Lazarus Naturals

Lazarus Naturals Employee Reviews

I worked with the company for over a half year and was hoping to stay longer. That didn’t work out. My position wasn’t of much importance, yet even there I had troubles with management and the company over all. There’s favoritism, so they’ll take their word over yours always. Get ready to jump from one standard of expectations, to another in one day. I find it humorous that in some departments, the supervisors wouldn’t even know when there’s a sale going on. No communication. Every department for itself. Lots of gossip. The energy got dreadful.
Pros
Kitchen with free food.
Cons
In some departments, gossip and spreading lies is common. Don’t expect correction, expect a slap on the hand and threat full warnings. They’ll cut corners for their good not yours.
Full disclosure, I knew about Lazarus Naturals bad reputation before I accepted the position. I actually extensively discussed the many negative things I'd heard in an attempt to be fully transparent during my interviews. I figured I'd give the company the benefit of the doubt and ultimately form my own opinions based on personal experiences.Well, after a year, I can honestly say Lazarus Naturals might be the worst, most disorganized, and ultimately most disappointing company I've ever worked for. From managerial incompetence to problematic HR and business practices, it really is a mess. You're expected to fully embrace the wild west, start-up mentality of it all but you quickly realize it's less start-up and more abject failure masked as a CBD Cinderella Story. Lazarus Naturals is proof that a company can be financially successful but a disaster in every other aspect. The amount of cronyism in play is truly staggering. If I found out today that the company went out of business overnight with no notice, I would not be one bit surprised. Things seem to teeter on the brink of disaster on a daily basis, which definitely affects morale and productivity. Some of the mass emails that are sent out by the CEO are beyond unbelievable and inappropriate but it speaks to the workplace culture at Lazarus Naturals. Describing a typical day at work is difficult but here's a snapshot -Weeks are spent working on projects, often with no clear vision, only for those projects to dry up and never come to fruition. Minimum needs that are required to do your job (for example paying vendors, - more...
Pros
Stocked kitchen was a perk until cameras were installed to track food consumption & dish washing, Free CBD
Cons
Everything, Job duties, pay, benefits, hours, company culture, managers, Hr, Ceo, location
I helped build the Plant Production team and facilities on the farm location from the ground up. Farm management is chaotic, unorganized, game of favorites, blind led by the blind, too proud to hire on people with more experience to help them learn. Nothing more unsatisfactory than working towards goals that made no sense and were changed daily. I never want anything to do with those people ever again.
Pros
Some nice mountain views?
Cons
Everything was a waste of my time because of the manner of how I was let go.
I enjoyed my time with this company. The culture was amusing. I was almost always busy, which is something I enjoy in a work environment. Intelligent people with personalities work here.
A lot of people think they can handle stress, but going to work each day and fearing you will be fired is too much. You are not listened to, appreciated, or given any constructive feedback.
Would you recommend working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
Misogynistic, school boy popularity club, psychotic persons in charge, too many managers, chaos, militant like demands and undertones, mental illness runs amuck!
Terrible dishonest company. Two faced management. Selfish child owner. Lying scandalous farm managers. No clear communication on work days, underpaid and underappreciated. Dont waste your time with these silver tongued cretins
Pros
Experience
Cons
If you think it sounds TOO good to be true, YOU'RE RIGHT! I really enjoyed working with the production TEAM however, never felt secure for almost an entire year of employment.
Pros
-fair pay, hours readily available, clean new production floor, nice colleagues, effective product, comical company wide emails
Cons
Poor morale, no true value in longevity of staff/revolving door. Abrasive, careless, arrogant, abusive upper management. bullying, poor communication across company
The products are high quality and affordable. As a consumer I am very satisfied. CBD is HIGHLY effective. I wish the work environment lived up to the amazing products. Upper management rules by intimidation. The CEO is a giant man child that throws temper tantrums. The VP of Sales has no business being a leader. Both of these people are highly ineffective, rude, controlling, demeaning and should be removed. The best thing that could happen to Lazarus Naturals would be if someone, who knows how to run a company, acquired them. Do your homework before accepting a position at Lazarus. Afterall, you will probably get fired, for no reason, after only a few months. Look elsewhere.
This is a review for the production department only. My experience with Lazarus was negative from the get go. If you are used to being treated with the slightest modicum of respect or dignity you will be left with a unpleasant taste in your mouth from the first time you are lied to by management. I feel as though this company really has secured a few people who are content to stick around through really terrible conditions for the pay... because I have to admit where they fall short in literally every other way. They pay 20$ an hour as company minimum wage. That is basically all I have to say about them. The money really just isn’t worth every other bad quality this company displays.
Very high turnover. Clueless upper mgmt. No support from hr. Owner has no idea how to run a company to become successful and hired an incompetent vp of sales. The new guy doesn't even give employees a chance before firing them. When turnover is at a high rate, there is something wrong with upper mgmt. Toxic work environment. No upward mobility even though they say there is when you're hired. mgmt LIES ALL THE TIME. Do not believe them. Get everything in writing. They say they care about their employees and customers but all LIES. RUN FAR AWAY!
Pros
Stocked kitchen, free food, ping pong table
Cons
expensive healthcare, poor upper mgmt, no work-life balance, constant changes
If you’re driven to work your way up the ranks this isn’t the place for you. Going above and beyond or putting in the extra mile will not have you seen as a valued employee but as someone to be taken advantage of. There is no thorough investigation when your terminated, they’ll take the word of a single person. Favoritisms runs rampant, over work you like a dog
This is a small company that manufactures CBD. They are a young company with young leadership and are constantly re-inventing themselves. This can be a challenge for someone who wants consistency from leadership, but if you enjoy the challenge of a flexible, evolving environment with room for you to grow, this is the place for you.
Super exciting work environment, each day presents a learning opportunity. We have a really fun team, and some excellent recent hires on the leadership team. It can be difficult for those that can't handle direct communication. Those that thrive here can take constructive criticism and stand their ground when needed. We are a start-up in a totally new industry, so being comfortable with the unknown is key. Lots of room for growth
This was a fun place with a family feel last year. This year was totally different.While many of us were promised work through the summer, it became a very toxic environment and as soon as the planting was done, nearly the full crew were summarily dismissed with barely a thank you. They threw many fine people under the bus. Now here they are looking for our replacements. Get everything in writing. These folks DO NOT keep their word.
You will not be able to work your best under this management. It is work harder not smarter.. cut twice then measure kind of place. Scary amount of employees fired over several months lucky ones find new jobs and quit.. Whatever they will pay wont be enough to make up for the daily incompetence and energy draining stress. Favoritism is the biggest factor of success here.
Pros
Food, Some co-workers
Cons
Everything else
I have been with the company for almost a year and can honestly say that this is the best place I have ever worked. No one day is ever the same, it is a fast paced environment that pushes you to be better daily. The opportunity for advancement is there for the people that want it. Show up, work hard, own your mistakes and strive to do better and you will succeed here. We are growing by the minute, which can mean some bad apples, unfortunately, but that is to be expected.
Pros
Fully stocked kitchen, fun company events and pretty great co-workers!
Since I've started less than a year ago the headcount and business have more than doubled. A highly skilled leadership team has been assembled to help the hyper-intelligent young company navigate through massive growth. It's an action-oriented, high-performance environment. That said if people own their mistakes and learn from them, you will absolutely succeed here. Due to the explosive growth, a lot of hires were made quickly out of necessity that ultimately were not fits for the organizations. It's a highly successful and fast-paced start-up, which just isn't for everyone. So many improvements have been rolled out and continue to be made over the entire business. I am completely confident in the long-term success of this company.
Pros
Stocked kitchen, awesome co-workers, company parties, full benefits, learning culture.
Cons
Heavy workload, many people work too much.
Turnover is really high. 5 in one month just recently. Something is wrong with how they hire, retain, and develop talent to succeed in this company.
Pros
As mentioned in the title, great middle Management and associate level leadership all around, Motivation between peers from the bottom up
Cons
Fast paced production, startup operations that is not conducive to learning or pragmatism without risk taking, The C-level is a little too involved with decision and doesn’t allow for standardization
I joined this company excited to work for a great company in the hemp industry. Turns out this company is a shame. Management has no clue what they are doing and it's led to the creation of a product that contains residue from previous batches as well as filth and dust from their dirty facility. They are cheap for a reason. They also won't put up the money to hire real talent, so your left listening to a bunch of burn outs who are not qualified for their positions. It's also apparent that they really don't care about their customers or employees despite them portraying themselves as such.
  1. Employee Reviews