LAZ Parking Employee Reviews

The customer service representative position can provide different locations and different environments to adapt to.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 8, 2018
It is a position that can offer different locations and different environments to adapt to. I've learned public communications, being a leader, retail at special events, and serving the best customer service. I enjoy the management I've had through the years but I can comment it is not always coordinated properly. Management does not always respond promptly or communicate properly to each other. That said, finding team members to work with in a fast paced environment has given me lifetime friends. It is a job mostly to hold down while attending school and the hours are flexible depending on location/position. Overall, it's a great company but can learn from its employees to strengthen it more.
Pros
Free parking
Cons
No benefits
October 23, 2018

Hello there,

Thank you for your candid and thoughtful comments. We couldn’t agree more that there is always an opportunity for us to learn and grow. We’d love to hear more about your thoughts on how we can strengthen as a company and encourage you to reach out to your local HR team to discuss your feedback. We hope you have an awesome day!

Do NOT work for the Call Center
CUSTOMER CARE AGENT (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTAugust 7, 2018
The Call Center for LAZ is very disorganized, poorly run, and is a free for all with most of the workers doing every and anything they want while the good workers are taking calls. They don't care about your medical issues and they promise advancement opportunities but do not deliver. The benefits are very expensive. They are paying newer people more than employees who have been there for 2-3 years, Turnover rate is the highest i have ever seen at any job, people are quitting constantly due to poor management. I would not even refer my worst enemy to work there. They pay their employees significantly less than most call centers.
Pros
Cons
everything
Low salary and flexibility
Valet Attendant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 1, 2018
This has been the worst experience. I believe it is the management style, low salary and possibly location woes. Poor communication with team and as a woman I had to pull teeth dealing with location manager.
Pros
Next to Five Points MARTA station
Cons
No scheduled breaks, poor management, low salary
November 14, 2018

Hello,
We certainly don’t want your experience to be the worst. There are a few things you said that we find troubling and we’d love the opportunity to discuss them with you further. We encourage you to reach out to your local HR team in Atlanta, so we can do just that. We hope you had a wonderful weekend.

Not the best
SHOP HELPER, FLYNN BURNER CORPORATION (Current Employee) –  New Rochelle, NYOctober 21, 2018
Not something I would exactly recommend but its an okay place overall. It doesn't give me any benefits, which most places would provide. I wouldn't really say that I get the min amount needed for me to survive in a decent way either.
Unhappy Employees
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OH 43201June 19, 2018
There are so many unhappy employees not willing to speak up throughout this entire company, because voicing your concerns does not go far often. People only stay here for a steady income. Yes, you will be able to get your 40hrs but you will have work more hours to afford living cost in Columbus, OH. Luckily, there are always extra hours available but that's to their benefit, not ours. Managers do not have to come in, they pay you low, and you have to take more time away from your personal life to deal with hostile customers & pressured work environments. Overtime should be extra money, not the pennies you need to feed family.
LAZ will take you to a world of overworked, underpaid, appreciated with at $.24 raise at the end of the year, with a taxable $50 bonus. The pay for cashier/parkers was almost the same for their customer services representatives wage on campus. I never heard of a call center only paying $10/hr in Columbus, especially with that type of call volume. There is a high turn overrate in this company so that should tell you plenty. Sorry, they do not pay enough for the strain this company has caused on my health, my personal life/happiness, and my coworkers.
Pros
Guarenteed work
Cons
Overworked
great company, great benefits
Assist.Manager (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 1, 2018
great company, great benefits, great opportunities for advancement. i reccomend any young student graduating highschool, or college student to begin here.
good
Valet Attendant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 18, 2018
I like working for this company but I need more benefits plus I need more raises and fulltime because I work in the morningshift and some times I work along from 5 am till 7:30 am ontill my manager arrives and almost every day is real busy because I work at the westin hotel
Pros
Customer service
Cons
Health care
Fun place to work
Valet Lead, Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 21, 2018
Fun, casual, good job for college kid. Not much room for advancement. No benefits, low hours, and mostly weekends. Great way to meet people and network.
Pros
Good people and good work environment
Cons
Not many hours and no room for advancement
Great team work
Valet Attendant/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 27, 2018
I Love LAZ this company really cares about their employees, great work benefits managers are awesome you can grow with the company. They really make it a fun and friendly environment.
Its relax
Parking Attendant/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 3, 2018
Its a good company but has no benefits and only part time and minimum wage no paid vacations management is pretty flexible but this job is really chill
Pros
Free parking
Cons
Part time
Flexible Management, Flexible Hours, Easy Going
Parking Enforcement Officer (Current Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLJanuary 9, 2019
Whether being hired on as a Parking Enforcement Officer or a Parking Lot Attendant, the hours are somewhat flexible and the jobs are really simple to do. Management does its best to work around your schedule and attempt to give you the days you want.

A very easy place to work if you are good with people, good with money and enjoy a friendly environment.

This is a good place to work if you need a easy part time job and a boss that's easy to work with. I'd recommend getting trained as an Enforcement Officer though if you get hired on as a Parking Lot Attendant because Lot Attendant's are seasonal and aren't year round and would allow you to keep working until the lot opens again.
Pros
Flexible Scheduling, Easy Going, Decent Hours
Cons
Enforcement has Learning Curve, Lot Attendant is Seasonal

Hello,
Thank you for taking the time to share some helpful tips and positive feedback! We are happy to hear LAZ has been flexible and pleasant for you. We are very lucky to have a dedicated employee like you on our team!

Location/Operations Manager
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 6, 2019
My operation was located at a popular hotel chain in Buckhead area that was undergoing a six-month long $23,000,000 renovation by it's parent company. The lack of support from my senior management due to multiple other start up locations in the hospitality vertical contributed to a high stress environment as a single operator on a project designated for a two-person management team. The understaffing contributed to several operational challenges, but was never addressed during my tenor. Instead I was solely for the day-to-day operations including client interaction, revenue reconciliation, payroll, personnel management, staff scheduling, etc...
Pros
Great client and location
Cons
Lacked proactive senior management support

Hi,
We’re sorry to hear you were disappointed with your experience with us as we want everyone’s experience at LAZ to be a positive one. We are continually looking for ways to improve, so we will be sure to pass your feedback along to the local HR team. We appreciate you and your feedback and wish you the best of luck in the future.

Love working for Lax
Lot Attendant (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 11, 2018
Laz is a wonderful company to work for they are understanding & work with you i recommend applying here great people awesome benefits, when you fill out the application it automatically directs you to a page to set up an interview day & time
Excellent place to work!
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLJanuary 11, 2019
LAZ Parking has been one the greatest jobs I've held. Management is phenomenal! The manager is very easy to approach and talk to about any concerns, she is very understanding of scheduling needs, and absolutely appreciates her employees! The secretary is the sweetest, kind-hearted lady! The employees are all hard working and dedicated with great communication as they work as a team! I would definitely recommend this to anyone looking for part time hours!
Pros
Friendly Crew, Great Management
Cons
The general public can be unforgiving when issued a ticket
Very time consuming and tough on compensation
Portfolio Manager (Current Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 24, 2018
It is a great company if you’re working for the right leader/Manager, you get a lot of advancement but the pay is not very competitive.

The employees are great to work with, there are some really good managers but I think overall it needs a change somewhere higher up.
Pros
Some really good employees and some good leaders
Cons
Very low pay for positions, competitions pay a lot more.
Good benefits, everything else not good
Parking Enforcement Officer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 9, 2018
I worked for LAZ as a Parking Enforcement officer. Management is lazy and incompetent. They have an extremely high turnover rate. I have seen a total of ten people quit and I have only been here for two months. Majority of the job is boring. You walk for hours around and around on the same route making sure people pay the parking meter, if they don't, you give them a ticket. People either wanna argue with you or try and get in the car and runaway. You'll get random people making derogatory comments at you.You deal with a lot disrespect from the outside world. If that doesn't bother you than this is the job for you. Sometimes that was the only interesting aspect of the job for me. You'll also get a lot of people asking you for directions. ALOT, its like you're google maps. Good luck if you don't know where your next box is because the supervisor won't help you. You have to carry a lot of equipment and that gets exhausting on an eight hour day. You have to find a public bathroom to use as well, which can sometimes be a problem because they're often not clean. You get an hour lunch but you're not allowed to use your phone and they try to lock everything in the tablet so you can't use it either. At lunch you have to choose something close to your route. So eating out a lot can be expensive in the long run. If you wanna bring your lunch you'll have to carry it around and if its hot outside that's not a good idea. You also have to deal with the outside elements. Whether it is hot or cold. If it is too hot they will put you in groups with a driver but that is only on extremely humid  more... days. If its a snow storm outside or rain you can take cover but they want you to do two boxes than take cover. To me this job is just asking too much for so little pay. You walk miles, and they treat you like children here or prisoners in jail. The only good thing about this job is the benefits.  less
Benefits
Cons
Everything else
Working as a parking attendant at a market
Parking attendant (Current Employee) –  Downtown Los AngelesOctober 4, 2018
The attendant job where I have our management really doesn't care about anything but the person that she has to try to do her work..
As a one-sided management we have a person who gets away with everything in this parking lot having extra people in the office when no one is supposed to be in there very rude to customers and gets away with it this guy has also been threatened by customers at the supermarket and nothing is done it makes you wonder why I even bother working here
Here is really one-sided backstabbing or a racist problem here
October 9, 2018

Hi,

Thank you for reaching out and sharing your experience with us. It sounds like it is not in line with our core values and we are truly troubled by what we are hearing. While we plan to share your feedback with the LA HR team, we encourage you to reach out to them directly at lahr@lazparking.com. We hope you do and that you are able to work together to address any pain points and improve your overall experience. We'd like to take this opportunity to thank you for being a valued member of the LAZ Family. We hope you have a great week.

A great job with an Ocean view!
Administrative Assistant to the Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLJanuary 9, 2019
I am the administrative assistant to one of the best managers I have ever worked with. We are a family here, and everyone works well together. Our manager creates a fair and happy workplace, she is considerate of all employees needs with scheduling and time off, During our busy season it is fast paced here, you meet new people everyday from all over the world, are witness to our many events, spring break, bike week to name a few, and thanks to everyone being team players, it works well! I am a people person, and working with a great boss makes even the busiest day enjoyable!
Pros
My boss is a pleasure to work with.
Cons
dealing with disgruntled people (it is a parking enforcement company)

Hi there!
We are delighted to hear LAZ has been such a great fit for you and we encourage you to keep up the hard work! Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to send some positivity our way!

LAZ was a fun learning experience!
FACILITY MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMarch 14, 2018
LAZ Parking was a fun learning experience but I would leave it at that. Lots of training and time learning the software, equipment and wasn't much of a bump in salary from my previous job.
Pros
relaxed work environment, fun, fast-paced
Cons
felt like there was no career advancement down the road
Terrible Interview
Field Supervisor (Current Employee) –  FloridaNovember 6, 2018
Terrible interview experience. Very uncomfortable and unresponsive management. Long hours with no rewards or noticing your worth. Management lacks honesty.
November 14, 2018

Hello,
Thank you for your candid feedback. Whenever we hear that an employee feels management’s actions are not in line with our values it’s a cause for concern. We encourage you to reach out to your local HR representative in Florida to discuss your concerns and work to improve your overall experience. Thank you for all that you do!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at LAZ Parking. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

2.8Personal Development

2.8Career Opportunities

3.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight