LB Foster

LB Foster Employee Reviews

Very productive work place , but the bad part is trying to move up in the company

L.B Foster is a great work place , really productive and fast paced and great coworkers. Only problem with working there is you don't really have the option to move up in the company. There is some guys that have been there for 8 years an their still titled as a laborer.

Pros

1 hr lunch, dental, healthcare, perduim

Worst place to work

These people only care about money they worked us like dogs 60 hours a week with only 1 day off for months when it’s suppose to be a 4 day a week job.

Pros

Cons

Everything about this place

Lack of direction and safety culture

There seems to be a lack of safety culture here. There are lots of hazards that seem to go ignored. The employees see this and they show up to work merely to collect a check. Most of the workers see this as a temp job and not as a career.

Pros

They try and pay well

Cons

Revolving door

Good work place

I love working for le foster coming to work everyday knowing my job was secured was a blessing. The only thing I didn't like that it was cold inside the building

The People

I love it and will love to return, the people are great, good work environment, great advancement in the company, and a great job to have. My co workers were great, Supervisors were awesome...

i learned a lot over there

I had a good time working there I learned lot working there they take care of they works and they pay good and have safe meet every month they give they works bonus on holding

Pros

1hr lunch

Cons

15 min breaks

I learned alot about the pipes

I like to learn new things and it was hands on. Got to meet some very good people there and ot was just a good environment to be in i learn that a 45 ft long pipes weighs close to a 1000 pounds

n/a

I did not work there long enough to give concise feedback. them with a prior employer. Management was not strong enough for me to be interested in staying with the company.

A job not for everyone.

I've been employed at LB Foster for 27 years. I've seen both good and bad times. Overall it's good honest work, but it's not for everyone. Advancement is more of a buddy system and not whether you can do the job. As far as work environment goes, let's just say that moral could use a lot of improvement. Leadership is almost non existent. Simply put, we can do better we are better.

Employees are under valued

Management has little trust in employees. Culture is not open and friendly. Office equipment and environment are somewhat stale and old. Morale was typically low.

Jobs at LB Foster

See more jobs

Executives- Senior VPs

They're worry about one thing. MONEY-they dont care about their workers below 'em. Whatever will advance their "shares" is all they're worried about! .

Productive workplace

Overall the job is fine, the workplace is enjoyable and co-workers/management are respectful. There is plenty of room for advancement if you work for it.

Big companies make everything less fun

Before LB Foster bought out the company the sense of community was present, after the corporate workers made strict rules and everyone seemed to always have to walk on eggshells.

Recommend for only retirees looking for extra cash

This job is definitely a job for individuals who are retired and need to get out the house to make extra money. If you are looking for a rewarding career I advise that you look elsewhere. Job hours and shifts tend to shift exponentially and often without a day’s notice. If you are single with no kids I recommend you work here.

Pros

Hours

Cons

Management & no career advancement

Good work environment

We have a good work environment and we all work together well. The management team take care The team work each other as well as the employees we all jell good.

Very good

Love this place would love to work there again very fast paced and relaxing great hours supervisors are very helpful................ Pay is good and holiday bonuses are awesome

Teamwork

LB Foster Threaded Division, is small team of 20 people, Our Teamwork environment is what makes this facility successful and pleasant to work here. Secondly, Loyal Customers and our great reputation makes our jobs easy

Desirable workplace with job security

LB Foster is a competitively paying, stable company that is large enough to provide advancement opportunities but small enough to allow employees to be aware of other business units and to make cross departmental acquaintances. LBF is definitely a company I can recommend to others as a solid work place.

I really liked the job but i got laid off because the job ran out

It was a nice and enjoyable place to work i like the hours and the people exspeaily the hours they went from week to week and even on the weekends.As a full time worker they had much to offer paid off and 401k plans and more.

Bad workplace

Poor management. Dangerous place to work. Poor work culture. Poor compensation. All temporary workers. No advancement. Accidents not reported correctly to osha. Inexperienced managers.

Pros

Cons

Poor pay

LB fosters is a great place to work

LB foster is a great place for employment with diverse staff and lots of room for advancement and learning opportunities, if you are willing to grow they will offer the furtilizer

Ask a question about working or interviewing at LB Foster. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• LB Foster