LB Foster

LB Foster Employee Reviews

United States53 reviews
I learned alot about the pipes
I like to learn new things and it was hands on. Got to meet some very good people there and ot was just a good environment to be in i learn that a 45 ft long pipes weighs close to a 1000 pounds
n/a
I did not work there long enough to give concise feedback.
them with a prior employer. Management was not strong enough for me to be interested in staying with the company.
A job not for everyone.
I've been employed at LB Foster for 27 years. I've seen both good and bad times. Overall it's good honest work, but it's not for everyone. Advancement is more of a buddy system and not whether you can do the job. As far as work environment goes, let's just say that moral could use a lot of improvement. Leadership is almost non existent. Simply put, we can do better we are better.
Employees are under valued
Management has little trust in employees. Culture is not open and friendly. Office equipment and environment are somewhat stale and old. Morale was typically low.
Executives- Senior VPs
They're worry about one thing. MONEY-they dont care about their workers below 'em. Whatever will advance their "shares" is all they're worried about! .
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
Big companies make everything less fun
Before LB Foster bought out the company the sense of community was present, after the corporate workers made strict rules and everyone seemed to always have to walk on eggshells.
Recommend for only retirees looking for extra cash
This job is definitely a job for individuals who are retired and need to get out the house to make extra money. If you are looking for a rewarding career I advise that you look elsewhere. Job hours and shifts tend to shift exponentially and often without a day’s notice. If you are single with no kids I recommend you work here.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Management & no career advancement
Good work environment
We have a good work environment and we all work together well. The management team take care The team work each other as well as the employees we all jell good.
Very good
Love this place would love to work there again very fast paced and relaxing great hours supervisors are very helpful................ Pay is good and holiday bonuses are awesome
Teamwork
LB Foster Threaded Division, is small team of 20 people, Our Teamwork environment is what makes this facility successful and pleasant to work here. Secondly, Loyal Customers and our great reputation makes our jobs easy
Desirable workplace with job security
LB Foster is a competitively paying, stable company that is large enough to provide advancement opportunities but small enough to allow employees to be aware of other business units and to make cross departmental acquaintances. LBF is definitely a company I can recommend to others as a solid work place.
I really liked the job but i got laid off because the job ran out
It was a nice and enjoyable place to work i like the hours and the people exspeaily the hours they went from week to week and even on the weekends.As a full time worker they had much to offer paid off and 401k plans and more.
Bad workplace
Poor management. Dangerous place to work. Poor work culture. Poor compensation. All temporary workers. No advancement. Accidents not reported correctly to osha. Inexperienced managers.
Pros
Cons
Poor pay
LB fosters is a great place to work
LB foster is a great place for employment with diverse staff and lots of room for advancement and learning opportunities, if you are willing to grow they will offer the furtilizer
Too many hours
You were expected to work long hours. Employees were rude to each other. Management does nothing about it. It makes fir a hostile work environment every day.
Pros
Cons
Bad management, rude employees that spread rumors about other employees
Best job ever!
Love every aspect of my employment at LB Foster. The management team was excellent with planning and directions. The mission statement to its employees meant a great deal. The company takes pride in educating and continuous education for each employee.
CDL Field Services Driver
This was a bad job from the beginning. You can make a ton of overtime thanks to how amateur the management are. There is no support when you are broke down. Drivers have tons of more responsibilities then any other trucking job. This is NOT a trucking company. You are on your own when stuff breaks down. This is a very dangerous job. Its amazing no one has been killed here. Many of the office people are book smart but don't have any field experience to relate to how bad it is. There is also a lot of corruption by family members working here. You have brother/brother and father/son managers working here. A typical week here, you leave out Sunday late morning to drive to the work location. Work Monday-Friday for the railroad, then drive home in a rental car late Friday night. When they are short handed , you stay on the road for a month straight and don't get paid to sit in the hotel on the weekend. It's not uncommon to wait 1-3 weeks on the truck to be repaired when you are broke down. the company does guarantee 40 hours a week pay. The training here is only 1-2 weeks then you are on your own. They expect you to clean your truck, car show style. they have cameras in the cab to spy on you and record the audio. the company speed limit is 67 mph, none of the trucks have good seats, so expect major back problems while driving. The final point I'd like to make is, you are going to be referred to as a "Scab" by the railroad people.
Pros
lots of overtime
Cons
corrupt managers, no life, junk trucks, dangerous job, not enough training
Worker
Being in the oil field industry, work depends on price of cruise oil. Just expect to work over 70hrs a week sometimes or of townweeks at a time. Me unfortunately check was always short. Weeksto recieve perdiem while out of town and months to get recompensated on expenses. I even had times i had to wait 3-4weeks for a check. With shortage on laborers, expect to be everywhere at any hour.
Hard working shop
LB FOSTER Company manufactures skids of all sorts, and various other types of equipment for the oil and gas industry, to be shipped out in to the field to their loyal customers. You must be a hardworker and be prepared to be put to work or be prepared to be let go very quickly if you don't satisfy management with you work ethic.
Pros
Benefits, Lots of overtime
Cons
Only break is at lunch, the rest of the time is non-stop work
Good job
Great for advancing and many opportunities. Started as a temp and worked my way to full time in under 6 weeks. Great location and was able to take off when my wife had our daughter
Outdated processes, Outdated management
Management and processes have been outdated for too long. The consistent company answer to any issue is "we've been doing it that way for years" but when that way is incorrect, they refuse to change it. Awful training program if hired with little knowledge of the position's duties. Primarily older professionals with outdated ways of thinking, outdated strategies, etc. not to mention the rail business is a declining market overall.
Pros
Good work/life balance, benefits, time off
Cons
Awful management, training, thinking