Lazy Dog Restaurants Employee Reviews

Don't waist your time.....
Server (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 28, 2018
The first few months you have to work in sections where you may make $30-$40 a shift. The good shifts go to the people who hang out with management. They say it's an open door policy but as soon as you voice any type of opinion including unfairness your shifts either get taken away or your one of the first ones cut. Great food terrible management. Never felt comfortable from the day I walked in.
Pros
Half off employee meals
Cons
Not enough hours or tables to make money, uncomfortable environment, very clicky, hard to move up with in the company unless you hang out with management outside of work.
Bueno
Cook (Current Employee) –  Westminster, CAMarch 31, 2018
Buena comida buen trabajo es divertido trabajar ahí me encanta mi trabajo
Es un amviente de trabajo tenso ... Mucho estres
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Cupertino, CAMarch 27, 2018
Contratar personal con mas etica profecional .... No tener favoritismo con amigos o familiares que trabajen para dicha empresa
Not the best place to work at
Server (Former Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CAMarch 6, 2018
Very unorganized, too fast paced, and weird way they have everything laid out. No one worked on a team, managers were petty and talked about their employees.
Awesome work place with great employee's and management staff!
SERVER (Current Employee) –  Downey, CA 90241August 4, 2017
A typical work day at Lazy Dog consisted of starting the shift with a "shift meeting" including everyone in on what is the focus on that specific shift. We thrived on giving our guest "limo ride service" which means the best service around to keep the guest coming back for more! The most enjoyable part of this job is coming in and seeing friends who are pretty much family to you! We all give helping hands to each other which makes everyone's shift run a little bit more smoothly. Our managers are great as well because, not only are they tending to guests, they are also getting their hands dirty whether a server needs help greeting a table because they're in the weeds, or the host needs an extra helping hand seating guest, you can always count on them! With an awesome team like this, there is nothing hard or anything you cant accomplish!
A wonderful place to hone serving and bartending skills. Steady and consistent employment.
Server/Waitress (Former Employee) –  Pleasant Hill, CAMarch 26, 2017
I was one of the opening crew employees at the Lazy Dog Restaurant branch in Concord/Pleasant Hill, CA. Being a part of an opening can be very stressful when not done correctly, and since this was my first official serving job, there was plenty to be worried about. I received incredible training and by the time opening came along around 1 month later, I had never been more ready. This job was consistent, steady, and incredibly well maintained. Shifts were well planned out and decently staffed, and my hours were perfect to a T. If you do ask for an opportunity to grow in the company, they make it incredibly welcoming and give you the benefit of the doubt. You will be rewarded for hard work. No slacking.
Pros
Shift time-managed very well, employee discount, standardized but personable training
Cons
Short lunch breaks (and only 1 per shift), no health plan, difficult to call-in even when sick
Always new and exciting
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Brea, CANovember 5, 2016
Awesome, I feel like were all family there and no mater what we have each others back. Everyone who comes from a different restaurant have told me how different and welcoming our staff is which makes everyone want to come to work which also makes everyone do that extra work for our guest to leave happy and full.
Great environment, Slightly below average management.
Busser (Current Employee) –  Oxnard, CAApril 24, 2015
Great staff to work with although management is very unorganized and unstable. The hours were decent however being that it is a very busy restaurant the tips pay off. There has been changes in staff made almost every month since opening so that shows how shaky management is.
Great Place to Work
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  Multiple LocationsMarch 26, 2015
Overall great company to work for. I learned effective time management, training and development skills, and establishing staff and customer relations, that have helped me further my career. The hardest part of the job is investing time and money in training new employees and they decide to take another job. The most enjoyable part of the job is the interaction with staff and guests.
Pros
Great food and positive environment
Cons
Quality of Life
Good Advancement
Prep Cook to Saucier (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CaliforniaJanuary 9, 2015
Fast paced, great learning environment with high standards for sanitation and customer satisfaction.
Fun and exciting Workplace
Server (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 4, 2014
Lazy Dog is a fast paced restaurant that prides themselves on excellent customer service and serving wonderful food from their "scratch" kitchen.
The management team was wonderful in making sure that all servers excelled in providing great customer experiences from the time the guest sat down until they walked out the door with smiles on their faces.
It was always a pleasure to work with my coworkers.
Pros
Half-Off Employee meals