Lazy Dog Restaurant and Bar Employee Reviews

Part Time job that gets you by!
Server/Bartender (Current Employee) –  Brea, CAJuly 8, 2019
Fun place to work, pays the bills for the most part and has an overall decent work culture and teamwork! Management does try their best to be productive and helpful and is one of the best restaurant managements I've had before.
very entertaiment job, the time goes fast
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CAJune 19, 2019
it's very nice work there and very friendly people, except on the dishwhaser area, only two persons work good, the rest dishwasher they don't do the work only keep busy on their phone, the kitchen manager excelent person and very good managent, but he do not nothing about happen on the area, because the assistent cover the issues
Pros
free lunch, and excelent food
Cons
30 min lunch without pay and 2 brakes of 10 minutes, one before lunch and the other 10 minutes after lunch
Productive work environment with friendly people and a great starting job
Host (Former Employee) –  Orange, CAJune 12, 2019
A typical day at work can fluctuate in how busy it is, as the amount of people that come in vary through out the day, but it was enjoyable and taught me a lot about what it means to be a part of a team
fun place
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 4, 2019
i only worked there for a few months wasnt there long enough they over hired and didnt offer full time hours. i only worked part time hours because of there over hiring.
Pros
fun place
Cons
no hours made
Hosts are at the bottom of the food chain
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CAJune 3, 2019
Management treats servers like gods. Got barely any hours after they would overstuffed hosts. Constant turnover of hosts because nobody wanted to deal with getting barely 10 hours a week after being promised 20+ hours. They say they will move you up to food runner but never will. They hire outside for runners while still promising hosts that they will be promoted. Many people left after realizing this.
Pros
Got to pet a lot of dogs
Cons
Was treated awful by management, servers, food runners. No career advancement unless you are there for 2+ years.
Great Manager
Executive Chef (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 14, 2019
Great place to work up manager level always are worry about you And they are always looking to help if you need it.. great culture and great benefits.
lazy dog
COCKTAIL/DININGROOM SERVER (Former Employee) –  West Covina, CAApril 16, 2019
working here at first was great but if you weren't best buds with management you don't go anywhere and will get less hours however they do help you with your needs and staff is nice
Good place
Server (Current Employee) –  Newark, CAApril 9, 2019
Lazy dog is a little above average place to work at. Pay is low and have to tip-out many of the house when your only making 11 a hour. Management is a little above average.
Pros
breaks
Cons
low pay
No Title
Server/Waiter (Former Employee) –  Orange County, CAApril 7, 2019
When I was hired, the management team was excellent. Six months before I quit, the team was replaced by some pretty terrible managers. Otherwise, working at Lazy Dog was "okay". It wasn't great, it wasn't bad. Co-workers are what made the job "good" but overall it wasn't fantastic. Company culture is to cater to the customer no matter how awful or obnoxious they are, and to do so by throwing the server under the bus (be prepared!). Tips are about average (i.e. 15-22% in general) but server is responsible for tipping bartenders, food runners, and bussers whether or not the server had to clear their own tables & run their own food, and must also pay taxes on their sales (whether or not they were tipped). "Part-time" is more than 32 hours, but shifts tend to be 4 to 6 hours so that's a plus. Employees also get one half-priced meal per day which is a nice option after a day on your feet.
Pros
1/2 price meal per shift, 4-6 hour shifts
Cons
Poor management, poor customer culture, large tip-outs per shift, taxed on sales, must provide own uniform
It’s ok.
Food Runner and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Roseville, CAMarch 7, 2019
The experience I had was miserable mainly. The management was horrible and over scheduled me on days I work my other job. The people also didn’t seem to get a long very well. But apparently it was the location I worked at and the others are better.
Pros
Low discount
Cons
Mean people
Manager (Current Employee) –  Orange, CAMarch 6, 2019
10 hour days, 5 days a week. Able to talk to employees and staff through out the shift. You learn a lot and is hands on. Hours are long and hard to balance family life too.
Pros
hands on, great experience
Cons
long hours, inconsistent hours, no family time
experience
BUSSER (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 13, 2019
fun workplace to work with along side few college students which were on a great path of graduating from college with great career study. I myself enjoyed making well educated friend at the school.
Pros
free food
Cons
busy
Lazy Dog
Expo (Former Employee) –  Downey, CAFebruary 12, 2019
Fast Paced environment but really good people and supportive work culture. If you like to earn your money or feel valued they will notice your work ethic. Good people, strong culture and great guest.
fun energetic atmosphere
Server (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 10, 2019
the workplace culture is awesome and it has a real family feel to it. the managers are easy to talk with and if you ever have an issue with your scheduling they are always happy to assist.
Pros
short shifts, discounts
Cons
short shifts means little money unless you close
fun workplace but very fast paced
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAJanuary 23, 2019
Greeting guests into the restaurant and getting their names down on a list with a phone number to call when their table is ready. When their table is ready, we will take them to their table and keep up a conversation while seating them. We then clean up the area, clean the restrooms, and make the host stand look presentable for our guests.
Pros
30 min breaks after 5 hours with a 50% off discount
Cons
only get a 25% off discount if you take it to go
Tip Out Policy Sucks
Server (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 13, 2019
As a server there you end up tipping out a CRAZY percentage of your tips each night. You are required to tip a specific percentage to the bussers, bartenders, and "drink runners". I'd make $200 in tips but would only walk out with $120 after tip out.
Good
Server/Waiter (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXJanuary 9, 2019
It’s cool if you’re young and need a quick serving job. Easy and laid back. Not a job to live off of. Depends on area but tips are about average and the clientele is decent.
Fun and always moving work enviorment
Server (Former Employee) –  6509 S Las Vegas BlvdJanuary 3, 2019
Great management team, always trying to succeed in a very busy city. Great staff always willing to learn. Extensive menu, with always changing items. Return or local customers were the best to see every week.
Pros
Staff
Cons
Bar and grill family atmosphere dogs welcome on patio
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Aurora, CODecember 16, 2018
I enjoyed working there but had to leave because of lack of hours. I liked my regulars and most of my coworkers as well as being to interact with the visiting dogs
Pros
Cons
Short breaks, lack of hours. Poor management
Great atmosphere while working there
Host (Former Employee) –  Valencia, CADecember 6, 2018
I learned how to communicate and engage with guests as they came in. The best part was the atmosphere and the worst was weekends when it got really busy. The management was outstanding and care about our needs.
Pros
Discount meals

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lazy Dog Restaurant and Bar. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2