. Tasks are easy to understand. Reporting system is easy to maneuver.
The only complaint I have is the pay and not enough hours. Management is helpful and nice. Flexible hours, bonuses for out of area. Good company overall just need to give raises to long term employees.
My direct supervisor at Lawrence Merchandising was unable to reach me for a 3 day period freaked out and fired me. No warning no explanation accepted very unprofessional
Pros
Decent pay for decent working conditions
Cons
No training immense amount of data entry /phone calls no training
If you like to travel and work for 1hr each store then it would be a great place to work at. Your paid good for traveling everywhere. Pretty easy work for merchandisers
Pros
Paid travel, discounts
Cons
Hours for each store and management isn’t very friendly
I have always loved working in retail, not the hours so much but with actual merchandise. This job allows me to choose the amount of hours that I want to take. I love starting early mornings and am usually home by 1:00 pm. You generally work on your own, but are given thorough instructions and audio videos for training
Pros
no weekends
Cons
not enough projects
it needs more money and pay mileage if u have to travel. Its a good job and your field supervisor helps as much as she can or get some at the store u are at to help you
Realize that you could work 6 one hour shifts (driving between them) in one day and then nothing for days. You can choose when to do them mostly, you know if it must be on a certain day. The holidays have a lot of work
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Not much work
The flexibility is the only thing this job has going for it. LMS is constantly hiring but there isn't enough work to go around, some weeks there isn't any work at all. No raises, benefits, vacation or sick time.
Management is not helpful with situations in the field. It seems they are uniformed and not willing to investigate to get answers for you when you have a problem. I lost a dedicated job with them with no warning and my manager had no idea why and didn't seem to care that I lost so much work right before Christmas. Pay could be better.
Getting this job was fairly easy. It works well woth my schedule because I am a college student, so my hours vary. It gelps that the job is flexoble and you can schedule your own work days and hours, especially if you have kids of just need a little bit of money to get by. I will say that opportunites are to a minimum, so I don't siggest that this job be the only ion you have.
The best part of this job is being able to make my own schedule. I like going to the different stores and merchandising the jobs for each location.
the hardest part of the job is not knowing your bosses. Only communicating by email or phone. It is not a job for someone who is not motivated to go to work.
If your looking for a part time job this is a good company to work for. They have a flexible work schedule and you get paid for mileage. You merchandise different kinds of products at dedicated locations. It has variety, so you don't get bored doing the same thing all the time. They have employees in all 50 states.
Job was ok but the Target store i was servicing had there employees doing alot of the work that i was suppose to be doing after a while it made no sense for me to do this job its to bad because the Job wasnt that bad and making my own schedule was nice.
I set my schedule and work the hours i have accepted for the week. I go in when I feel like it as long as I get my time in for the day it is fine. You work unsupervised and are responsible for yourself and your time. It is a great job if your looking for extra work of just a part time job to get you out and making a little pocket money. Communication with the company is mostly online and everyone is very helpful when you need questions answered.
Pros
Work freely unsupervised with a flexable schedule
Cons
Pay is a little too low.
I like working for Lawrence Merchandising. My supervisor is really nice and helpful. The pay and job assignments really are very low. 1 assignment a week is not enough to live on. I am having to look for another job to make up a part time employment.
Employees should be allowed more hours to work if they want them, especially when you are just starting out with the company. I do love the travel incentives and bonuses as well.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lawrence Merchandising. Our community is ready to answer.
2.4