LB Foster Employee Reviews

Good job
Construction Worker (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, TXFebruary 27, 2018
Great for advancing and many opportunities. Started as a temp and worked my way to full time in under 6 weeks. Great location and was able to take off when my wife had our daughter
Outdated processes, Outdated management
Supply Chain Production Control Planner (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAFebruary 9, 2018
Management and processes have been outdated for too long. The consistent company answer to any issue is "we've been doing it that way for years" but when that way is incorrect, they refuse to change it. Awful training program if hired with little knowledge of the position's duties. Primarily older professionals with outdated ways of thinking, outdated strategies, etc. not to mention the rail business is a declining market overall.
Pros
Good work/life balance, benefits, time off
Cons
Awful management, training, thinking
Lead Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Newport, KYFebruary 8, 2018
Management was great to work for, always complimented on a job well done, very hot & dusty in summer & cold in winter, building open to elements due to nature of job.
Decent place to work, but dont look at it as a career...
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALFebruary 8, 2018
LB Foster is a great company, but we all know that the pipe industry not all that stable so can't blame LB Foster when things go bad, the Birmingham location just coat pipes for ACIPCO so when ACIPCO does bad so does LB Foster...
Pros
Good Lunch & Break Times, Easy Work Environment, & Benefits
Cons
Up-n-down stability, Temp-To-Hire For All Production Employees
Project Manager/Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PADecember 29, 2017
Company is great to work for, would recommend this company to anyone looking to get into a large company in a the Pittsburgh area. Benefits. Paid time off. etc..
horrible
Yard Hand Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Willis, TXDecember 21, 2017
over work, under paid, and no type of relationships besides work and usually those were negative. the work never ended and you didnt get paid for the work well amount of work you did.
Pros
Cons
too many
Not my cup of Tea
Plant Foreman (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALOctober 23, 2017
I'm a construction guy so putting me in a factory environment where you do the same thing day in and day out just didn't work for me. The management staff does the best they can with the type of employees they get to work for them
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Factory work in general
Disregard for major Stakeholders
Manager (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PA 15220October 21, 2017
The company is ISO certified but does not walk the walk. Consistently enact ineffective corrective actions for customer complaints, but fail and refuse to recognize it. Does not care for the customers.
Hires temporary labor and has many layoffs to cut costs and corners.
My Division was Spun Off
Regional Sales Manager for Load Securement (Former Employee) –  Oak Brook, ILOctober 4, 2017
I wish I still worked in my Shipping Systems Division. Our competition couldn't outwork us so they bought us from a company that bought Portec Rail Products, but didn't want to keep the division connected to railcar parts, only the track material.
Bad forman
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Willis, TXOctober 2, 2017
They made promises and could not keep them.They simply made a number of bad decisions when I was there.Insted of trying to talk out problems or fix on going problems they just wait till Friday after your off and have a resptionist call you and tell you not to come back....
I cannot accurately review this company, as I have been gone for 13 years
Customer Service/Inside Sales (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAAugust 22, 2017
When I worked there it was like a family, as I understand, it is now changed to a corporate atmosphere. Most of the people that I worked with are gone now, so I cannot accurately review this company.
Its was Great till they closed there doors
Maintenance B - Technician (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJune 22, 2017
Work and maintaining the concrete plant. Working on machines from Europe and making a USA product was pretty cool . The work every was boring when it got super busy.
Pros
great benifits
Cons
Being short hand some times.
Very stressful and difficult to plan due to labor constraints.
Plant Superintendent (Current Employee) –  Hillsboro, TXMarch 31, 2017
LB Foster has been a good place to be for the past several years. There is a great leadership staff who I have had the pleasure of leading. There is a variety of products and the work keeps coming in. There is room for growth for general labor within LB Foster. However, getting people in the door is difficult because of the wages.
upscale manufactoring plant
Safety Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALMarch 15, 2017
great management team, safety culture, pleasure to work here, enjoyed the people interaction. Considering other option because they need someone who can relocate
Pros
to many to list greatt team
Cons
needs someone to relocate to ND
Enjoyed working for this company decided to retire. Now ask ready to go back to work
Supv office administrtor (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, COFebruary 21, 2017
Company is a great company to work for. We had c good company to work for. Company picnics and parties were paid. By thebcompany. They paid bonuses profit sharing. Had a 401k plan. Health benefits were at a loss cost Rio the employee.
Pros
Bonuses company picnics
Cons
Good company that cares about quality, safety, and their employees
Assembly (Current Employee) –  Willis, TXOctober 11, 2016
I think L.B Foster is an amazing company. They have good benefits and have been very successful. But I work for the Chemtec branch and when the oil industry isn't doing so good. Chemtec doesn't do so good.
Pros
Job security, good managment and ethics
Cons
Short lunch, fairly low pay.
Missed potential.
Quality Control Technician (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZOctober 8, 2016
This site, to my knowledge, is know longer in business. My time spent there was crudely disregarded and my potential wasted due to lack of direction..
Pros
Drugs.
Cons
Drugs.
Could be improved
Former member (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALAugust 9, 2016
Management very young and inexperienced need older people in charge that have years of experience not fresh out of college with little experience in a fast paced environment also opportunity for advancement is based on how well you get along with management and not how you do your job
Slow industry and poor leadership
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJune 26, 2016
Mid level management is the worst, adds inefficiency and ignorance to problem solving every step of the way. Promotes based on tenure not ability to lead or success.
Pros
Good work life balance
Cons
Mid Level management, slow industry, terrible O&G acquisitions
Productive place to work
Maintenance & Production Technician (Current Employee) –  Pueblo, COApril 9, 2016
Work schedule was awesome and also learned a lot from this company. I liked that I had most of the week ends off so had time for my family. Got to see how product worked and how it benefit the company .
Pros
Friday, Saturday, and Sundays off.
Cons
short breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at LB Foster. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about