LCB Senior Living, LLC Employee Reviews

Poor management, I believe over 20 left in the last 2 weeks.
Nurse (Former Employee) –  SwampscottJune 19, 2019
Good nurses fled, good staff harassed. controlling all departments, but their own. It’s pathetic, and an unhealthy environment.
The residents are very unhappy about the new leader, bad choices, and not listening to staff and family concerns. It’s gone to pot.
Pros
Meals
Love my job!
LNA, Med Tech (Current Employee) –  Residence at Otter CreekJune 6, 2019
My time at LCB is very well spent. There is a lot of room for advancement in this company. Supervisors and managers are extremely helpful and always try to stand by their associates.
I had worked at the residence for many years before LCB bought it, I feel LCB is a great company with very nice benefits and staff and am very happy to be working for them.
Pros
Great Co-workers
A life changing opportunity
Director of Business Development (Current Employee) –  Chadds Ford, PAJune 4, 2019
Taking this exciting position with LCB Senior Living and their first community in Pennsylvania has been the most exciting and rewarding challenge of my career.

While becoming part of an experienced and professional team after almost 30 years of freelancing has been a big adjustment, I wake up every morning looking forward to the day's activities and how my contribution matters.

As my team prepares for our new community to open, I'm proud to be bringing LCB's innovative style to the local Senior population. Not only do I believe that we'll provide the highest level of care possible, I'm confident that The Residence at Chadds Ford will be filling a huge void in the local Senior Living market.

Joining the project while still in the construction phase has granted me the privilege of helping to build LCB's brand identity in this market. Every step of the way, I have been asked for my thoughts and perspective. I truly feel heard and that my opinions and recommendations are valued and respected.

I can't think of anything negative to say about this company and my experience so far. I would recommend anyone interested in making a significant contribution to better living for seniors to join LCB. You'll find yourself on the right team.
Pros
Competitive salary and incentives
Great Team effort
Maintenance Director (Current Employee) –  Melrose, MAMay 31, 2019
Work environment is fast pace but the job is very rewarding . At present we have a competent team and caring team. Everyone gets along very well. I feel very fortunate to work with such a great team and company.
Pros
Caring and respectful
Terrific Culture at LCB
Resident Care Director (Current Employee) –  South Windsor, CTMay 31, 2019
Since joining the LCB team in January I have been welcomed with warm open arms by an amazing corporate team as well as some of the most fantastic associates I've had the opportunity to work with in many years. The culture in the community is amazing, I come to work everyday with a smile and by 5pm I am still smiling. I have worked within the Senior Living Industry for several years and feel that LCB was a great choice for me and my life!
Pros
great benefits, wonderful culture
Cons
none at this time
Great place
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  South Windsor, CTMay 30, 2019
All of the residents and they love ones, are very nice and easy to work with. There is never a dull moment. They become a part of your family! And the staff are easy to work with and be around which makes your job easier.
June 20, 2019

We are so pleased to learn that you're having a great experience working with LCB. It is awesome to hear that our emphasis on a family culture is represented so strongly by our associates in the communities. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts!

Best company I’ve ever worked for! I’m never leaving!
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Melrose, MAMay 30, 2019
5 stars all around! I love this company and I have never felt so appreciated and apart of a team like I am now. We have a great community but it’s our team work that makes us shine. I had worked at my location for almost a year and left for what I thought would be a better opportunity and it was one of my biggest regrets. I’m so great full I was rehired, it’s so hard to find a job you love with such a caring, supportive and hardworking team. I appreciate them so much and they appreciate me! All of my directors are wonderful and as an associate they treat me as an equal and never make me feel like “just a receptionist”. They include all associate in as many discussions and meetings as they can. They listen, care and value us all. And there’s not a day that goes by that my direct supervisor doesn’t thank me for all I do, she’s the best supervisor anyone could ask for! I have my heart set on staying and growing with this company. I have gained many skills and much knowledge from LCB and my team!
June 20, 2019

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review with your thoughts! It's our mission to provide both exceptional care to our residents and a fulfilling work experience for our associates. We're thrilled you found a home with LCB - and came back! - and are looking forward to growing with us. Thank you again, and have a great day.

Family like
Chef (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, RIMay 30, 2019
I enjoy coming to work on a daily basis. I love my co-workers and we are like family. When I leave at the end of the day, I feel like I have made a difference. It's a great place to work!
Pros
enjoy coming to work
Cons
I don't really have any cons
Home away from home
Senior Maintenance Director (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, RIMay 29, 2019
Five years ago I began working for a young LCB company and from day one, I have been supported and encouraged to succeed. I have met and worked with many, many competent enthusiastic and great people who really care! The culture at LCB is better than anywhere I have ever worked with a real work/life balance. I love the flexibility and the opportunity for advancement. I consider myself lucky to have ended up here and have no plans of leaving!
Pros
Meals provided, opportunity for advancement, compensation
Great Culture, wonderful community
Sales and Marketing Director (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, RIMay 29, 2019
Management team and associates all work really well together. There is a clear line of communication from top down. The energy in the building from the time you walk in til the time you leave is contagious. If you have the opportunity to visit the community or work here, I highly recommend it.
Pros
Great work environment
Why I like to work at LCB
RN Designee (Current Employee) –  South Windsor, CTMay 28, 2019
I like to work at LCB because it gives me the opportunity to enhance the lives of seniors and increase their ability to lives as independently as possible by making choices.

I get to make a difference in the lives of our residents every day.

The management team makes me feel like my opinion matters and is approachable from top to bottom.

It's great that we get a meal provided during our shift.
Pros
Free lunches, management listens, flexible schedule
Cons
Best Job i have ever had!
Concierge/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Middlebury, VTMay 28, 2019
I’ve worked for LCB for just over three years now, and the avenues for advancement that have been presented to me is like nowhere else! This company is dedicated to its mission and the happiness of both its residents and associates. I truly would not want to work for any other company. Management is very approachable. My ED is amazing she give me the support when i need it. I love my job!
Best Sales Culture in the Industry
Sales and Marketing Director (Current Employee) –  The Residence at Melrose StationMay 28, 2019
I came to LCB Senior Living because they GET IT. They have developed a healthy sales culture that motivates and supports the sales team in every way. From the healthy compensation plan, realistic expectations, support from the regional management team who have walked in our shoes and understand the ups and downs, to the training seminars and upbeat vibe of the entire company. It is SUCH a pleasure working for them. I feel good everyday knowing that I'm helping families and that the folks in our home office are cheering us on, even during months when we may not get to help as many families as we'd like due to the basic human nature of our business. It feels great to work for a company that supports this extremely competitive position, and I feel extremely blessed to be here!
Pros
Fantastic work/life balance expectations
Cons
I'd still like to see more corporate deals and discounts, but this is minor in my choosing a job
Family-like atmosphere
Executive Director (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, RIMay 28, 2019
LCB Senior Living is a fantastic company. I have met so many great people working for this company. The culture is perfect and they understand the meaning behind work-life balance. I highly recommend working for this company and there's room for advancement. The Lighthouse at Lincoln is a fantastic community with caring and compassionate associates who always put the residents first.
Pros
Fun, family-like
Happy to work here
Executive Director (Current Employee) –  MassachusettsMay 28, 2019
I joined LCB because of the commitment to the culture for employees and residents. There is a clear dedication to identifying good people and giving them the tools they need to create a good culture within their communities. At times, there can be a disconnect, this is the corporate disadvantage that I have found to be industry-wide. However, I have found that by keeping communication lines open and having a strong relationships with my regional team makes all the difference. I have worked in several other senior living companies. LCB has been the best so far!
Pros
culture, atmosphere, commitment to employees and residents
Amazing Staff and Culture
Health Care (Current Employee) –  Melrose, MAMay 28, 2019
Great work-life-balance, and also a competitive compensation and benefits program with plenty of opportunities to build a career. Working at the Residence at Melrose Station and LCB has been very gratifying, and motivating experience- led by some of the best leaders in the industry. Would recommend to a friend -without a doubt - for employment opportunities.
Pros
Benefits, Staff and all-around culture
Cons
n/a
Job application and interview
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Shrewsbury, MAMay 7, 2019
I'm disappointed by the application process I applied for a dishwashing position I had an interview in Shrewsbury but I never heard back from anyone yet there is still an ad for dietary it would be nice if there was better communication from this company it's especially unfair to older people like me looking for employment too bad age discrimination exists today
Pros
Nice facility
Cons
Poor communication
I loved my job. I didn't like the micro-managing.
Van Driver (Former Employee) –  Silver Square Dover, NHApril 29, 2019
I loved the Residents and the Staff. I have no idea how 2 of the supervisors keep their jobs. I would love to speak to Corporate HR. Safety issues are overlooked daily for convenience or aesthetics.
Pros
Wonderful Residents and Hard working Staff
Cons
A few unqualified Supervisors
May 15, 2019

We are sorry to hear about your experience. LCB Senior Living prioritizes the safety and care of residents, family members and associates in all our communities. We uphold the highest standards possible. We would love to hear more from you. Please contact us directly at (781)-617-9320. Your feedback is important to us, Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We will use your comments to further refine our efforts to ensure that our efforts become visible to all our associates.

Everyone is not on the same page.
Driver (Former Employee) –  South Burlington, VTMarch 29, 2019
I didn't work there long but it's a tough place to work and you have to have the stomach for this type of work. Some of the managers were incompetent and caused unneeded stress on employees.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
The free lunch was terrible so why bother. Pay was week.
May 15, 2019

It is unfortunate that you have found your tenure at LCB Senior Living to be less than satisfactory. In our communities, we strive to foster the best working environment possible. LCB is dedicated to maintaining a strong family culture. We are focused on fostering a collaborative environment where each associate is respected and valued. Our compensation packages are very much in line with, if not superior to, industry standards. We regret to hear that this was not your experience and wish you all the best in your future endeavors. Thank you for taking the time to tell us how you feel; your feedback is important to us.

TERRIBLE company to work for BEWARE!!
Management (Former Employee) –  Wayland, MAMarch 25, 2019
I worked for LCB, and the support that i received was non existant, instead they slap you on the hands and demand you to change and give you a time limit that is unreasonable. They dont value hard work and dedication. They play favoritism and if they dont like you they will get rid of you , basically bully you, it's all about the money and the employees are the bottom of the barrel..i would never work for this company ever again. Upper management is careless and ruthless. Please dont work here. Advancement is minimal. I would best describe LCB as a mafia based company.
Pros
Residents are amazing
Cons
Poor upper management, bad hours, work life balance suffers
April 16, 2019

We're certainly very sorry to hear about your experience in Wayland. However, this review was submitted before LCB took over management of that community--you might want to direct your thoughts at the previous management company. Best of luck with your future endeavors.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at LCB Senior Living, LLC. Our community is ready to answer.