Lawrence Merchandising Employee Reviews

Lack of Jobs
Field Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  McAlester, OKNovember 11, 2018
The jobs that show up in my area aren't worth the paycheck, normally you are given about a quarter the time that should be devoted to doing the job correctly. They don't care so neither do I.
Not Flexible, Extremely Incompetent Direct Management and Scarce Work!
Part Time Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLOctober 21, 2018
A normal day at work was working scheduled opportunities throughout the day. I learned that this job is really not flexible! Direct Management was extremely incompetent. When I had problems or issues at a store, Direct Management was hardly ever available for help. The hardest part of the job was having most weeks throughout the year with scarce work.
Pros
Cons
A schedule that is not flexible, extremely incompetent direct management and scarce work!
fun
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Paris, TNOctober 10, 2018
its flexible and easy work not stressful just wish there were more calls to choose from and that they were more frequent than they are. Didn't even get a call for the month of october.
Pros
flexible
Cons
not enough hrs
Liars
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  NortheastSeptember 29, 2018
I would not recommend this company to anyone. They tell you when you are hired that they have all this work and hours. As soon as you accept the job they cut your hours. They will tell you they have opportunities available. You accept and set the time aside but if they find someone else that is closer they will cancel at the last minute. The management is horrible. They say to contact them but if you do they give you attitude and do not want to be bothered.
Working at LMS as a Merchandising Specialist
Merchandising Specialist (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LASeptember 22, 2018
I would not recommend working here, unless you just want some extra money. Even if you are young and or a student and need a part time job to pay bills, etc. you do not get enough hours to make a decent paycheck. The rate of pay $10 per hour is not bad, but I personally feel like they pay is so decent because work is so little.

Typical work week for me would be weekends for a few hours. I think the longest I ever worked was 6 hours in a day. But usually I would be at work for 1-3 hours for 2 days a week IF THAT.

I was told I would be hired to do weekend work, and come to find out that was only because another rep in my area was on a vacation, When she came back my weekend work days "varied". I would only be scheduled some weekends, and sometimes weekdays. One week I had to work everyday for a week.

The most frustrating part is they don't want to pay you for travel unless you are driving from one of the LMS jobs to another job.(or if you have to drive very far) So during some of these scheduled shifts I would drive all the way to the location for nothing because there would be no product and nothing to do! Waste of gas and waste of time!

My supervisor was not very reliable. I would try to contact her several times for urgent reasons, and she would not answer the phones or emails most of the time. She would only contact me if she needed help filling a job in the area.

I enjoyed working with the flowers, though It is not an easy job, its hard labor. Lifting heavy stuff, pushing heavy stuff, working in 2 different climates, very warm to freezing cold. The work could
  more... take a toll on your body. I would come home exhausted and sore sometimes.  less
Pros
Make your own schedule, Sometimes get a bonus, Lots of information and guidelines to help get your job done right.
Cons
Alot of work for one person in short amount of time, No reimbursement for gas, Not many hours, Job security not guaranteed
Flexable hours, but thrown to the wolves
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LASeptember 5, 2018
At first i loved my job. Not a whole lot of work in the beginging, then bam there was so much work, I was working 7 days a week for a solid 2 months. Then there was barely any work. Struggling to get any hours. My supervisor was not understanding. The other supervisors I had talk to while my supervisor was on vacation, were super nice and went out of their way to help me get my reports in. If you work for this company just like other merchandising companies, your an independent contractor and they can terminate you at any time with out warning.
Pros
Flex hours and days
Cons
Uncompasionate, poor pay, not enough hours
Flexible, but not worth it
Retail Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEAugust 24, 2018
You can pick which jobs you want to take on, but they don't reimburse you for gas. Driving to a store to service it for only 20 mins equals a waste of time, gas and very low compensation.
Pros
Set your own schedule
Cons
Very causal part-time, less than 10 hours per month
Part time jewelry merchandiser
part time Designated Jewelry Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Reading, PAJuly 27, 2018
I enjoy working the Jewelry part time. I took a leave of absence because of surgery. I was told I could only have 4 weeks. Of course it took 6 weeks of recovery. I discovered they replaced me before the 4 weeks was up. I was told they had to have a permanent designated rep for the locations.
The Coordinator did not return me to my designated locations.
Very poor management to employee relations.
Pros
great place for scheduling work week hours
Cons
low pay and job security very insecure.
Place was messed up
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLJuly 21, 2018
No one knew what was going on. Hard signing on. Nothing explained Not enough time to do work. Assignments came and went too fast. Kept getting emails that were not relevant. Leaders were inefficient and not helpful. Jobs were too far away with no travel and gas money
Pros
Cons
not enough time allowed
a typical work day
Retail Specialist (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MNJuly 18, 2018
a typical work day consist of, which could be one day out of the month, with less than a 30 min drive or more than 30 min drive, the work the store for one hour..then travel home. and go on the computer and download the pictures. and write my assesment.
Pros
not enough hours
Cons
drive time to long at times
Their bonuses keep me with the company
Field Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJuly 4, 2018
The hourly pay is at the low side ($10.00) but there are bonuses they will give to complete certain jobs, and the bonus makes it worth the drive and time spent. Otherwise, you are mostly stuck doing 30 minute to 2 hour jobs at your hourly rate. Not really worth the time and certainly not worth driving very far to do. What keeps me with the company is the bonuses and the fact that I am able to accept / decline the jobs. If they were to start trying to force me to do these small jobs or jobs too far away I would not stay. My DM has been great and always reliable if I email about a job or have a question. The work locations are grocery stores, hardware stores, restaurants, pretty much wherever gift and greeting cards are sold. They will also pay for mileage from store to store. The mobile app they use is Natural Insight.
Pros
Job bonuses. Able to decline jobs.
Cons
Low hourly pay. Most jobs are 30-90 minutes.
fun workplace
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Onley, VAJune 1, 2018
I appreciative the good help of advice from managers, wonderful place to work at food lion where people be able to help each other when I am alone. The hardest part of the job is to limit time even when you had to do the fast-pace which is not easy and that may cause me stress sometime.
Cons
no break necessary
Other pay more
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  FlMay 27, 2018
They cheated me of $$$$$. They couldnt get people to cover certain area. The $10.00 didnt cover my gas or tolls. Then they would get upset if I didnt except the job. So, I stop working for them before the fired me. There other merchandising job that pay way more. Also management changes more often then you think
Pros
Cons
Any thing you can think of
Personality required
Merchandise Associate (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, MNMay 25, 2018
Must be willing to meet new people on a daily basis and be prepared for them to not be polite. Managers you deal with aren't always helpful, although most are. Must be comfortable with people and very outgoing to be successful.
Pros
flexible
Cons
minimal hours
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMay 22, 2018
I love the flexibility of this job. I'm a mom and can still be there for my girls when they need me. Having had a career in retail management in the past this position gave me the opportunity to still work with fashion, jewelry, yet not have to work retail hours.
A great job when you need some money and need flexability in schedule.
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAMay 19, 2018
I have been working here for 3 years because I needed a flexable job. I've been doing this job while watching my elderly mom because she has alzheimers.
Pros
Flexable job
Cons
Don't make alot of money
I love my job.
Retail Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  MinnesotaMay 19, 2018
I really love my job because, I work alone at my own pace. It is good job to work when you have children. I am able to take my child to school and pick them up.
No room for advancement
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Northern ,vaMay 6, 2018
After a year i still make $10 an hour. I was told by another merchandiser that they paid more a year before i was hired but they dropped the pay down. There are no increases or raises.
The flexibility is great but the hours are a joke. Maybe 3 hours a week. Maybe!
They keep advertising for hiring so they have a ton of people but no one works.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
No work
This Company Ain’t Worth It!
Retail Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXApril 18, 2018
I applied for this job as extra income for myself & help with bills - and a month & half in - I already regret this job - they don’t pay for mileage! (Long Distances - No Mileage Pay.)
Pros
Small Amounts of Money
Cons
Long Distances Out of Town, No Mileage Pay & GuiltTrip all the way, Not Many Days Either.
Merchandise Associate (Former Employee) –  MichiganApril 13, 2018
It is a part-time job which sometimes can go to full-time which is on the rear side and one thing good about it is that if you need to go to the doctor or you have a grandchildren or children you can work during the school hours and you can always move your jobs today's date is convenient for you
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
No set hours for the week as well as no raises

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lawrence Merchandising. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about